U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-07-2009, 03:25 PM
 
Location: in my imagination
10,078 posts, read 12,762,889 times
Reputation: 7061
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post



By the way - you look dashing and mischievous - a deadly combination!

I thought all the women on CD kept saying they don't like bad boys?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-07-2009, 03:29 PM
 
Location: right here!
1,058 posts, read 1,047,608 times
Reputation: 1267
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
You're all set with a Unix kernel underneath all that Mac magic. Net BSD is probably my favorite though I am posting this from Gentoo.
Ok, now really I have no idea what that means, but it is very sexy. I love geekspeak.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-07-2009, 03:34 PM
 
Location: South Bay Native
9,673 posts, read 13,119,411 times
Reputation: 13548
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
I thought all the women on CD kept saying they don't like bad boys?
I said dashing and mischievous - not dangerous and an ex-con fresh out of the fed-pen!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-07-2009, 03:37 PM
 
Location: Wherever women are
19,023 posts, read 13,287,265 times
Reputation: 11309
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
Good question and time for a little story. I emigrated to the US from England in 1968. My husband at the time was an IBM computer systems analyst and part of the "brain drain" at the time. After many different offers from all over the world he accepted that of Sikorsky Aircraft in Connecticut.

Until we could find suitable living accommodation, the company housed us in a Holiday Inn right on Route 1 in Milford. No problem.

First meal upon arrival, a HUGE amount of food prefaced by big sugary dough rolls and wads of butter. I was gobsmacked then as I was when we had breakfast the next morning and a simple egg and bacon breakfast was accompanied by pancakes and syrup, toast and jam. For two people, those meals could have easily served four.

Walking out the next morning. Gobsmacked to see women driving convertibles along that stretch of Rte 1 with curlers in their hair. FAT women with curlers in their hair. Big fat men wearing plaid shorts and non-matching shirts with bellies all a-rolling and thighs a-crushing and chafing. Waddling young men and women not much older than I (I was only 23 at the time!) strutting around and carrying all that excess baggage fat.

Everyone was a fat-fat.

Well, of course I learned that the fatties only comprised about 65% of the population but in my estimation after over 40 years of living in the US, that percentage hasn't changed much. Fast food, disintegrated and dysfunctional families where "family dinners" have become "catch as you can out of the 'fridge" routines rather than a "sit down and talk" ritual.

You asked so I answered, Just my viewpoint!
Hey, I emigrated to the United States too and I love eggs, bacon, pancakes and syrup for breakfast
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-07-2009, 03:38 PM
 
Location: SoCal - Sherman Oaks & Woodland Hills
12,980 posts, read 17,728,809 times
Reputation: 10491
Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
Okay, I agree in terms of Russian kids, but what about women in particular?
I think I can chime in here as my wife is Russian and from what I get from her is that its very very rare to find any obese/overweight Russian women (between 18-50 years old) unless they just had a child. I told her how here in the States, we always pictured Russian women to be like the old fast food commercial where they had these big women modeling clothes that were all the same "Evening vear, very niiiiiice".

All of her female Russian friends and those in her family are all thin. She has a cousin who was a prima ballerina who had gotten fat and when my wife saw her picture she just cried and cried and could not believe it. Of course, her cousin is back down to 130 pounds or so now, but it was devistating to her because no one is ever overweight there. My wife just cannot believe how many Americans (men, women and especially kids) are obese.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-07-2009, 03:39 PM
 
12,457 posts, read 7,802,711 times
Reputation: 4615
Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
This shot is unfortunately cropped from a larger one, but if you look closely you can see my left hand holding a white pole. That pole continued upward and held my nation's flag.

You are dashing ;a feared enemy and a potent ally. You are clearly a man of principle carrying a veritable royal standard from an ancient and respected house. However who would not hold their pole in the face of such an onslaught of withering feminine beauty? My eyes too, like ships, run aground on their very breasts. I too would see the industrious peasants carried off as meat by the ogres of lust...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-07-2009, 03:41 PM
 
Location: Wherever women are
19,023 posts, read 13,287,265 times
Reputation: 11309
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
I think I can chime in here as my wife is Russian and from what I get from her is that its very very rare to find any obese/overweight Russian women (between 18-50 years old) unless they just had a child. I told her how here in the States, we always pictured Russian women to be like the old fast food commercial where they had these big women modeling clothes that were all the same "Evening vear, very niiiiiice".

All of her female Russian friends and those in her family are all thin. She has a cousin who was a prima ballerina who had gotten fat and when my wife saw her picture she just cried and cried and could not believe it. Of course, her cousin is back down to 130 pounds or so now, but it was devistating to her because no one is ever overweight there. My wife just cannot believe how many Americans (men, women and especially kids) are obese.
It's got nothing to do with people watching their weight, it's the winter and the Iron Curtain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-07-2009, 03:50 PM
 
Location: Wu Dang Mountain
12,890 posts, read 12,168,312 times
Reputation: 8400
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Is that your getup for a day at the beach?
Well, actually we had just put in to the beach, on our way to...um...liberating a local town.

Quote:
What do you wear when re-enacting Mutiny on the Bounty - a speedo?

Naw - I just use my eyepatch.

Quote:
By the way - you look dashing and mischievous - a deadly combination!
Thankees, m'lady!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-07-2009, 03:51 PM
 
Location: South Bay Native
9,673 posts, read 13,119,411 times
Reputation: 13548
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
I think I can chime in here as my wife is Russian and from what I get from her is that its very very rare to find any obese/overweight Russian women (between 18-50 years old) unless they just had a child. I told her how here in the States, we always pictured Russian women to be like the old fast food commercial where they had these big women modeling clothes that were all the same "Evening vear, very niiiiiice".

All of her female Russian friends and those in her family are all thin. She has a cousin who was a prima ballerina who had gotten fat and when my wife saw her picture she just cried and cried and could not believe it. Of course, her cousin is back down to 130 pounds or so now, but it was devistating to her because no one is ever overweight there. My wife just cannot believe how many Americans (men, women and especially kids) are obese.
Lao, this one's for you:


YouTube - Wendy's Commercial - Soviet Fashion Show
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-07-2009, 03:53 PM
 
Location: Wu Dang Mountain
12,890 posts, read 12,168,312 times
Reputation: 8400
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
You are dashing ;a feared enemy and a potent ally. You are clearly a man of principle carrying a veritable royal standard from an ancient and respected house. However who would not hold their pole in the face of such an onslaught of withering feminine beauty? My eyes too, like ships, run aground on their very breasts. I too would see the industrious peasants carried off as meat by the ogres of lust...
You HAVE to come on our next cruise, if only to be ship's poet!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:02 AM.

© 2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top