Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2009, 05:37 PM

42,831 posts, read 87,908,270 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobman View Post
their theory was (something like) that hell itself is life on earth, and, after we have served our penitence here, we can move on.

i could believe that !!
I could, too! Let's hope so!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2009, 05:43 PM

7,136 posts, read 12,623,869 times
You are not alone. Life is a lot like a roller coaster ride. Lots of high, lots of lows, sometimes breathtaking, and sometimes scary. It's not for the weak of heart. Remember, sometimes just living is an act of courage. Hang in there.

Old 10-07-2009, 06:18 PM

1,570 posts, read 5,967,846 times
Churchill said, "if you are going through hell, keep going!"
Hang in there.

Old 10-07-2009, 10:35 PM

3,467 posts, read 8,117,774 times
Yeah...it often feels that things happen to me, and I don't make them happen. I don't believe in fate at all, and I don't like the idea of being out of control, but life has too many variables to really predict how things will turn out and to take the steps to ensure it.

Old 10-07-2009, 11:09 PM

3,440 posts, read 8,018,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
I for one believe the mandatory vaccines are coming to a theater near you real soon (heck, there are bills passed already in 2 states) and I'm really glad I have another excuse to not get them.
Coming to a theater near me? Huh, I MIGHT be out of town when it comes. Ohh well I will just buy the DVD when it comes out.

Old 10-07-2009, 11:11 PM

42,831 posts, read 87,908,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphous01 View Post
Huh, I MIGHT be out of town when it comes.
You just MIGHT not be able to get back in town...

Old 10-07-2009, 11:13 PM

51,844 posts, read 52,235,316 times
Sometimes things fall in to place.

Other times they're a complete f ing mess.

Old 10-07-2009, 11:14 PM

3,440 posts, read 8,018,862 times
Ohh, I'm sorry, it's already out on DVD!! It's called I AM Legend.

"I am Legend stars Will Smith as Dr. Robert Neville, a military virologist living in New York City in 2012, who is the last known survivor of a worldwide viral epidemic called KV that has infected or killed nearly all of earth's population. KV, originally developed as a cure for cancer, caused severe side effects in test patients which resulted in mutations as well as physiological and biological changes in the human body structure."

Old 10-08-2009, 03:28 AM

1,384 posts, read 3,168,057 times
Hear me out here, I'm going to be honest and completely embarrass myself in hopes someone will secretly inside say "wow I used to think that too" but if my efforts fail, go ahead and flame me, its only CDF LOL

I grew up thinking (for some strange reason) that life was linear. I climbed and fought my way up and up and fell back down. I was trying to reach this magical plateau where everything was great, and stay there. Great career, I loved my job, great relationships, tons of cash to live on comfortably, reasonable savings, no worries about retirement....

I started to think these dreams must be unrealistic, considering I kept falling off this plateau bus, or it kept breaking down. My parents achieved all this, friends achieved this, WTF is wrong with me?? Did I skip school on the most important day ever, How to ride the bus to the top and stay there?

Enter flaming here.......(welcome aha moments as well).

Then I started college last year, and read a book in school that was titled, "Life launch: A Passionate guide to the rest of your life". In this book I learned that life was cyclical. Or so this guy has a theory of anyways, but it made sense to me.

Life has chapters that begin and end. There is no linear. There is no magical plateau of goody greatness that you're going to ride. Life comes in waves, you get to enjoy the surfing while the wave is rockin, but eventually you have to swim back to shore. It's during those swims to shore that you can sneak a peak back at the wave and watch others ride them and experience their little "plateaus" of greatness.

You contemplate how great your ride was, reflect, take note, and then begin creating your next chapter. This book said, while you are "waiting" for your next wave or chapter to begin, you have work to do. You have to start planning your new dreams, your new goals, and your new chapter one verse at a time. This phase can take a while until you get the hang of it, but once you do, your "down times" or swims to shore....are just planning phases for the next wave that may be bigger, and you may need to be more focused this time to experience it better than the one before.

Old 10-08-2009, 03:52 AM

3,993 posts, read 8,892,899 times
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships