U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
 
Old 10-07-2009, 03:55 PM
 
Location: East Valley, AZ
3,753 posts, read 5,031,512 times
Reputation: 3719

Advertisements

Do you ever have those times in your life when things just seem to fall into place, whether it be a relationship, job, your finances, etc.? Everything is going great, things are happening to make you think what's going on was "meant to be"...

I've had this happen to me numerous times. I consider myself very fortunate to have the things I have in life, and haven't had to fight tooth and nail to get them. A lot of my successes in life have come from situations in which things just fell into place and I found myself on top of the world.

Lately, my luck has run out. I've been going through a difficult time and recently thought my luck had changed...I thought maybe these trials I was facing were for my benefit, that I needed to go through them to reset my priorities in life. I have since found out that is not the case at all, and I'm just as down as I was before.

Just trying to reassure myself that I'm not some freak anomaly...

Last edited by MAtheBanker; 10-07-2009 at 04:21 PM..
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-07-2009, 03:58 PM
 
8,424 posts, read 24,179,032 times
Reputation: 5907
LOL....


YouTube - Frank Sinatra - That's Life


Oh yeh
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-07-2009, 04:00 PM
 
Location: East Valley, AZ
3,753 posts, read 5,031,512 times
Reputation: 3719
Yeah, I know. It's life. Maybe it's payback for my life being so great
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-07-2009, 04:05 PM
 
Location: in my imagination
10,136 posts, read 13,162,212 times
Reputation: 7105
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAtheBanker View Post
Just trying to reassure myself that I'm not some freak anomaly...

Don't worry you are not, I am however.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-07-2009, 04:12 PM
 
Location: The Jar
9,793 posts, read 5,383,707 times
Reputation: 18488
Had the worst year of my life last year; death of close friend and several family members. And even worse yet, I was betrayed by a person I cared for/ loved deeply.

But, I soon realized through many, many pals coming out of the woodwork (with kind and reassuring words) that all will be well eventually. Hoping the same for you my friend! Don't give up because.....
YouTube - HOWARD JONES - THINGS CAN ONLY GET BETTER (EX. VER.)
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-07-2009, 04:18 PM
 
Location: The cupboard under the sink
3,574 posts, read 4,035,805 times
Reputation: 6100
i'm going through exactly the same.

gone from,

very well paying, although stressful job.
looking seriously to emigrate in 18 months or so, even down to looking at houses, and learning the language,
engaged to the most wonderful woman.
even talking about possible children. (something i thought i'd never want to happen !)
enjoying life.
everything to live for.

to,

diagnosis of a congenital heart condition, possibly requiring transplant.
no job, for medical reasons, and maybe not much hope of getting another,
therefore, no money.
99% certainty i'm losing the woman, which will mean no wedding, no kids, and, therefore, 99% chance of no emigration.
lost touch with my son.
detesting life,
not much to live for.


all within 2 months or so.

reckon i've had some low points in my life to date, but, i hope like hell that this is rock bottom !! if there's worse out there, i don't wanna know.

so, in answer to your question, you're not the only one.

i'm just taking each day as it comes, trying to do one thing per day to make me smile.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-07-2009, 04:20 PM
 
Location: Eternal State of Confusion
7,290 posts, read 8,495,859 times
Reputation: 9422
I feel like everything in my life has fallen into place and I'm waiting for that hammer to drop big time.

I'm hoping things turn around for you and that this is just speed bump or minor detour.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-07-2009, 04:24 PM
 
Location: Tucson
42,844 posts, read 54,195,655 times
Reputation: 22786
Good for you! I'm starting to like that concept: "If you don't know what to do, it might be best to do nothing." All my life I've been struggling to make things happen and that approach hasn't been all that successful. Then again, it's not like I know (or could possibly know) what was going to happen had I not put effort into these things...

Here are some links on the subject:

Sometimes the hardest thing to do is to do nothing - by Kim Everett - Helium

Say Nothing, Do Nothing
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-07-2009, 04:39 PM
 
Location: Tucson
42,844 posts, read 54,195,655 times
Reputation: 22786
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobman View Post
i'm going through exactly the same.

gone from,

very well paying, although stressful job.
looking seriously to emigrate in 18 months or so, even down to looking at houses, and learning the language,
engaged to the most wonderful woman.
even talking about possible children. (something i thought i'd never want to happen !)
enjoying life.
everything to live for.

to,

diagnosis of a congenital heart condition, possibly requiring transplant.
no job, for medical reasons, and maybe not much hope of getting another,
therefore, no money.
99% certainty i'm losing the woman, which will mean no wedding, no kids, and, therefore, 99% chance of no emigration.
lost touch with my son.
detesting life,
not much to live for.


all within 2 months or so.

reckon i've had some low points in my life to date, but, i hope like hell that this is rock bottom !! if there's worse out there, i don't wanna know.

so, in answer to your question, you're not the only one.

i'm just taking each day as it comes, trying to do one thing per day to make me smile.
I'm having one of the worst years in my life as well, but yours is truly horrible... I'm sorry! Then again, let's remember the farmer story...

?You Never Know . . .? - Wellsphere

You never know when something is good luck or bad luck. For instance, a little over a month ago I was also diagnosed out of the blue with a disease (most likely will be chronic) that turned my life upside down. Even though I tried my damn best not to, I had to start taking a horrendous medication, which may not only alter the way I look forever, but has brought numerous people dozens of other diseases down the line. However, I found out that while taking it (or even having taken it ever, if I'm not mistaken) I cannot be subjected to vaccines. I for one believe the mandatory vaccines are coming to a theater near you real soon (heck, there are bills passed already in 2 states) and I'm really glad I have another excuse to not get them.

I wish good health and happiness to all of us!
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-07-2009, 04:52 PM
 
Location: The cupboard under the sink
3,574 posts, read 4,035,805 times
Reputation: 6100
yeah, lets hope the farmer's right !!
i suppose it's a blessing in disguise that i've no money, because it avoids the temptation of finding the answer in the bottom of a bottle.

what doesn't kill us makes us stronger, so they say !!

i tell you, i think i'm one of the fantastic four now !!

once read a philosophical piece (can't remember where ?) which talked about heaven, and hell.
their theory was (something like) that hell itself is life on earth, and, after we have served our penitence here, we can move on.

i could believe that !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
I'm having one of the worst years in my life as well, but yours is truly horrible... I'm sorry! Then again, let's remember the farmer story...

?You Never Know . . .? - Wellsphere

You never know when something is good luck or bad luck. For instance, a little over a month ago I was also diagnosed out of the blue with a disease (most likely will be chronic) that turned my life upside down. Even though I tried my damn best not to, I had to start taking a horrendous medication, which may not only alter the way I look forever, but has brought numerous people dozens of other diseases down the line. However, I found out that while taking it (or even having taken it ever, if I'm not mistaken) I cannot be subjected to vaccines. I for one believe the mandatory vaccines are coming to a theater near you real soon (heck, there are bills passed already in 2 states) and I'm really glad I have another excuse to not get them.

I wish good health and happiness to all of us!
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top