Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2009, 02:45 PM

84 posts, read 268,265 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCUBS1 View Post
For me, the answer is yes.... I can find pleasurable company with people who do not make my spouse feel insecure (as I said, there have only been a few). I do have a lot of attractive male friends (e.g. neighbors, coworkers) and there is no problem for my hubby. But I'm not really that physically attracted to other men.... I get all I need at home.
For the average person there are just not that many opportunities to meet and befriend people that are going to be as nice, interesting and stimulating as the three men I am talking about. So the option of moving on to other friends for companionship is not really an option. These other friends are kind of boring in comparison.

Also I did not say the attraction was mostly physical, instead it is just great personal chemistry. Almost like the best female friends many women have.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2009, 04:42 PM

5,751 posts, read 10,375,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainy Intellectual Type View Post
Also I did not say the attraction was mostly physical, instead it is just great personal chemistry. Almost like the best female friends many women have.
I understand having great-looking guys as friends. As I said, I have quite a few and my hubby is fine with it. I work in a male-dominated industry (engineering sales) and interact with attractive men every day from all over the world.... This statement from you made me think you were referring to something different....

Quote:
Nothing has happened so far and I do not expect it will, but I am tempted. You can tell the attraction is mutual..

Old 10-09-2009, 05:06 PM

754 posts, read 1,922,416 times
"I keep a close watch on this heart of mine
I keep my eyes wide open all the time
I keep the ends out for the tie that binds
Because you're mine, I walk the line"

Why tempt yourself. How would you feel watching your husband walk out the door. If I didn't want to lose my husband, I would put it in my head right now that "NOTHING IS going to happen" - not "probably" but NOTHING. Then, maybe they won't seem so attractive and interesting.

Old 10-09-2009, 06:20 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,643,017 times
Quote:
As a married woman I would be lying if I said there were not men I run into that were very attractive. I find a couple guys I know to be very attractive physically, mentally, personally and spiritually. I am just attracted to them. But I am happily married.

What should I do about my desire to be with these men and spend time with them. When I see them and talk the chemistry is so strong and I feel good. I feel like we could talk for hours. I feel just like I did when I was single and dating and found someone I thought would be Mr. Right.

Nothing has happened so far and I do not expect it will, but I am tempted. You can tell the attraction is mutual.

What have you done when you find someone you are so attracted to? Do you try to avoid them?
I really don't have these problems, but I would strongly advise you to stay the hell away. This is a tragedy waiting to happen.

Old 10-09-2009, 06:23 PM

6,777 posts, read 13,550,351 times
Quote:

But you said you were tempted and there was a mutual attraction? Don't fool yourself, it's NOT like having great female friends and it sounds like a disaster waiting to happen. Thrice

Old 10-09-2009, 06:51 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,707,267 times
Quote:
As a married woman I would be lying if I said there were not men I run into that were very attractive. I find a couple guys I know to be very attractive physically, mentally, personally and spiritually. I am just attracted to them. But I am happily married.

What should I do about my desire to be with these men and spend time with them. When I see them and talk the chemistry is so strong and I feel good. I feel like we could talk for hours. I feel just like I did when I was single and dating and found someone I thought would be Mr. Right.

Nothing has happened so far and I do not expect it will, but I am tempted. You can tell the attraction is mutual.

What have you done when you find someone you are so attracted to? Do you try to avoid them?

People who play with fire get burnt

Old 10-09-2009, 06:57 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,187,051 times
Quote:
Yep, avoid them. It's a simple way of avoiding a bad situation. Life is tough enough, imo, without the added bologna.

Old 10-09-2009, 07:02 PM

5,323 posts, read 6,099,823 times
Maybe marriage isnt for you...You say theyres 3 of these guys so you obviously get easily attracted to many people who are somewhat interesting and attractive maybe your just a nomad and need to be with allot of men...

Old 10-10-2009, 05:00 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,647,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
Maybe marriage isnt for you...You say theyres 3 of these guys so you obviously get easily attracted to many people who are somewhat interesting and attractive maybe your just a nomad and need to be with allot of men...
Eh, there's a difference between having a desire and acting on it. Surely--if they weren't--I would have killed someone by now.

Old 10-10-2009, 07:55 AM

4,253 posts, read 9,451,252 times
Quote:
Yes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships