Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2009, 06:17 PM

52,197 posts, read 52,629,348 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibraGirl123 View Post
My sister, an Orange County fashionista, buys Tommy Bahama (camp) shirts for her hubby on a regular basis. My issue with these shirts is that they go for $100+ a pop! Looks like your wife is saving you some money.
I looked awhile ago at the Tommy Bahama website. I was floored at the price of the shyt.

Quite silly really to spend that kind of green on shirts. It wouldn't break the bank for me, but I refuse on principle. Besides you could donate a little money once in a while to help out others. Not spend it on over priced crap.

Not to mention I'd feel like a sucker too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2009, 06:31 PM

2,625 posts, read 11,215,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTownNative View Post
Alright let me give a description of the type of clothes I wear. Im 5'8 140 pounds. I usually wear size 36 or 38 jeans. And I usually wear a XL or 2XL shirt. With basketball shoes and a New Era fitted cap which is usually size 7 and 5/8.
those pants are to damm big, you probably a "hip hopper" which is cool i am too, but theres certain times and places to dress like this, you should have some variation, i know i get more girls, when i wear clothes that are a lil more sophisticated and a lil more close fitting.

Old 10-09-2009, 07:37 PM

3,256 posts, read 8,899,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post

I personally really like those Tommy Bahama shirts as I think they are perfect "casual friday" wear. My wife refuses to let me purchase a single one because she says that they are style for older gentlemen. She says that when I get into my 60s and 70s she'll be okay with it, but not at all right now.
Everyone in Florida wears that style of shirts. Guess we're more laid back than CA. and I like it that way.

Old 10-09-2009, 08:24 PM

3,440 posts, read 8,037,773 times
Quote:
Alright let me give a description of the type of clothes I wear. Im 5'8 140 pounds. I usually wear size 36 or 38 jeans. And I usually wear a XL or 2XL shirt. With basketball shoes and a New Era fitted cap which is usually size 7 and 5/8.
Quote:
How important is the way someone dressed when you consider dating someone? I ask this mostly because it doesn't seem like girls are interested in me maybe because of my baggy clothes. They might assume Im a thug even though Im really a nice guy. So really what would be your take on this?

Clothing is REALLY important to women (so is how you smell) and, in a way, it should be important to yourself as far as developing YOUR OWN STYLE that fits you!

Nowadays it's kind of hard to have your own style because nobody makes there own clothes/alterations anymore. The girls all go to Wet Seal, Forever 21 and the guys just buy simple print T shirts, a hat, and some jeans and call it a day.

Anyhow, I have 3 types of styles, but the style that gets me the best attention and respect from all ranges of women is Stacy Adam shoes, slacks, and a nice crisp white dress shirt. I feel like a man and I'm treated like one when I step out the pad like that. Don't forget the cool water.

Moderator cut: image removed

Last edited by picmod; 01-10-2014 at 08:00 AM..

Old 10-10-2009, 07:27 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,134,340 times
Quote:
My sister, an Orange County fashionista, buys Tommy Bahama (camp) shirts for her hubby on a regular basis. My issue with these shirts is that they go for $100+ a pop! Looks like your wife is saving you some money.
Man, that's a lot of money to blow just to look like some sad refugee from a frat house.

Old 10-10-2009, 08:25 AM

3,256 posts, read 8,899,130 times
Quote:
That's why I love stores like Ross, TJ Maxx, and Marshalls.

Old 10-10-2009, 09:19 AM
miu

17,766 posts, read 40,152,606 times
It's very important to be yourself, but consider that in wearing such baggy clothing to the point that you think that you might be thought a thuggie, then you are always hurting your chances for being taken seriously at work or whatever career you are seeking. And I also believe that like people do best in long term relationships. If a woman likes to get dressed up, then she's going to be happiest with a man that compliments her clothing style. I am a casual dresser myself, and so is my boyfriend. I'm glad that I don't have to dress up all girlie and in high heels to make him happy when we go out.

Anyway, dress like a thug and expect to only attract girls that like thugs.

Old 10-10-2009, 10:05 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,134,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post

Anyway, dress like a thug and expect to only attract girls that like thugs.
Especially if you don't look the part.

Old 10-10-2009, 10:38 AM

37,591 posts, read 45,950,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I looked awhile ago at the Tommy Bahama website. I was floored at the price of the shyt.

Quite silly really to spend that kind of green on shirts. It wouldn't break the bank for me, but I refuse on principle. Besides you could donate a little money once in a while to help out others. Not spend it on over priced crap.

Not to mention I'd feel like a sucker too.
I kind of agree with you. I love the shirts. I love the Tommy Bahama look. My son just drooled in the store when we were there a few months ago. But the prices are just STOOPID.

That said, I have to admit I bought a summer sweater in there, I just couldn't leave w/o it.

Old 10-10-2009, 10:46 AM

37,591 posts, read 45,950,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphous01 View Post
the style that gets me the best attention and respect from all ranges of women is Stacy Adam shoes, slacks, and a nice crisp white dress shirt. I feel like a man and I'm treated like one when I step out the pad like that. Don't forget the cool water.

That would definitely get MY attention. I make no apologies for forming a first impression of someone, based on their appearance. Before I meet them, and learn more of them, that's all I have to go on. People that dress like a slob obviously don't care about how they look, nor do they care about what anyone else thinks. That's fine if that's what works for them. It simply does not work for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships