Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2009, 07:36 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,186,791 times

Advertisements

My aunt and I have this odd current or connection and she lives across the country from me. I remember one time she was puttering around in the kitchen and I was sitting in a chair just thinking about stuff and she turned to me and said, "What?" I said, "I didn't say anything" and she said, "you must have been thinking loud." and the truth is I was thinking loud it was loud in my head.

She and my Uncle were very much into the Beatles all their lives and they always turned me on to different music and stuff. (We're very close in age). I was painting my bedroom and a verse from "The Long and Winding Road" kicked into my head and I could not get it out of my head and it annoyed the hell out of me and I finally said to myself, and to a friend via email, "Suzanne is trying to tell me something." So, I called her...my Uncle (her husband) had just died.

Some people just have this electrical current they give off and are open to it and can sense things very strong. I could give you a thousand other examples of stuff I foresaw before they happened and I have dated emails to prove it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2009, 07:41 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,251,255 times
I agree with Chessie...I believe in instincts and if you feel it, trust it.

Old 10-10-2009, 07:47 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
My aunt and I have this odd current or connection and she lives across the country from me. I remember one time she was puttering around in the kitchen and I was sitting in a chair just thinking about stuff and she turned to me and said, "What?" I said, "I didn't say anything" and she said, "you must have been thinking loud." and the truth is I was thinking loud it was loud in my head.

Some people just have this electrical current they give off and are open to it and can sense things very strong. I could give you a thousand other examples of stuff I foresaw before they happened.
I'm a technical kind of guy, I have a technical job, I like to see paterns and cause things to happen in a repeatable kind of way. In other words very left brained and not some much into things that aren't "tangible"

That being said the last couple of yrs, I've been looking to spiritual things, trying to make sense of things.

I believe you completely, as I'm coming to a point in my life where I'm starting to open up to things that aren't as tangible. I do think that there is some kind of "energy", whatever we want to call it.

I'm also starting to understand why people talk about how their talents are really theirs, they channel that higher energy or power or flow. Not sure how to label it.

So yes, she was calling you and you heard her.

Old 10-10-2009, 07:51 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,186,791 times
Yeah, definitely get that book "The Gift of Fear" it will make more sense out of all of this.

Old 10-10-2009, 07:54 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,251,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
Yeah, definitely get that book "The Gift of Fear" it will make more sense out of all of this.
I have that book and it is amazing...

I think that teaching children good manners is very important but I never made my children hug people, or tell them things like "I love you", etc. to people they did not know well (there are parents who do this!!) because I was afraid I would strip them of their natural instinct or start to ignore their "warning signs" about situations and people...

Old 10-10-2009, 08:08 PM

1,057 posts, read 2,011,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
What is it about how sometimes, not very often, how you just don't like someone. For no real reason. I'm a pretty mellow guy, easy to get along with.

Is it some kind of psychic type of thing, something subliminal, subconscious. I saw this guy today at the grocery store and he just didn't seem right to me. He looked untrustworthy, maybe even dangerous.

Not fair, cause maybe he is just some average Joe and I'm assigning nefarious traits to the poor guy.
Blink: The Power of Thinking Without Thinking by Malcolm Gladwell addresses that very phenomenon - how we often make what seem like "snap judgements'" or baseless decisions. They're not baseless at all. Often some remnant of our early brain recognizes an element of threat and we interpret it as "that dude is shady but I can't put my finger on it".

So much goes on underneath the surface...well, for many of us....

Old 10-10-2009, 08:20 PM

12,940 posts, read 21,622,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellfire View Post
That's if the societal conditioning hasn't totally killed it off first...

We're taught from an early age to be "nice", not to think "bad thoughts" about anyone and to "love our neighbors"; these concepts work well in a utopia but not in our modern society. We need to de-condition ourselves - get rid of all the ingrained garbage that blocks our instincts and blurs our intuition. Only then can we achieve total harmony with nature and with each other.

Old 10-10-2009, 08:22 PM

9,912 posts, read 13,902,308 times
I came to understand quite a while ago that my brain and my body are both such complex systems that I will never fully understand everything about them.

When I come across someone or something that sets off an unusual reaction in me that I cannot explain logically within my immediate consciousness, I never ignore it. I just figure that a little button that I don't know much about inside my head has gone off for very valid reasons and I don't need to question it in the moment, just heed the warning and worry about the why once I'm safe.

Old 10-10-2009, 08:45 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,001,935 times
I don't trust anyone, so this doesn't work so well for me. I think everyone is up to something.

However, my dog has the instinct. I had a guy come to my door some years ago and I never answer the door, but I was expecting my brother at the same time, so I opened it. It was a guy with a clipboard who was selling something, but when I told him no he became very persistent. My dog was sitting next to me tucked behind the door and I could hear a low growl coming from her. I was surprised because she's such a sweet thing and loves everyone. I told the guy no one last time and went to close the door, but he put his hand up to stop it and I knew I was no match for his strength...so I let him push it open and he got to meet my puppy.

Old 10-10-2009, 08:52 PM

37,615 posts, read 45,996,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellfire View Post
Blink: The Power of Thinking Without Thinking by Malcolm Gladwell addresses that very phenomenon - how we often make what seem like "snap judgements'" or baseless decisions. They're not baseless at all. Often some remnant of our early brain recognizes an element of threat and we interpret it as "that dude is shady but I can't put my finger on it".

This is a great book - I have it. It's funny how we see so many posts here in this forum about how bad it is make snap judgements...but read this book and you'll never question that again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships