Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2009, 11:05 PM

2,115 posts, read 5,028,639 times

Advertisements

The easiest way to find out if a guy is gay is to hang out with him and have a gay male friend tag along. They can usually figure this stuff out. I think it's their foolproof gaydar.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2009, 11:14 PM

2,782 posts, read 4,164,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
Not foolproof. Guys who don't want to be caught are very good at hiding this. I never once in 23 years caught my husband looking at other men--not even furtively, and we had a several months long time in our marriage where there was little sex, so I was kind of watching him to see if he was checking out other men. Once we ended up on a nude beach by accident and he must have figured out a way to look--wait, I think he was walking in front of me the whole time. Also, I never saw men checking him out, like they might if they knew he was gay.
Nothing is fool proof stepka.
Your husband is the product of a society pressuring him to be a heterosexual male. One day maybe, stories like yours will end.

If I was a gay man who is in the closest, I would probably never show any obvious sign like in the OP suggests that I was gay.

Old 10-12-2009, 11:15 PM

2,782 posts, read 4,164,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mango tango View Post
The easiest way to find out if a guy is gay is to hang out with him and have a gay male friend tag along. They can usually figure this stuff out. I think it's their foolproof gaydar.
That's really uncanny how they can pick gay guys out from a crowd.

Old 10-13-2009, 05:52 PM

23,209 posts, read 29,018,601 times
Default Under surveillance, why would he dare to!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
Not foolproof. Guys who don't want to be caught are very good at hiding this. I never once in 23 years caught my husband looking at other men--not even furtively, and we had a several months long time in our marriage where there was little sex, so I was kind of watching him to see if he was checking out other men. Once we ended up on a nude beach by accident and he must have figured out a way to look--wait, I think he was walking in front of me the whole time. Also, I never saw men checking him out, like they might if they knew he was gay.
I'm so glad that you gain comfort from all this. You can live with someone for 50 years and there always be untold secrets, mysteries.

How do you account for his time away from you? Even for only a hour?

There are untold numbers of male massage therapists who thrive on giving massage to married men with happy endings, calling with a cell phone with a Blocked ID for additional secrecy, showering afterwards leaving no traces of the "crime" committed, and not even informing his wife/girlfriend he was getting a massage.

I would not overlook a husband/boyfriend who "loves" getting a massage as another factor in deciphering his sexual tastes. But many are so paranoid, they won't reveal to you whether they got one or not.

Old 10-13-2009, 06:02 PM

23,209 posts, read 29,018,601 times
Default Next Opening Thread, please!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Because it's just not common and socially acceptable. It simply does not happen. It's not a part of a straight-man's emotional make-up.
Now given men point out a handsome man in a crowd and they might be labeled Gay and women can point out an attrative woman, freely compliment them within earshot of their boyfriends/husbands is socially acceptable, let's now open a thread: How do you know if your girlfriend/wife is a lesbian?

I'm sure there would be any number of stereotypes presented.

Husband finds wife pointing out an attractive woman. Husband knows, with all the double standards present today, that this is common and socially acceptable. Doesn't make her a lesbian.

Let's see:

She desires to be a truck driver? She wants to go to a technical school to become an auto mechanic? She watches professional sports on TV? She wants to be a female Boxer? She hates to do housework and prefers to tinker in the garage with her car? She never gets a pedicure? Doesn't own a dress?

Old 10-13-2009, 11:36 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,134,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
She desires to be a truck driver? She wants to go to a technical school to become an auto mechanic? She watches professional sports on TV? She wants to be a female Boxer? She hates to do housework and prefers to tinker in the garage with her car? She never gets a pedicure? Doesn't own a dress?
Then she just MIGHT be/wanna be a dyke!

Old 10-14-2009, 06:45 AM

10,172 posts, read 20,773,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mango tango View Post
Not true, many of them are delusional and think that all men are potentially gay...whether a little or a lot...it stems from wishful thinking and over optimism. Just like the skanky girl who thinks all men want her, when in reality, most don't.

Old 10-14-2009, 06:48 AM

7,454 posts, read 13,422,144 times
skanky girl

skanky hot girl

Old 10-14-2009, 07:49 AM

1,776 posts, read 4,003,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
Not true, many of them are delusional and think that all men are potentially gay...whether a little or a lot...it stems from wishful thinking and over optimism. Just like the skanky girl who thinks all men want her, when in reality, most don't.
I was thinking that too....he'll probably say her dude is gay to try to get into his pants.

All this scheming and conninving isn't a good foundation for a trusting relationship.

Old 10-14-2009, 03:54 PM

10,364 posts, read 20,788,709 times
Got another funny. My husband always overreacted in a negative way when I wasn't interested in sex (?!) and for the first couple of months after our second daughter was born I told him that I had little desire due to the childbirth, breastfeeding, taking care of a toddler, and feeling fat and unattractive. I thought he'd understand, but instead he turned around and accused me of being a lesbian! And yeah, I check other women out--we love to see what other women are wearing, and how her boo&ies compare to my boo&ies, but I'm pretty sure he never caught me looking at a lady with lust. I don't think he caught me looking at the men either, lol.

I might mention that I never suggested that a man checking out another man means he's gay--I said that you won't necessarily catch a closet gay checking out other men. Big diff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships