Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2009, 10:51 PM

5,004 posts, read 7,839,110 times

Advertisements

I never made a move. Poor girl probably has no idea what to think now. Someone else eventually did. It's not that big a deal I guess. Certainly wont lose any sleep over it. I just rarely find myself genuinely attracted to someone beyond what they've got going for them physically.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2009, 10:54 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,575,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexianPatriot View Post
I never made a move. Poor girl probably has no idea what to think now. Someone else eventually did. It's not that big a deal I guess. Certainly wont lose any sleep over it. I just rarely find myself genuinely attracted to someone beyond what they've got going for them physically.
Wow! Thats kinda "shallow", don`t ya` think?

Old 10-11-2009, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
Wow! Thats kinda "shallow", don`t ya` think?
Is it? Pretty girls are a dime a dozen. Sweet pretty girls with something going on upstairs are few and far between.

Old 10-11-2009, 11:02 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,575,025 times
Quote:
Is it? Pretty girls are a dime a dozen. Sweet pretty girls with something going on upstairs are few and far between.
I didn`t know that you required an IQ test?

Old 10-11-2009, 11:05 PM

42,831 posts, read 87,908,270 times
I got blisters from repeating that - people your age are supposed to have fun, not have too much going on upstairs! Get used to it or find a willing "auntie" to entertain your upper head!

Old 10-11-2009, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
I didn`t know that you required an IQ test?
It's not about what they scored on their SAT as much as it is to have dreams, desires, ambitions, and a sense of direction/purpose. So many people just coast through life. I'm not saying she had these things. Our chats by the fire never really got that far. She had something though that I can't quite put my finger on.

EDIT: back to the title of the thread. why the hell would someone deliberately shoot themselves in the foot by doing nothing, or even worse, being distant.

Last edited by Philosophizer; 10-11-2009 at 11:34 PM..

Old 10-12-2009, 03:24 PM

5,356 posts, read 18,483,523 times
Quote:
It's not about what they scored on their SAT as much as it is to have dreams, desires, ambitions, and a sense of direction/purpose. So many people just coast through life. I'm not saying she had these things. Our chats by the fire never really got that far. She had something though that I can't quite put my finger on.

EDIT: back to the title of the thread. why the hell would someone deliberately shoot themselves in the foot by doing nothing, or even worse, being distant.
I'm guessing she's just as uncertain about how far to take the relationship as you are or she's not certain about your intentions so chooses the do nothing option so as to not screw it up.

Old 10-12-2009, 03:30 PM

2,976 posts, read 13,334,213 times
Okay, the giveaway was "SAT" - so you must be around 16 or 17? As you grow up and mature (this can come late or never for some) you will realize that in order to be happy, you will need more than a blow up barbie doll.

Old 10-12-2009, 03:56 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,597,003 times
Quote:
jesus, you sound like I did in college. Beautiful women everywhere and I was disappointed that they weren't interested in the obscure things I was.

quit thinking you're some kind of honorable intellectual who is 'above the fray,' and go out there and have some fun while the gettin is good. College is the best time to make a total ass of yourself, and there's nothing as valuable as experience.

Old 10-12-2009, 04:59 PM

I reckon there's a few of yall that can't read none to well. For everyone that's been on point however, I appreciate the advice. I'm a red blooded man. I enjoy watching football (particularly my Texas Tech Red Raiders), hunting, and the outdoors in general. I'm certainly not some intellectual weenie. I just appreciate the finer things in life too. You know, some Vivaldi on a Sunday morning, or a fine home cooked meal with a nice bottle of wine.

I've been out and continue to booze it up the way college kids are supposed to each weekend. Heck, it's how I pay the rent. It's just that I've been doing the same thing since my sophmore year of high school apart from a stretch of my senior year (when I had a decent substitute). Screw it. Coming back to explore the same old crap with a bunch of strangers was a stupid move. Buh Bye now
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships