Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2007, 04:24 PM

32,606 posts, read 77,321,639 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by leavingcali View Post
I think you're a cutie pie, but I'm a woman.
Awww...shucks!

Quote:
As far as gaining weight is concerned, why don't you just scale the running down a little bit and start working out with weights? That will help build some mass, but you will still be very healthy.
That's actually on my new fitness schedule. I hope to run 7 miles per day, swim 1,000 laps per day, do 1,000 ab crunches on my AbLounge per day, and spend a half-hour per day on my Total Gym. This will probably be done every other day actually so that I don't overwork myself.

Quote:
Also, one of my best friends is a gay male in San Diego (you guys kind of look a like--freckles, reddish hair, in shape, attractive), anyway, he meets men all of the time becasue he is in a very gay friendly, large city. Plus, he has lots of gay friends and goes out a lot. If that isn't your scene (going out a lot and moving), I really think an online dating service might be a great idea. A lot of people I know have used them with great success.
I am in the going out a lot and meeting new people type of scene, but I can't exactly say "Mom, dad, I'm going to the gay night club down the road. I'll be home by 1 AM." I actually made a connection once at Barnes & Noble with a professional business owner in his mid-20s, but then I found out he lived in New Jersey (as do most of the great catches I meet). I'm actually trying the online dating service route right now.

Quote:
You seem like a great catch to me too. Not getting dates doesn't mean you're not wonderful and attractive. It just means you are having some alone time--I've been there, and yes, it does get very lonely. It seems like when you are looking for someone, there isn't anyone, and when you just want to date and have fun--the ONE shows up. Just keep your head up, and try the online dating service. I know it used to have a stigma attached to it, but it just doesn't anymore (at least in CA).
Thanks. For me it's just frustrating because I'm constantly immersed with happy couples (my friends are getting engaged, customers at Lowe's are often making out or holding hands in front of me, I'm often the "eleventh wheel" when my group of friends hangs out, etc.) It just feels like the world is saying "You're a freak."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2007, 04:26 PM

32,606 posts, read 77,321,639 times
Quote:
Johnny Depp---his whole deep, kind of dark persona is soooo sexy.
I hear ya there. I actually have a quirky sort of personality like him, and I think I could do a decent job of mimicking him.

Old 05-07-2007, 04:32 PM

788 posts, read 4,060,297 times
"I hope to run 7 miles per day, swim 1,000 laps per day, do 1,000 ab crunches on my AbLounge per day, and spend a half-hour per day on my Total Gym. This will probably be done every other day actually so that I don't overwork myself"

That's why you have such an amazing metabolism (which I am so jealous about by the way)! You work out like crazy. Runners' bodies are always really lean and slim. Would you consider cutting the cardio (running and swimming is what I am labeling as cardio) down by half, and then doing the total gym about 45 mins. every other day? I think that would help you achieve the look I think you want (healthy, in shape, muscles, without being skinny or overweight--a toned meatiness?

Old 05-07-2007, 05:30 PM

489 posts, read 2,009,679 times
Good to see you, SWB - - I understand the running hobby and habit. At this point in time, you probably need it to keep yourself sane. Those endorphins are addictive! Ever watch "Nip/Tuck"? Think Dr. Christian Troy. Now that is a fine specimen of a man! LOLOLOL Very sexy (and I have that on authority of a gay man that I've had many conversations with - - it is something we consistently agree on). Also, your love of animals. . . how about volunteering at an animal shelter or something along those lines to meet others with similar interests? How about finding or starting a Running Club, Book Club, and so on . . . you know where I'm going with this. (Sorry if you already do this; I haven't read all of your posts.) Good luck! And again, it is nice to see you on the CD Forum.

Old 05-07-2007, 05:42 PM

5,453 posts, read 8,201,625 times
What's wrong with the "bad boy look"? Ever see the guys on Lost? Grow your hair longer and get a more modern look to your dress. Glad you are trying the online dating, I have heard about more than one person who has met their SO that way.

Does not matter what your preference is, all people go through their down time! My daughter is having that problem right now, and poor thing I can't say enough to boost her confidence (besides that fact that she is totally beautiful inside and out).

Old 05-07-2007, 06:28 PM

1 posts, read 1,640 times
My honest answer: Look at how you're coming on to people. You are taking some initiative, right? It is easy to send the wrong message or act disinterested.

Otherwise I don't see why you'd have a problem. You seem like a good catch. I am gay too, but I'm having the opposite problem. Every guy I meet has been falling all over me for some reason. Problem is, I'm not in to any of them. There have been a few good catches, too! But I'm looking for a personality, a "click" that I'm just not finding. Could it be that at some level I just want to be single right now? Dunno. I actually feel more lonely when times are like this.

Old 05-07-2007, 07:40 PM

2,834 posts, read 10,735,588 times
Ok, a little off topic, but Paul, 1000 laps at 45 seconds a lap is 12 1/2 hours.

But hey, I have a pretty, attractive, straight 19 yr old daughter and she hasn't really ever had a boyfriend for longer than a month. I Think it is the age.
Plus, you are so beyond your years in intelligence, that even if you were the most gorgeous straight, muscular guy in the world, it would be hard to find someone your age who was a good match for your intellect, goals, and outlook on life.
I truly beleive the person who does find you Paul, is a lucky person! You have a lot to offer already, and that will atract more than any looks will.

Old 05-07-2007, 08:17 PM

1,697 posts, read 3,472,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrantonWilkesBarre View Post
As for the weight, I think I must have a medical condition related to an obscenely-high metabolic rate. I can sit down and eat half a cheesecake and not gain an ounce, which is really irritating!
From personal experience, that "medical condition" is called being in your 20s. Try doing it when you're in your middle 30s, and I bet that "condition" will be nothing but a memory

Old 05-07-2007, 08:21 PM

8,189 posts, read 31,162,347 times
Dude, you are seriously cute.

Maybe if you just relax and quit worrying about it? They say you find love where you least expect it.......

Old 05-07-2007, 08:28 PM

282 posts, read 1,261,417 times
SWB~

You are a definite hottie!

Sounds like you're trying too hard. If you are in real life anything like you are here, you have a great aura. You seem very friendly and pretty outgoing. You'll meet that special someone, but don't push it. Otherwise you might just find yourself 'settling' instead of finding what you truly want. I know you were probably kidding, but just incase.....don't try to emulate anyone else. If you do, then you have to be that person for the duration. Just be you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships