U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2009, 12:00 PM

11,416 posts, read 11,371,752 times

Advertisements

If you are having financial difficulties now why not just advertise for a room mate. Im sure there are others out there that are having difficulties also. You would have financial assistance and companionship.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2009, 12:02 PM

12,660 posts, read 8,424,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingfoot View Post
Every young male should be made to read this in order to understand the devious nature of the feminine psyche,save the 10-15% who fall into the "good women" category.
Hi Wingfoot,

Every young man should work and establish financial stability OR develop domestic skills to make up for the wife working. Unfortunately many men are not good at the ladder of them so I would beef up on the former if you are one of these. I think its reasonable for women to expect any combination.

Right now, my wife is turning into a beech ball. She already runs after a toddler. I think she has an argument to expect that I keep us out of foreclosure.

As for the women who married the studs without a plan you need to offer a lot to the man that is going to clean up your mess or you are going to have to lower your standards and hold a cold sweaty hand. Why not try for a stud with a plan in the beginning? Isn't a good man some combination of both?

Old 10-13-2009, 12:40 PM

3,077 posts, read 2,167,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
If you are having financial difficulties now why not just advertise for a room mate. Im sure there are others out there that are having difficulties also. You would have financial assistance and companionship.
That's not going to help her get decent health insurance. If she's got a pre-existing condition, and insurance runs out she is screwed. I know one person, and have heard of others, who marry for health insurance.

Old 10-13-2009, 12:53 PM

11,416 posts, read 11,371,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
That's not going to help her get decent health insurance. If she's got a pre-existing condition, and insurance runs out she is screwed. I know one person, and have heard of others, who marry for health insurance.
Pay for a private policy with the rent money. Cobra or gov. assisted healthcare will insure coverage with a pre existing.

Old 10-13-2009, 01:03 PM

2,919 posts, read 7,316,145 times
I like the idea of older women having other older women as room mates. My mother and I did this and it was great.

You don't have to put up with tools on the kitchen counter, stacks of laundry not put away, and cases of beer taking up all the room in the refrigerator.

What you get are other females who likely have been through similar experiences as you have, room mates who also like a clean peaceful nest, and someone you can talk to who will be supportive, empathetic, and encouraging.

A good alternative to compromising either your happiness or values.

Old 10-13-2009, 03:50 PM

12,660 posts, read 8,424,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgoldie View Post
I like the idea of older women having other older women as room mates. My mother and I did this and it was great.

You don't have to put up with tools on the kitchen counter, stacks of laundry not put away, and cases of beer taking up all the room in the refrigerator.

What you get are other females who likely have been through similar experiences as you have, room mates who also like a clean peaceful nest, and someone you can talk to who will be supportive, empathetic, and encouraging.

A good alternative to compromising either your happiness or values.
Hi Sgoldie,

Women must change when they get older because in college I knew many women who wanted to run their roommates through a wood chipper.

Old 10-13-2009, 05:30 PM

2,919 posts, read 7,316,145 times
If you're smart you don't pick those.

Old 10-13-2009, 05:39 PM

25,198 posts, read 19,011,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asitshouldbe View Post
Don't do it! I did and have regretted it for 15 years. I married for security, not love and I feel like my "life" was sucked right out of me.
Exactly why I posted the Eagles video.

Old 10-13-2009, 06:02 PM

2,495 posts, read 2,498,296 times
What exactly are you gonna bring to the table other then havign a hand out??

And no offense but men with $$ will go for the hot Young golddiggers over the older ones

I never understood people who value money over love..I can see if you were homeless and found a rich man to drag you out of poverty but to rather have money and be with somebody you may not even like over being in love and living an avergae life boggles my mind..

Old 10-14-2009, 02:03 AM

11,661 posts, read 9,947,678 times
I can certainly understand the attraction, during these extremely hard times, to finding someone who will provide you with some much-needed security.

But, on the other hand, there's the horrors, the job of being depending on someone. And, believe me, it would be a 24-hour job, rather than putting in a 40-hour work week, trying to continually please someone you're dependent on.

And given the insecurity of the times, the one you choose for financial security could lose his job tomorrow, lose his financial security. And then what?

Perhaps it lasted a couple years, your vacation from financial insecurity, and then if your partner loses his financial security, there'll be two years left blank on your resume if you're forced to rely on yourself again.

I had a grand opportunity once to fall into that dependency role. Sure was tempting, until I heard from one of his friends that one New Year's Eve he drives home, garage door opens, and there's his partner sitting dead behind the wheel of a red Chrysler convertible he had bought him for Xmas, feeling guilty because he was a knock-down-drag-out workaholic, expecting materialism would substitute for all the time spent away at work 7 days a week.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships