Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2009, 11:07 AM

4,533 posts, read 8,337,620 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
Walking stick
I think you were making a little funny here, but if he's into hiking, that is a great idea. Hiking sticks can be found at your local outdoor store.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2009, 11:09 AM

11,169 posts, read 10,648,581 times
Ok, a bit about him and how he is:

-MEGA wicked sense of humor. He is a huuuuuge romantic. Absolutely loves being showered with emotion - huge on sentiments and symbolism. Because of this, I think something handmade would mean so much to him.
- He lives in the southwest -spends so very little time there. Is either at one of the resorts he owns (both in and out of the US) for business or is at my place staying by me.
- Food is hard for him because he had a gastric bypass a few short months ago and he eats like a bird and some foods still make him sick - especially if he eats too much of it. I am making colorful Jello/Whipped cream layered treats instead of cake for him, since his system is still adjusting to the surgery.
- He really has no time for extracurricular activities really but does like fishing and golf, but it's been a while due to his schedule. Business {and me} soak up all his time and energy really.
- No idea if he will use the keyboard, but it's a toy he doesn't yet have.

The frame idea is really good with heartfelt words and a picture of us. That's sweet. Something he could travel with too.

Old 10-15-2009, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAtheBanker View Post
Give him...uh, some *oral* support. Come on...what guy wouldn't like that for his birthday?

I totally joking. Or am I?
I have everything in that arena all covered.

Old 10-15-2009, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepGirl118 View Post
Ok, a bit about him and how he is:

-MEGA wicked sense of humor. He is a huuuuuge romantic. Absolutely loves being showered with emotion - huge on sentiments and symbolism. Because of this, I think something handmade would mean so much to him.
- He lives in the southwest -spends so very little time there. Is either at one of the resorts he owns (both in and out of the US) for business or is at my place staying by me.
- Food is hard for him because he had a gastric bypass a few short months ago and he eats like a bird and some foods still make him sick - especially if he eats too much of it. I am making colorful Jello/Whipped cream layered treats instead of cake for him, since his system is still adjusting to the surgery.
- He really has no time for extracurricular activities really but does like fishing and golf, but it's been a while due to his schedule. Business {and me} soak up all his time and energy really.
- No idea if he will use the keyboard, but it's a toy he doesn't yet have.

The frame idea is really good with heartfelt words and a picture of us. That's sweet. Something he could travel with too.
Ok, this helps a lot. The handmade item or the frame is the way to go.

Old 10-15-2009, 11:15 AM

3,849 posts, read 9,420,851 times
Quote:
Good work, Jeepers!

The photo frame is a great idea. My brother gave each of us siblings one of those a few years ago, and we can all upload pictures on each others. Before my mom had a computer that was the only way she could see new pics of the grandkids. It's a very personalized gift. You could also set up his family to upload pics on it, then it will be extra special for him.

Old 10-15-2009, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Good work, Jeepers!

The photo frame is a great idea. My brother gave each of us siblings one of those a few years ago, and we can all upload pictures on each others. Before my mom had a computer that was the only way she could see new pics of the grandkids. It's a very personalized gift. You could also set up his family to upload pics on it, then it will be extra special for him.
She could even get a separate memory card for her swimsuit edition to him.

Old 10-15-2009, 11:20 AM

3,849 posts, read 9,420,851 times
The best time I EVER had with a guy was when we went to a live Jeff Dunham show. Are you near any of these locations?
Jeff Dunham tickets, dates. Official Ticketmaster site.
His live show is beyond anything I've ever seen. You two would have a GREAT time! Surprise him with some tickets

Old 10-15-2009, 11:58 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,708,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebobs View Post
I think you were making a little funny here, but if he's into hiking, that is a great idea. Hiking sticks can be found at your local outdoor store.
Yes, I'm the only member on the forum who's been given clearance at the top level to make RCM58 jokes and not get run over by a jeep

She can really get him a walking stick and if he has a sense of humour, it's a good laugh.

Old 10-15-2009, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Ok, this helps a lot. The handmade item or the frame is the way to go.
I'm going to head over to Target for a frame and then Michael's to get something to make it nice in a short bit!

Quote:
Good work, Jeepers!
You guys did all the good work, thank YOU!

Quote:
She could even get a separate memory card for her swimsuit edition to him.
Christmas.

Quote:
The best time I EVER had with a guy was when we went to a live Jeff Dunham show. Are you near any of these locations?
Jeff Dunham tickets, dates. Official Ticketmaster site.
His live show is beyond anything I've ever seen. You two would have a GREAT time! Surprise him with some tickets
Who is Jeff Dunham?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
She can really get him a walking stick and if he has a sense of humour, it's a good laugh.
We've made cracks, OK, *I've* made jokey-joke cracks about his turning 63 which made him laugh pretty good. Ok, so good - as in infernally, lol - and he told me that I am in deep "doo doo" this weekend. Paybacks!

So to make what I am going to get in retaliation worth it - how about a nice pack of absorbent Depends???

Old 10-15-2009, 01:50 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,943,603 times
Quote:

Why? You don't like what you see?

Ooooh....COVERED! Gotcha!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships