Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2007, 08:35 AM

673 posts, read 4,068,684 times

Advertisements

I was wondering if people are ever attracted to you when ever you go out, do you ever gets looks that suggest some people want to get to know you more? Does any one here have fortunate enough to have tons of people coming up to them (I wish I was in that situation) when they go out to a bar or place with alot of single's because they percieve you as being very attractive?

With me, it all depends. When I have been running alot I never get looks because I dont care the least bit about fashion when I am running and it shows.

I guess sometimes I get glances from women or sometimes occasionally (not as much as some men) they will sit right next to me when I am one of the few people in the coffee shop when I go out. I guess I am more middle-of the road on the number of women who glance at me out and about who I feel might be attracted to me but then again I would consider myself very middle-of the road on looks so it all probubly makes sense

Too bad its never a guy though, being that I am gay. I guess alot of it is though that I am dont fit the gay stereotype though. Even in Denver in the gayborhood or in gay establishments for some reason people think I am straight.

Also, being gay with my looks it would probubly be easier if I was straight because more women seem to glance at me then men.

Oh well, thats just how I percieve the situation as being when I go out?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2007, 11:26 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,025,535 times
Yes, I believe I am attractive to a lot of people, but that's because I make it a point to be attractive. I work out every day - weekends included. I also take meticulous care of my teeth, hair, skin and nails. Because I compete in ballroom, it's just a given that you are going to take care of yourself and be noticed. However, I don't think I'm "all that" without my makeup on, but today after I got out of the gym and had to run some errands, I had a young guy hit on me, which was really flattering. Also embarrassing because I was all sweaty and stuff so I must have been kicking up a rich, full-bodied scent! LOL

Old 05-08-2007, 03:44 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,500,581 times
No! am too old and ugly.

Old 05-08-2007, 04:13 PM

3,176 posts, read 14,696,911 times
I used to be looked at all the time - now I have kids

I still look good "underneath" but I'm tired and frumpy now

I get "looks" when I dress up and go out

Old 05-08-2007, 05:00 PM

23,011 posts, read 34,370,036 times
Of course, that's why I never leave the house, have to beat'm off with stick

Old 05-08-2007, 07:32 PM

3,413 posts, read 8,835,057 times
They are definitely attracted.........but in most cases it's not mutual. I joke with my friends that I must have some kind of magnetic field that attracts every down on his luck guy within a 20 mile vicinity.

Old 05-08-2007, 09:14 PM

292 posts, read 993,336 times
MattDen,

No one has ever come up to me stuck out their hand and said something like "I'm Eric Stratton, damn glad to meet you." However I'll go and talk to somone if I'm interested in meeting them. Therefore by talking to them they become attracted to me.

I don't know if this works with gays but it should not hurt to try.

Old 05-08-2007, 09:19 PM

292 posts, read 993,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate girl View Post
They are definitely attracted.........but in most cases it's not mutual. I joke with my friends that I must have some kind of magnetic field that attracts every down on his luck guy within a 20 mile vicinity.
Hey pirate girl!
Can you lend me $50? You know just till I get paid. Probably, like maybe, till you know, the end of next week? Really I'll pay you back. Honestly! I'm good for it. Come on you know me, after all I'm on the internet.
-zorst

Old 05-08-2007, 09:26 PM

2,267 posts, read 3,295,611 times
I have not wanted to get involved...so I have gone out of my way to NOT attract attention, not make eye contact etc. The problem is my Texas background, I am pretty friendly with strangers...I just try to make sure that men don't get the idea I am hitting on them.

I have even at times worn my old wedding band to keep from being classified as a single woman in situations like you mention.

One time I went in the Disney story with my daughter...I let my guard down and was talking to a man in the store and he asked me out...

Old 05-08-2007, 09:35 PM

28 posts, read 102,931 times
i love eye contact and love flirting as well as being flirted with...its a jousting thing and fun!!!i do think some people take it too far and use it for manipulative reasons...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships