U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2007, 12:53 PM

784 posts, read 3,210,244 times

Advertisements

I always hear about men who "work the field", and are having sexual and romantic relationships with many women at the same time, but I have never met anyone like that myself. I am talking about the type of person who has a very active love and social life and has one of those little black books. He or she may have sexual or romantic relationships with a dozen women a month. I always wondered if someone like that was having as good of time as the stereotype.

Is this or has it been you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2007, 01:05 PM

549 posts, read 1,682,703 times
If they guy has not asked me to be his girlfriend then he can't expect me to be sitting patiently for him to make up his mind. Not fair to me. I know that most men date other chickies. One reason why I don't like to sleep around since there are so many std's. However when they confront me for going to dinner with another boy they are none to thrilled and I'm like "Where's my ring! We are not even dating so don't get posssive or jelous on me! since I'm not controling you". That is usually the wake-up call for them and realize they are putting me through the old double standard. When I have a boyfriend I'm strictly focused on them, my dont have the urge to cheat.

Old 05-08-2007, 01:09 PM

2,267 posts, read 372,705 times
I didn't have a black book full but I did date two men at the same time for awhile...they both knew I was dating the other, there were no secrets. I had not planned it that way however.

A friend set me up for an upcoming holiday weekend to date an old classmate of hers, before that actual holiday came up, I met someone who lived in the same apartment complex I did. I dated them both for awhile until I made up my mind between them.

It was kind of nerve wracking because both men were bothered by the fact I was seeing the two of them at the same time and I hated upsetting them...I was later to find out that the one I choose had no problem doing it too me when we were in a committed relationship...

Old 05-08-2007, 01:24 PM

15,237 posts, read 25,490,057 times
Yes, absolutely! When I was single I dated a LOT of guys at the same time. I didn't sleep with all of them though. I didn't have a black book because I could keep track of all my guys in my head. I am once again looking forward to my singlenesss.

Old 05-08-2007, 01:48 PM

3,177 posts, read 10,195,352 times
I can't say I had a little black book - but I did juggle four men at once - and I did that often

When you internet date men come out of the woodwork - and I'd have dates all week long

It was so much FUN!!!!! I loved the attention.

Old 05-08-2007, 01:58 PM

784 posts, read 3,210,244 times
Those of you who were dating numerous men or women at the same time, did you feel anything emotional during the romance or just sexual desire. I never have been romantic with anyone I did not love.

Old 05-08-2007, 02:04 PM

15,237 posts, read 25,490,057 times
Obviously I felt something for one of them because I married him! But I won't deny there were sexual attractions to some of these men. What can I say, I'm human.

Old 05-08-2007, 02:07 PM

989 posts, read 2,300,052 times
I have never had a harem of women to service. I wish I had but I was never that lucky!! Now that I am married it will never happen. Never cheated, never will.

Old 05-08-2007, 02:17 PM

3,177 posts, read 10,195,352 times
All the men I dated knew I was dating others - I was always upfront. If they asked me to be committed I assessed the situation. Of course I married one!

BUt some were just to hang out with and have fun! Lots were for the "in bed" kind of fun, and some just wanted like a dance partner - or a person to go to the Opera, Ballet etc with.

I'd have to say most of them were nice guys - I didn't do online dating just to hook up - so they weren't sleaze balls.

PS - and although I know there is a great connection with being sexual and in love, I'd have to say the best sex I've ever had was one night stands

Old 05-09-2007, 01:38 AM

1,007 posts, read 235,019 times
Never been a player, but have known many women & men who were, especially when they were in their 20's. They all seemed very unhappy to me at the time & seemed to have had major relationship problems later, when they were looking for a relationship.

Dingler, are you compiling info for a book?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships