Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2009, 02:01 PM

440 posts, read 1,027,455 times

Advertisements

then why stay????? I mean besides financial issues and children being involved, but really if your dating someone and don't trust them, or whatever the problem may be...WHY stay with them?? Are so many people so weak that they can't stand up and leave a relationship for a happier life? I understand it is very hard to leave a relationship bc he/she could be the one that got away...but when your miserable why worry about one day? If you based every single decision on "one day" or "what-if" then you'll always be miserable.
I've recently taken a whole new outlook on life, just a personal decision, but I'm staying positive and I'm in this life for me and if people want to join my happy life then fabulous, if things don't work out well there is ALWAYS tomorrow!
What is it about being in a relationship that makes you so miserable that you want to stay??? Again besides the obvious like financial issues and children and such things. I'm talking people who haven't been together more then a couple years and things aren't that great in the relationship...what makes you stay in the relationship???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2009, 02:02 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,352,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ablees8951 View Post
then why stay????? I mean besides financial issues and children being involved, but really if your dating someone and don't trust them, or whatever the problem may be...WHY stay with them?? Are so many people so weak that they can't stand up and leave a relationship for a happier life? I understand it is very hard to leave a relationship bc he/she could be the one that got away...but when your miserable why worry about one day? If you based every single decision on "one day" or "what-if" then you'll always be miserable.
I've recently taken a whole new outlook on life, just a personal decision, but I'm staying positive and I'm in this life for me and if people want to join my happy life then fabulous, if things don't work out well there is ALWAYS tomorrow!
What is it about being in a relationship that makes you so miserable that you want to stay??? Again besides the obvious like financial issues and children and such things. I'm talking people who haven't been together more then a couple years and things aren't that great in the relationship...what makes you stay in the relationship???

It's the fear of the unknown and of simply being alone that seems to drive many to stay when they should clearly go.

Old 10-20-2009, 02:03 PM

748 posts, read 1,310,335 times
I've asked myself this questions many times... specially when people stay in abusive relationships... why would you put yourself and your children (if there are any) through such hell?

Old 10-20-2009, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
It's the fear of the unknown and of simply being alone that seems to drive many to stay when they should clearly go.
I feel like if people just took that leap of faith in themselves so many people would be so much happier...its ashame!

Old 10-20-2009, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by valeeighty2 View Post
I've asked myself this questions many times... specially when people stay in abusive relationships... why would you put yourself and your children (if there are any) through such hell?
Exactly! At what point do you feel so worthless (for lack of better words) that you let your life becoming such a horror film?

Old 10-20-2009, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Exactly! At what point do you feel so worthless (for lack of better words) that you let your life becoming such a horror film?
Or a telenovela!!! lol...

Old 10-20-2009, 02:14 PM

37,048 posts, read 41,993,490 times
I wouldn't stay one minute with someone I was dating and unhappy with. A marriage (especially with kids) would be worth putting the effort into...but not abuse, that's over the line. Just "not being happy" is no reason to bail on a marriage, you need to first figure out why, and then how to address it, because something is going to keep cropping up in every relationship you have. Most marriages end because one person isn't happy with themself, and the easiest thing to do is blame the spouse.

Old 10-20-2009, 02:22 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,882,845 times
Quote:
I made a vow in front of over 200 people and God that I would remain with this woman. I know, I know, if it's bad leave.

I love my son dearly as most of you know and I would like to have a great share in raising him the best I can. After he is out on his own I have the plan to leave. I guess right now I am just making it work to see my son.

Old 10-20-2009, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
I made a vow in front of over 200 people and God that I would remain with this woman. I know, I know, if it's bad leave.

I love my son dearly as most of you know and I would like to have a great share in raising him the best I can. After he is out on his own I have the plan to leave. I guess right now I am just making it work to see my son.

Thats understandable!

Old 10-20-2009, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post

I understand where you are coming from, I do... but have you thought about what your son is going through? I do not mean to offend you in any way, nor do I know what kind of relationship you have, or what is it that you are going through.

But coming from a broken home, my father stayed with my mother because of us kids, and we suffered a great deal. In the end I would have much preferred my father taken us away from that witch when he had the chance instead of making us share the hell!!! just MHO...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships