Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2009, 07:07 AM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,016,245 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
The weather to break in November? That's when snow and ice come in and turn to slush. And cold north winds begin to howl. And you don't go out when it rains?
When the snow and slush and frigid air starts to happen I will be going to the bookstore on the way home from work because it will be more people inside. Kind of like a relaxed club
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2009, 07:19 AM

37,617 posts, read 45,996,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
When the snow and slush and frigid air starts to happen I will be going to the bookstore on the way home from work because it will be more people inside. Kind of like a relaxed club
I've always thought bookstores would be a great place to meet people, though I've never met anyone there. And in the winter, yeah...definitely a good place to hang. I could stay in Barnes and Noble for 3 hours...without even trying.

Old 10-24-2009, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Job and Health is fine, my dating life is something that has fell in the past year. I need to go on a date before Jan 1 because I wll dive of the Benjamin Franklin Bridge if I go an entire year without going on a date.
I went for at least five years. You are far younger than me. You will survive.

Old 10-24-2009, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
I went for at least five years. You are far younger than me. You will survive.

I just don't think I could live with not going on one date in a entire year. That would make dating history for me and would feel like I'm 15 all over again.

Old 10-24-2009, 07:43 AM

Quote:
I just don't think I could live with not going on one date in a entire year. That would make dating history for me and would feel like I'm 15 all over again.
You have a long life in front of you (hopefully). Don't get hung up on such insignificant details THIS early. Going a year w/o a date is, quite frankly, common. So get that foolishness out of your head.

Old 10-24-2009, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
You have a long life in front of you (hopefully). Don't get hung up on such insignificant details THIS early. Going a year w/o a date is, quite frankly, common. So get that foolishness out of your head.
Well It all starts now, I want to go on 3 dates maybe 4 before 2010 and my first goal is to go on a date before Thanksgiving.

Old 10-24-2009, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Well It all starts now, I want to go on 3 dates maybe 4 before 2010 and my first goal is to go on a date before Thanksgiving.
I think you're going about it all wrong. You just need to concentrate on getting OUT there and finding the best environments where you can hang and perhaps start chatting up some gals. The dates will come, but the when and how many shouldn't be a milestone goal.

Old 10-24-2009, 12:25 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
Quote:
You know how to read?...Wow....yeah go Solomon!!!!

Old 10-24-2009, 12:28 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
Quote:
And these ladies are all from your net dating sites..plentyoffish..match.com..eharmony..club4men ...oops not that one.

Old 10-24-2009, 12:35 PM

5,024 posts, read 8,894,428 times
Quote:
Then if you get any responses to any feelers you put out there, go out on a date. Regardless of the weather, regardless of any personal flaws your date may have. Don't be so rigid in your standards of dating "regulations." Remember, it's a date. You are not engaged. It's merely a date. You're interacting with real, live people. You are not committing for life. You are doing something nice for yourself. You're finding out about women and what you can and cannot live with.

I went on plenty of dates that later I wished I hadn't. But they all made me wiser in the long run! So you are NOT alone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships