Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2009, 08:29 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,645,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Oh man. I did a whole thread about this a while back. An ex BF of mine had huge hangups about this. Really annoyed him for me to walk around in the buff. We took exactly ONE shower together and that was because I initiated it - he was never comfortable with it.

He had a LOT of hangups. Very glad to have been done with him.
This is something altogether different. As time progresses, it's easier to be comfortable. Both with being naked around your partner, or having your partner be naked around you. But there's nothing wrong with being uncomfortable with being "exposed" the first few times.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2009, 09:36 PM

7,309 posts, read 9,319,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainy Intellectual Type View Post
Most people do not have as good of body image as many of our vain posters so far. I can not believe most people feel comfortable nude with new lovers.
People are generally attracted to people on the same level of physical attractiveness, so why would anyone be uncomfortable getting nude in front of that someone? If there's been some dating involved, some getting-to-know-you period, then the potential awkwardness should have passed.

Unless maybe one is very young, and it's one first time. Although that was the last thing on my mind...

I am in good shape, have always been, although in the last few years I've added a few pounds due to several herniated discs, but if I weren't married, which I am, I would be interested in a man around my age or older, and he wouldn't be in 20-year-old shape either. It's the shape of a man's mind that's the biggest turn-on. No reason to be self-conscious.

I could however be made to feel extremely uncomfortable if my partner wanted to hide under the bed sheets. At that point, I would probably want to disappear altogether and lose any interest in him. I would think him very childish.

I've never met any man like you describe.

Old 10-25-2009, 01:09 AM

2,536 posts, read 9,928,487 times
I've always felt like I've looked better naked than with clothing on, oddly enough. As an adult, I've weighed anywhere from 125 to 155 lbs, and regardless, when I'm naked--there's no clothing pushing or pudging me out and everything is just naturally...there.

So no, I wasn't embarrassed when my husband saw my naked self for the first time, nor have I ever been.

Old 10-25-2009, 01:53 AM

18,270 posts, read 14,425,556 times
OP, what is the problem you perceive about exposing yourself to your lover? Is it a few extra pounds? Do you think he doesn't know you have a few extra pounds on you? Is it a scar you don't want him to see? What makes you feel insecure? Perhaps if you tell us here somebody will tell you their experience with the same issue and you can come to terms with the problem.

Old 10-25-2009, 01:11 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,764,451 times
I have scars in quite a few places, That doesn't bother me. I know I my body could use a lot of work... But I am comfortable with what I got. I am built more for comfort than speed anyway.

Old 10-25-2009, 01:23 PM

429 posts, read 684,722 times
never was before but things have definately changed in the last few months.Feeling attractive has alot to do with the way you are spoken to charished and shown you are loved and since none of that happens anymore I have to honestly say he makes me feel like an unattractive sour dishrag...

Old 10-25-2009, 03:20 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,645,569 times
Apparently, I have a "nervous chuckle". A certain way I laugh when I'm nervous about something. Doesn't mean I don't do it anyway.

Old 10-25-2009, 04:37 PM

8,568 posts, read 18,103,591 times
Judgmental - That's the one word that pops to my mind, "Brainy" doesn't work for you as well. You ask a question, then decide the majority of posters are not telling the truth or they are vain.

That is exactly the kind of attitude that might make some people uncomfortable being naked. Personally, if I am with someone who would judge me for the shape of my body rather than my personality and character, it's good to get that out with early on - Good-byes are easier said sooner rather than later.

Old 10-25-2009, 04:52 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,549,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Annie View Post
Judgmental - That's the one word that pops to my mind, "Brainy" doesn't work for you as well. You ask a question, then decide the majority of posters are not telling the truth or they are vain.

That is exactly the kind of attitude that might make some people uncomfortable being naked. Personally, if I am with someone who would judge me for the shape of my body rather than my personality and character, it's good to get that out with early on - Good-byes are easier said sooner rather than later.
True Weekend Traveler style, 99% would disagree with his/her posts.
I could never figure out why someone would post so many thread topics,
then accuse respondents of untruthfulness.

Old 10-25-2009, 05:13 PM

2,133 posts, read 5,875,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainy Intellectual Type View Post
Most people do not have as good of body image as many of our vain posters so far. I can not believe most people feel comfortable nude with new lovers.

I can't speak for others, but by the time I'm ready to get naked with a lover, I've known him for a little while. It's not like I'm going to jump into bed with a new guy at the end of the first date, or the 2nd or even the 3rd.

Nope, if I'm getting naked, it's with someone that I am completely comfortable with and who I know isn't going to care if there is a bump or a ripple that mars what is otherwise... perfection.

Brainy, it sounds like you are transferring your own insecurities on to the rest of us. You need to learn to like yourself more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships