Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2009, 09:52 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,855,270 times

Advertisements

Do you try to be funny on a date..And what are some things you said or did to be funny?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2009, 11:00 PM

7,005 posts, read 21,335,218 times
I don't. I try to be myself.

Old 10-25-2009, 11:05 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,654,488 times
Sometimes I say funny things--but usually I'm just funny looking.

Old 10-25-2009, 11:08 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,943,694 times
And that is hilarious. Here you are 1:43:
YouTube - Weird Al Yankovic-Fat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Cat View Post
I don't. I try to be myself.

Old 10-25-2009, 11:23 PM

1,322 posts, read 2,413,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Do you try to be funny on a date..And what are some things you said or did to be funny?
Good question.

In short, yes, I usually make my date laugh...

The long answer, TRYING to be funny and BEING funny are two different things. One can only be as funny as their personality will let them be. When one Tries too hard to be funny, it just comes off as cheesy and stupid. When one IS funny, that's called confidence and personality.

For example.. I love to rag on women - I'll give them a hard time about anything.

I went bowling with this chick that I had just met. Sure, bowling is kinda outdated, but that's all there was to do.. so, I made the best of it. She wasn't very good, and she had this certain way that she moved her body when she bowled - it made her rear end wiggle in a very pleasing way, if you can imagine.

Anyway, I picked on her about it all night - stood behind her like I was taking a picture, asking her to move a little to the left so I could get a better view, etc.. Thing is, it kept her laughing all night. She got laughing so hard once that she ended up throwing the ball two lanes over..

Or, if a chick looks like she's the type to go clubbing and get all wild, I'll accuse her of being a library chick - and then run with that.. Or, if a chick says that she's tired and IS the library type chick, I'll rag on her about staying out too late partying.. and then I'll accuse them of trying to seduce me, or tease me, or whatever.. typical role reversal crap..

But, because of my personality, it comes off as being funny instead of lame..

It just depends on personality. If I was a shy, quiet type of guy, none of those things would work. But, if a shy, quiet guy all of a sudden burst out with some amazing story that had a wicked punch line, well, it wouldn't be expected, so I think it would come across as funny.

Again, it's pointless to TRY to be funny.. Just be yourself, and let your style of humor come through. If the chick doesn't get it then she's not right for you..

er... well, that chick wouldn't be right for that guy anyway.. You get the point.

Old 10-25-2009, 11:26 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,943,694 times
In all seriousness you should try to make your date laugh. I can't stand going on a date with a guy who isn't trying to cheer me up. I don't like downers, sad saps, boring buzzards, or stoic stick in the muds. And a lot of people are like that. It makes sense to have a little fun and humor when dating and going out on the town.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanBlasphemy View Post
Good question.

In short, yes, I usually make my date laugh...

The long answer, TRYING to be funny and BEING funny are two different things. One can only be as funny as their personality will let them be. When one Tries too hard to be funny, it just comes off as cheesy and stupid. When one IS funny, that's called confidence and personality.

For example.. I love to rag on women - I'll give them a hard time about anything.

I went bowling with this chick that I had just met. Sure, bowling is kinda outdated, but that's all there was to do.. so, I made the best of it. She wasn't very good, and she had this certain way that she moved her body when she bowled - it made her rear end wiggle in a very pleasing way, if you can imagine.

Anyway, I picked on her about it all night - stood behind her like I was taking a picture, asking her to move a little to the left so I could get a better view, etc.. Thing is, it kept her laughing all night. She got laughing so hard once that she ended up throwing the ball two lanes over..

Or, if a chick looks like she's the type to go clubbing and get all wild, I'll accuse her of being a library chick - and then run with that.. Or, if a chick says that she's tired and IS the library type chick, I'll rag on her about staying out too late partying.. and then I'll accuse them of trying to seduce me, or tease me, or whatever.. typical role reversal crap..

But, because of my personality, it comes off as being funny instead of lame..

It just depends on personality. If I was a shy, quiet type of guy, none of those things would work. But, if a shy, quiet guy all of a sudden burst out with some amazing story that had a wicked punch line, well, it wouldn't be expected, so I think it would come across as funny.

Again, it's pointless to TRY to be funny.. Just be yourself, and let your style of humor come through. If the chick doesn't get it then she's not right for you..

er... well, that chick wouldn't be right for that guy anyway.. You get the point.

Old 10-25-2009, 11:48 PM

3,440 posts, read 8,039,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post

No I don't TRY to be funny, but if the girl finds me funny, or laughs at my dumb jokes, usually she likes me or at the least finds me interesting.

Old 10-25-2009, 11:56 PM

612 posts, read 1,843,483 times
I'm Irish so yeah I'm funny without even trying... I don't even notice when I'm being funny.

Old 10-26-2009, 12:04 AM

1,322 posts, read 2,413,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
In all seriousness you should try to make your date laugh. I can't stand going on a date with a guy who isn't trying to cheer me up. I don't like downers, sad saps, boring buzzards, or stoic stick in the muds. And a lot of people are like that. It makes sense to have a little fun and humor when dating and going out on the town.
Don't try to make her laugh, just make her laugh. Period.

Right?

But yeah, there's some chicks that just don't laugh, no matter what.. I'll leave those where I found them and move on.. I hate a downer..

Old 10-26-2009, 08:06 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,855,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Sometimes I say funny things--but usually I'm just funny looking.
Stop it you are fine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships