Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2010, 11:26 AM

5,412 posts, read 4,230,895 times

Advertisements

It's viewed as being immature for a guy to spend money on himself instead of on a woman.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2010, 12:53 PM

19,496 posts, read 12,126,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
It's viewed as being immature for a guy to spend money on himself instead of on a woman.
Which can lead to some severe hostility. I know a very well off bachelor who is finally splurging on himself. When this started happening women began to crazily chase him. He just ignored it and continued doing what he was doing. You would think he was satan himself for having the gall to build a nice house and bring his friends on vacations instead of spending money on foolish gold digging girls. Now I call that mature.

Old 04-07-2010, 01:57 PM

956 posts, read 1,764,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Me, neither! Me, neither!
Tee hee.

Old 04-07-2010, 04:30 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,598,564 times
Quote:
Why do you think older never-married men tend to be immature?
I'm one of those older never married guys you're referring to. I haven't quite figured it out myself but whenever I encounter a difficult situation I just fall apart. When I would get frustrated at work I would often throw a tantrum in the office and then sit in the corner and suck my thumb until the supervisor finally came over and spanked me and put me back at my desk. Sometimes when I miss one of my favorite cartoons I'll get mad and get out my crayons and scribble obscenities all over the wall. Oh if only I could have gotten married so I wouldn't have had to spend my entire life acting like a six year old!

Old 04-07-2010, 04:34 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,047,000 times
Quote:
That's right! It's a sin!

Old 04-07-2010, 04:38 PM

791 posts, read 1,423,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Which can lead to some severe hostility. I know a very well off bachelor who is finally splurging on himself. When this started happening women began to crazily chase him. He just ignored it and continued doing what he was doing. You would think he was satan himself for having the gall to build a nice house and bring his friends on vacations instead of spending money on foolish gold digging girls. Now I call that mature.
thats what I call a smart business man.....enjoy life

Old 04-08-2010, 04:48 AM

1,203 posts, read 1,979,513 times
Quote:
Which translates to a man's purpose in life is to work smart so he can earn a nice stable income to spend 95% on a woman.
Or basically to give her his check and let her give him an allowance.

Old 04-08-2010, 06:47 AM

19,496 posts, read 12,126,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nichirenx View Post
Or basically to give her his check and let her give him an allowance.
To be fair, sometimes that is a good thing. Sometimes the woman is the one who can manage the money better while the man will spend into bankruptcy and foreclosure. Guys like this need a mommy anyway.

Old 04-10-2010, 05:19 AM

1,203 posts, read 1,979,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
To be fair, sometimes that is a good thing. Sometimes the woman is the one who can manage the money better while the man will spend into bankruptcy and foreclosure. Guys like this need a mommy anyway.
Thats funny.
I have never known any single men to spend themselves into that state.
Unless they are addicted to drugs or gambling.

Old 04-10-2010, 05:25 AM

25,386 posts, read 35,469,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sushi66 View Post
I suppose it could be (with my limited sample) that these men aren't married *because* they're immature, not the other way around. But I've decided that being previously married must tend to provide maturity because of the required give and take in a relationship, not having the universe revolve around him, that sort of thing? What do you think?

I've met two men in the past year who always wanted to be married, but were in the 40's and never had been. One was extremely overweight so my guess is that hampered his social life a lot. The other says he doesn't know why he's single, he's "picky", "set in my ways" ... They are responsible and educated and have jobs and are decent people and all that good stuff, but my interaction with them was like talking to a 19 year old boy.
You are putting the cart before the horse. Being single and over 40 doesn't make one immature, being immature makes one single and over 40. Marriage doesn't provide maturity, maturity leads to marriage. So, previously married men are more likely to have some level of maturity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships