Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2010, 10:30 AM

5,185 posts, read 7,567,701 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushi66 View Post
I suppose it could be (with my limited sample) that these men aren't married *because* they're immature, not the other way around. But I've decided that being previously married must tend to provide maturity because of the required give and take in a relationship, not having the universe revolve around him, that sort of thing? What do you think?

I've met two men in the past year who always wanted to be married, but were in the 40's and never had been. One was extremely overweight so my guess is that hampered his social life a lot. The other says he doesn't know why he's single, he's "picky", "set in my ways" ... They are responsible and educated and have jobs and are decent people and all that good stuff, but my interaction with them was like talking to a 19 year old boy.
Proof an honest man = immature man.
See my topic about things men THINK, but never SAY.

Maturity is paying your bills on time, keeping credit in good order and pleasing your employer.

Everytime a woman does not get what she wants she hits the "IMMATURITY BUTTON"

FREEZE!

Stop trying to control us and just enjoy us.

Who is more mature a man with a corvette or the man with a bmw?

Who is more mature a man in a rural home or a man in a downtown condo?

If a man worked hard in school got a good job and wants to make up for lost time by sleeping with you and your sister is that being immature?

Women that hit the "immature button" are just mad some men cant be controled.

I have a few female friends that hit me with because I text them instead of talking on the phone....a lot of times I dont feel like talking, so I respond via text only to be told Men talk & lil boys text message......Control freaks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2010, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interpol76 View Post
Because married men have been tamed by their wives, and are often very limited in what they can and cannot do in their lives. Thus, they appear "mature", or "responsible". While single guys are free to do whatever, whenever, and have much much more free will. This can appear "irresponsible" or "immature" to the untrained eye.
exactly

Old 04-10-2010, 11:04 AM

956 posts, read 1,767,451 times
Or basically to give her his check and let her give him an allowance.[/quote]

I understand that in Korea and Estonia it is the wife who handles the money. Sometimes it's a cultural thing.

Old 04-10-2010, 11:45 AM

1,203 posts, read 1,982,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gudra View Post
Or basically to give her his check and let her give him an allowance.
I understand that in Korea and Estonia it is the wife who handles the money. Sometimes it's a cultural thing.[/quote]

Cultural actually makes practical sense.

Old 04-10-2010, 11:51 AM

5,879 posts, read 9,251,461 times
I LMAO every time some poor sap nearly gets drug out of the home improvement stores by the ear for wanting to buy a tool. I'll stay single and immature for a while and buy what I need and want! Sucka! LMAO.............

Old 04-10-2010, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by linkbr View Post
i think older never married men do tend to be, broadly put, immature. The ones I've met either can't support a wife b/c they are too lazy themselves to commit to a full time job. Or they can be perfectly successful but they know they cannot be loyal to their wife, so they just continue to "date" so they can sleep around with as many women as they please. And the last kind is they really just don't want to make the sacrifices that one needs to make in a marriage (i.e. money, kids, family responsibilities, time constraints, etc), so basically selfishness. I think alot of them don't understand the true joys in life doesn't come from having sex with the hottest women, or making the most money, or attending the most exciting/prestigious events, but just from ordinary living and the happiness that results from the sacrifices you do make for the ones you love.
Boring.

Old 04-10-2010, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyiMetro View Post
Proof an honest man = immature man.
See my topic about things men THINK, but never SAY.

Maturity is paying your bills on time, keeping credit in good order and pleasing your employer.

Everytime a woman does not get what she wants she hits the "IMMATURITY BUTTON"

FREEZE!

Stop trying to control us and just enjoy us.

Who is more mature a man with a corvette or the man with a bmw?

Who is more mature a man in a rural home or a man in a downtown condo?

If a man worked hard in school got a good job and wants to make up for lost time by sleeping with you and your sister is that being immature?

Women that hit the "immature button" are just mad some men cant be controled.

I have a few female friends that hit me with because I text them instead of talking on the phone....a lot of times I dont feel like talking, so I respond via text only to be told Men talk & lil boys text message......Control freaks
The bold is the most important to the real mature single guys. If women aren't smart enough to see that who would want them anyway. Move on to someone who does!

Old 04-10-2010, 12:08 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,192,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RUGGED4YOU View Post
I LMAO every time some poor sap nearly gets drug out of the home improvement stores by the ear for wanting to buy a tool. I'll stay single and immature for a while and buy what I need and want! Sucka! LMAO.............
HA is right. I have no doubt that I pay the salary for at least one of the employees at my local home depot. I splurge on tools. Heck, yesterday I borrowed a rench set from my job for this weekend to fix my car because I can't afford my own set right now. With all the tools I have, I can't believe I didn't buy a decent rench set.

Old 04-10-2010, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
HA is right. I have no doubt that I pay the salary for at least one of the employees at my local home depot. I splurge on tools. Heck, yesterday I borrowed a rench set from my job for this weekend to fix my car because I can't afford my own set right now. With all the tools I have, I can't believe I didn't buy a decent rench set.
I earn my living with my tools! I need them!

Old 04-10-2010, 12:26 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,192,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RUGGED4YOU View Post
I earn my living with my tools! I need them!
I certainly use tools at my job, but I don't have to buy them. But, I can't imagine being a home owner and not having a plethora of tools.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships