Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How much would you charge for sex?
$50 or less 3 6.00%
$51 to $100 1 2.00%
$101 to $250 5 10.00%
$251 to $500 3 6.00%
$501 to $1000 5 10.00%
$1001 to $5000 2 4.00%
More than $5000 8 16.00%
I would never consider doing this 23 46.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2009, 05:06 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,332,595 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
You're missing the point. You said that a man pays for sex one way or the other. But one way and another is very different. If you want to go and have sex with hookers, I am not going to try to "save" you, since I really don't care what you do. If it bothers you that I say that sex with a prostitute is a cold and calculated act, well I'm sorry. Just stating the facts as I see them.

First off, I'm a woman. And I have no intention of hooking up with any prostitutes.

Second, there are many situations in which men and women have sex that don't involve intimacy or caring or love that aren't frank prostitution.

Nothing you say bothers me, but differentiating prostitution from every other kind of sex just because the deal is struck out loud and in an obvious manner is really what's missing the point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2009, 05:10 AM

3,663 posts, read 8,662,358 times
Go to a major downtown area and you can find several $20 "hoes".

Old 10-29-2009, 05:17 AM

18,270 posts, read 14,423,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Second, there are many situations in which men and women have sex that don't involve intimacy or caring or love that aren't frank prostitution.
I agree. I don't have a problem with sex that is only about lust or because they haven't had sex in a long time, so they go for it. I am actually not a person that tries to mettle in other people's sex life at all. To each his own.

Quote:
Nothing you say bothers me, but differentiating prostitution from every other kind of sex just because the deal is struck out loud and in an obvious manner is really what's missing the point.

If a man and a woman wants to have sex with each other in exchange for money or goods, it doesn't bother me either. But at least in my opinion, there is a difference between sex with a prostitute and casual sex. Not because of the money, but because if a woman wasn't in need of money, or overly ambitious, the sex might not take place. So there is sex, not for sex's sake. Which to me is preety low. But I am not trying to change anybody's opinion, I just won't do it. Its beneath me to have sex for money, when money can be obtained through other sources.

Old 10-29-2009, 05:23 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,332,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asitshouldbe View Post
Go to a major downtown area and you can find several $20 "hoes".

Also at Home Depot.

Old 10-29-2009, 06:57 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,682,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post
Dreams are free, anyone charging more than 500 wouldn't get much business due to competitve forces. Its legal in NZ and adds alot to the economy, with more pros than cons than if it were Illegal.
Like I said in the thread on Great Debates, that's like saying nobody will pay for a Ferrari when there are perfectly good Hondas to be had. However, there are car lots full of new Hondas waiting to be driven and waiting lists at the Ferrari dealerships. There are call girls now who charge thousands of dollars, and men pay them. Cheaper prostitutes are available--like somebody said, you can drive downtown and get a $20 hooker. Some call girls are less expensive than others, yet men still pay the expensive ones. Why? I don't know. Outstanding looks, discretion, willingness to do certain things, fun to be with, I couldn't say. But I also don't see why women with those traits would not continue to charge and be paid their current rates.

Old 10-29-2009, 07:16 AM

7,796 posts, read 16,395,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Like I said in the thread on Great Debates, that's like saying nobody will pay for a Ferrari when there are perfectly good Hondas to be had. However, there are car lots full of new Hondas waiting to be driven and waiting lists at the Ferrari dealerships. There are call girls now who charge thousands of dollars, and men pay them. Cheaper prostitutes are available--like somebody said, you can drive downtown and get a $20 hooker. Some call girls are less expensive than others, yet men still pay the expensive ones. Why? I don't know. Outstanding looks, discretion, willingness to do certain things, fun to be with, I couldn't say. But I also don't see why women with those traits would not continue to charge and be paid their current rates.
For the same reason why I pay for better cuts of meat at the butcher.

Old 10-29-2009, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
Where's the $1 million option?

Actually, no I wouldn't do it . One time a guy offered me 100 dollars, and even though I was tight with the bills, I declined. So then another guy offered me 1000 per week to be his mistress, and I also declined. There are so many guys out there with little respect for a decent woman . For me, prostitution is disrespectful and, not only do you let a man disrespect you, but you are also disrespecting yourself by letting these men disrespect you. So that is not something I would do. In my life, things have to be a certain way, or else they aren't worth it. Self-respect is one of my biggest achivements, since I see that so many people don't have it. So many people are corrupted by money, that I see it as a weakness to be that way.

I have heard stories of women who are drug addicts and would do it for $1 , or $5. This was back in the 90's though, and in bad parts of town. I don't have a current number as to the rates nowadays.

Geez....that guy was cheap bastard! I've been offered more just for my panties!

Old 10-29-2009, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post
Dreams are free, anyone charging more than 500 wouldn't get much business due to competitve forces. Its legal in NZ and adds alot to the economy, with more pros than cons than if it were Illegal.
That explains why you're going to live to 100!!!

Old 10-29-2009, 07:34 AM

7,454 posts, read 13,422,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Well all I know is the most expensive one's advertised in NZ are no more than 500 an hour. There are some around that number.

Old 10-29-2009, 07:35 AM

7,454 posts, read 13,422,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
That explains why you're going to live to 100!!!
Haha nahh not for me, while I don't mind reading the ads sometimes for amusement, not for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships