U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 10-29-2009, 04:58 PM

8,032 posts, read 8,809,304 times
Default The cost of living is low in the state of denial (rant)

So, I received a call today from an old beau. I have mentioned him in a few threads. I stayed with him longer than I should have, trying to take into consideration that we came from very different backgrounds; he is country and I am city. But in the end it really boiled down to a serious lack of class and social grace on his part. He is doomed to a life of beer, bars and spilt milk that becomes a Greek tragedy every single time.

He has just gone through his 4th relationship since we broke up. He insists he is fed up, he's ready to give up dating, he's glad to be rid of them, etc.
I asked why he was calling me to tell me this, since I am one of "them". He said he wants to know what it is about "you women" that makes them so hard to please. Again, I am one of "them" so what is the point of asking me this? LOL.

I just laughed and told him he was in complete denial over the reality that he is own worst enemy. I reminded him of his famous last words when I made one final attempt at resolving our issues, "I'm not going there. Nothing has changed so far, it probably never will." No more to be said. It was time to get and I got. All he could say was that he is just sick of it, it's always his fault and he can never do anything right. Funny, that is what he'd say to me any time I called him out on anything. He could not be corrected or told that he was offensive in any way.

I cut the convo short, wished him luck and just shook my head. He actually drained me for a moment. Ugh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2009, 05:10 PM

19,023 posts, read 13,522,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
Again, I am one of "them" so what is the point of asking me this? LOL.
He just wants some chocolate leftovers

Old 10-29-2009, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
He just wants some chocolate leftovers
LOL. Nice.

Old 10-29-2009, 07:01 PM

11,996 posts, read 11,909,893 times
He was in hopes of a vulnerable moment.

Old 10-29-2009, 08:21 PM

1,372 posts, read 939,248 times
Toxic guy -- good riddance and good for you!

Old 10-29-2009, 08:32 PM

23,988 posts, read 17,717,371 times
Some people go their whole lives living this way. Not seeing themselves or being aware, conscious.

I've met people that were quite a bit older and still blame the world and can't see themselves.

Last edited by Chowhound; 10-29-2009 at 08:50 PM..

Old 10-29-2009, 09:56 PM

They're perfectly fine with it, comfortable in that place. I've been there and could have easily made it a life-long practice. My gut won't let me.

There was no such thing as disagreeing civilly. Break-ups are supposed to be bitter in his world. And whenever I brought something to his attention, he immediately became hostile and turned the tables, put me through the ringer before he finally apologized. By the time that happened, he had violated in so many other ways that the original issue was cake in comparison. I've had so many jaw-dropping moments with some of the things he'd say and how he'd try to deflect. It was so transparent and ridiculous, he had to be completely brain dead to think it would even fly. But when I saw how he actually worked himself into believing what he said, I knew he was a goner.

Every single one of these 4 women dumped him. According to our mutual friends, they have even tried sitting him down and telling him how out of control he is. Nope, it's not him. He's the victim and happy to be.

Old 10-29-2009, 10:40 PM

1,323 posts, read 1,344,726 times
Send him a picture postcard of the planet earth.. on the back write, "wish you were here!"..

Seriously, I'm glad you're not with that dude anymore.. Sounds like he's a typical loser anyway..

And I think the term you were looking for was a "Wannabe Redneck Tragedy".. either way..

Breathe in, breathe out, move on..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships