Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2009, 03:29 PM

6,764 posts, read 22,070,116 times

Advertisements

Well, I was going to say it was fine, till I saw he was married.
Why does she need this guy?
She should find a man of her own, but I guess the allure is the money and fringe benefits.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2009, 03:33 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,715,345 times
All you grandpas, leave the women for the grandsons for the Lord's sake

I'll even bribe you with a golden walking stick.

Old 10-30-2009, 04:18 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,661,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySoul22 View Post
Well, I was going to say it was fine, till I saw he was married.
Why does she need this guy?
She should find a man of her own, but I guess the allure is the money and fringe benefits.
Yep. The married thing is what got me too. Besides...thats an awful big age gap, especially if she has been seeing guys younger, or close to her age. This 70 yr. old dude must be handsome, huh? (knudge.)

Old 10-30-2009, 05:14 PM

20,048 posts, read 18,303,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ticatica View Post
Hate to say it but the infidelity is your friend's biggest problem. I think that is the ultimate red flag that he's a dishonest user. If I were her I'd go for a friendship but maybe your friend doesan't care if he's a duplicitous snake. Better break out the condoms if she plans on going forward.
Spot on!

Old 10-30-2009, 05:19 PM

52,249 posts, read 52,655,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLucky View Post
At 74?? I doubt it..
It ain't over til it's over baby!!!

Old 10-30-2009, 06:29 PM

7,005 posts, read 21,333,578 times
Pic please!!

Old 10-30-2009, 07:24 PM

1,570 posts, read 5,986,546 times
The age difference doesn't bother me in the least. But the fact that he is married is a problem. I don't have a huge moral issue here. If it's true that the wife is ok with it - fine by me. But the problem as I see it is that she is 30 and will waste the best years of her her life being nothing more than the "other woman". And that's all she will end up being.

If I were her I would keep this strickly at the friendship level. If the attraction is too great - i would have to move on.

Old 10-30-2009, 08:10 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,980,527 times
write a contract and go for it.........

Old 10-30-2009, 08:21 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,128,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by perkycarrot View Post
He is 74. She's 30.

First of all, let's say he is a thin, attractive, elderly man. It may seem gross to some people, but she says she is actually attracted to him. It may be weird to some, but she said something about him is fascinating to her.

Do you think the female would be arm candy or do you think he'd actually want to get to know her? My friend is very attractive, intelligent, has a career, and owns her own home. I do know she generally dates her age or a little younger, and it's rare that she'd even be interested in a 40 year old man, so this is odd to me.

She has been having dinners with this 74 year old married man. (He hasn't had a sexual relationship with his wife in years, and he has claimed that his wife would be ok with the situation as long as it wasn't flaunted around her. His wife lives in England and he lives in the states, so does my friend.)

Anyway, he doesn't call my friend everyday due a hectic work schedule. He runs some sort of international business. At times he does call to chat, but not on a daily basis. She sometimes feels neglected and wonders if he is honestly interested in getting to know her mind.

He only calls to schedule these dinners with her. She hasn't had sex with him, but he has asked her if she'd be interested in that at some point. He has also expressed interest in taking her on trips to Spain and whatnot. He told her he's looking for someone to share the beauty in life with. He'd like it include sex sometimes, and said it could also lead to love. He told her that he is not in love with his wife and would like to fall in love with someone. He has left the nature of their relationship in her hands. She was kind of pushing the friend thing, but he said he can only do that for so long before feelings develop on his side.

Is a 40+ year age difference workable? Do you think he cares about what actually comes out of her mouth, or only how she looks while she is saying it?
I would give your friend a little lesson on Karma if I were you. What goes around, comes around and a cheating husband is no prize, not by any means. I would seriously consider the mental health of any woman who would think so little of herself as to enter into a relationship like the one you describe. It is sad that she has such low self-esteem that she has to settle for a man who would treat his wife this way, regardless of if he is "in love" with her or not. It shows monumental disrespect and you can bet your boots that he would not think twice about treating your friend this way either if it suited him to do so.

Age has nothing to do with it. He has a terminal lack of class and I would kick him to the curb so fast it would make your head swim.

20yrsinBranson

Old 10-30-2009, 08:27 PM

11,087 posts, read 17,537,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
As long as they enjoy each other's company (and everyone has full mental faculties), everyone else should probably just butt out.
That's the best comment I've heard on this topic so far.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships