Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2009, 10:02 PM

612 posts, read 1,843,607 times

Advertisements

I'm sure a lot of you know my previous dilemmas. This is related to my dilemma but I'll ask this as a general question.

I've been talking to a gal a lot recently but apparently just as friends. I've been trying to accept the fact that she only wants to be friends but deep inside it's killing me. I still think of her as someone who could be more than a friend. I have thoughts of her hooking up with other guys at the bar, etc and it drives me mad.

I'll admit I'm insecure a bit and if I like a gal, I keep on trying until the point it gets boring or I get a blunt sign that she will never be interested.

Now she's STILL flirting and texting multiple times and I think I'm starting to show that I'm too desperate by replying on the spot. I asked her what she was up to a couple of hours ago and just got a reply and she said she was "gettin' drunk"... I jokingly replied "Without me lol"... She replied "I'm at bar Babe"... Well I know what happens at bars and when people get drunk... I was also caught off guard by the "babe" part but realized not to think anything of it. Haven't replied to her yet...

Now onto my question. Ladies I want your feedback but guys opinions/esperiences are welcomed.

Since I feel like I've been showing too much interest in her, I'm thinking of not texting/replying to her for awhile or at least a couple of days. I know this could really backfire on me or help me in a way.

So ladies if a you were really hitting it off with a guy friend by calling/texting/hanging out a lot, how would you feel/think about a guy suddenly not responding to you in any way?

I've already decided not to text her back tonight or at all tomorrow whether or not she initiates a conversation unless I get some responses here not to do that.

Thanks. Sorry to be long-winded and to have another "dilemma". Who knew one girl would cause so much commotion in my life (shrug).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2009, 10:12 PM

37,617 posts, read 45,996,704 times
You need to stop fixating on this chick. You need to behave simply as a friend for now, nothing more. Text her back "Hope you have fun!" and leave it at that. Don't try and create drama with a silly game.

Old 11-01-2009, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
You need to stop fixating on this chick. You need to behave simply as a friend for now, nothing more. Text her back "Hope you have fun!" and leave it at that. Don't try and create drama with a silly game.
Tried that... didn't work. I can get over a girl easily most of the time but not this time. It'll be a matter of time I guess... Still not gonna reply though.

Old 11-01-2009, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Bananas View Post
Tried that... didn't work. I can over a girl easily most of the time but not this time. It'll be a matter of time I guess... Still not gonna reply though.
Tried what??

Old 11-01-2009, 10:18 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
Quote:
Since I feel like I've been showing too much interest in her, I'm thinking of not texting/replying to her for awhile or at least a couple of days. I know this could really backfire on me or help me in a way.
It certainly will not go unnoticed! You have been too available and you have kissed her rear too much, that's for sure! If she has any romantic interest in you, it'll work in your favor; if she doesn't, you'll have your answer. It's a win-win situation.

Old 11-01-2009, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Tried what??
Tried to get over the idea of there being "us". I can take a hint if someone doesn't want a relationship and usually respect that but for some reason, I can't accept the fact that there may be no us at the moment. I'm not gonna say I love this girl but there's just something about her......

Old 11-01-2009, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
It certainly will not go unnoticed! You have been too available and you have kissed her rear too much, that's for sure! If she has any romantic interest in you, it'll work in your favor; if she doesn't, you'll have your answer. It's a win-win situation.
Good point.

Old 11-01-2009, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Tried to get over the idea of there being "us". I can take a hint if someone doesn't want a relationship and usually respect that but for some reason, I can't accept the fact that there may be no us at the moment. I'm not gonna say I love this girl but there's just something about her......
Okay, so you don't text back. So what? What does that do other than paint you as childish? That's my point. Be a grown-up and send a non-pushy/friendly text back, one that is clearly NOT asking for a reply, and leave it be.

Old 11-01-2009, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Okay, so you don't text back. So what? What does that do other than paint you as childish? That's my point. Be a grown-up and send a non-pushy/friendly text back, one that is clearly NOT asking for a reply, and leave it be.
Ok I'm starting to regret posting this thread... Sometimes one moment you're not thinking and then you suddenly are.

My original idea (which I can see now is childish and uncool) was to play her at her own game. Not reply for awhile and try to see how she would react to me not replying for awhile and maybe it'll open something...kind of a cowardly way in a sense instead of taking the hard way which would be being her friend and gaining the love lol.

Cheesie I took your originial advice and texted her exactly what you said about 45 minutes after her initial text. She replied pretty quickly.

I've gotta confess something: This girl is pretty much amazing. But I'm starting to feel like I'm her best friend now. We can easily joke about random sh*t and send pics of us without care. I just wish she didn't come off as well strong. The stuff she has said is something I can't envision telling a best friend but again I don't know her that well. I'm sure sometime down the road I'll really know her and meet her other "cool guy friends" like me or maybe her "FWB" or boyfriend.

Cheesie, I appreciate your advice and you might've just saved my a$$.

Old 11-01-2009, 10:38 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
Quote:
Cheesie, I appreciate your advice and you might've just saved my a$$.
Or buried it deeper... Anyway, it's your life, your choice of what to do, and your "relationship" that will never be, if you ask me.

Sheesh, started talking in rhymes late at night! ;-)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships