Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2011, 05:42 PM

410 posts, read 832,959 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEVOW View Post
Alot of single girls that i know, have told me that they hesitate to date guys w kids, because their kinda selfish and dont like sharing the guys w his kids. They get upset that on the weekends that the guys have their kids, they cant go out or do anything w them, do you single ladies, hesitate to date guys w kids?
It never bothered me, even when I was younger. Being a Dad is hardly a character flaw. I think it's selfish to not date someone just because they have kids.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2011, 05:49 PM

19,706 posts, read 20,236,139 times
I never wanted to date anyone w/ kids, but turned out my current bf has 2 boys.

They live all the way across the country though, so I have never had to deal with them or their mother. :tee hee:

Old 08-29-2011, 08:10 PM

3,860 posts, read 8,451,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swampbird View Post
It never bothered me, even when I was younger. Being a Dad is hardly a character flaw. I think it's selfish to not date someone just because they have kids.
You say that like it's a bad thing. We can't be selfless all of the time.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Old 08-30-2011, 01:42 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,277,661 times
I'm childfree.
I don't date guys with kids.

Why would I? I have no interest in kids, any of them.

Quote:
Wow, you're judging people because they want to live the life that they want?
It's not selfish at all to take care of yourself first.
For me, kids are definitely a deal breaker. I don't want my own; I certainly don't want anyone else's.

Old 08-30-2011, 02:27 PM

550 posts, read 604,335 times
Yep! Too many factors to consider dating them seriously. Now if the child is a teenager, that's different.

Old 08-30-2011, 11:48 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,182,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
No kids for me, no kids for them..I'm too greedy
"Greedy?" Is that what you call it?

Not feeling compelled to have children myself, I never cared if the man had children and was completely understanding of the time he needed to invest in them.

Old 08-31-2011, 01:20 AM

2,657 posts, read 8,031,564 times
Quote:
I think it's selfish to not date someone just because they have kids.
Whoaaaa

Some people have no interest in kids, or in parents. It's simply a preference, just as if, for instance, they didn't want to date atheists or extremely religious-types. There is a facet or fact about that person's life that is a turn-off to you and you shouldn't be forced to indulge it for fear of being called selfish.

Old 08-31-2011, 01:12 PM

1,338 posts, read 2,565,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
I'm childfree.
I don't date guys with kids.

Why would I? I have no interest in kids, any of them.

Wow, you're judging people because they want to live the life that they want?
It's not selfish at all to take care of yourself first.
For me, kids are definitely a deal breaker. I don't want my own; I certainly don't want anyone else's.
Chielgirl.... yet again I completely agree with you.

Although I am married now, I never wanted kids and never dated anyone who had them. It was a deal breaker for me and one of the first questions I asked so as not to get involved first. I don't want my own nor the drama of other peoples...or the baggage that quite often comes with them.

Old 08-31-2011, 01:14 PM

1,338 posts, read 2,565,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverwing View Post
Whoaaaa

Some people have no interest in kids, or in parents. It's simply a preference, just as if, for instance, they didn't want to date atheists or extremely religious-types. There is a facet or fact about that person's life that is a turn-off to you and you shouldn't be forced to indulge it for fear of being called selfish.
exactly, everyone has criteria and children is just another one.

Old 08-31-2011, 02:53 PM

1,639 posts, read 2,201,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLBound09 View Post
I absolutely REFUSE to date men with children.... Call it selfish or whatever, but I do not have kids and I expect the same of you.

I don't bring baggage and neither should you and let's admit it, dating someone with kids, there is usually baggage, unless the other parent has died.

And picture me answering to another adult about their kids.... especially if they're under MY roof.... the first time the brat screams out "You ain't my mama!" I might be liable to kirk out on they a$4 and kick that in the throat.... lol

nah, not gone be able to do it....
LMAO I feel you there. Let some brat act up in MY house, and then I get told by the adults(and kid too)that im not their parent, so I shouldnt be disciplining them. Yah..okay.

I'm a woman, and I dont have kids. I PREFER a man with no kids, but I realize that men who are in their 30's and up will probably have them. However, im certainly gonna look hard at the situation before I jump in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships