Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2009, 04:39 PM

4,250 posts, read 10,451,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySoul22 View Post
When you get to a certain age there are more women than men out there. A man can be 60-65-70 and easily get a woman much younger and have multiple women after him.

I saw it with a close relative. He was a widower rather youngish (late 50s early 60s). He was dating a nice lady around his age. Then this younger woman (not dramatically young but 12 years or so) wheedled her way into things. They knew each other from a former job. He was flattered and dumped the older lady for this woman. (he is still with her today). Too bad she's a selfish manipulator who pits him vs. his kids.

Even a jerk can play the field if the odds are in his favor.
Ah, Gypsy, you are so right. I wonder how the original woman fared in your scenario. Maybe I'll just set my sights on someone who is 80, rich and ready to kick the bucket.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2009, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMichelle View Post
No, this is not typical. He has some serious problems. ... and you don't need this type of drama.

He is telling you all this - all these other women (sign) - to keep you off balance, to make him more desirable to you (tricky). Of course all this makes him "open and honest" (ha), you'll never beable to say he was cheating, etc. blah, blah, blah.

Trust me. You are wasting your time with this guy. Move on! Get out of this would be, may, on-again-off-again, "relationship" before you are in too deep. He is dangling a carrott that can't be caught and the "dream" of a future is not real.
Drop him like a rock. Don't try to stay friends - you don't need friends like this! Do NOT stay in any type of contact with him. It will be painful - but you will overcome this.
Take care of yourself.
You're right. Plus, I got this very strange job offer this week. I really can't handle any more drama than what might unfold in this job. The words "peeping Tom" and "serial killer" were thrown my way by a trusted authority in my life (whole other story and I digress).

Hmmm, don't try to stay friends. Yeah, I've done a lot of that. You're right in that it's going to hurt (ouch) but I must take care of me and I'll need all the energy I can muster to do this job.

Old 11-03-2009, 04:50 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,658,013 times
No matter how fine he thinks he is (and maybe he is), someone somewhere is sick of his crap. I don't think a "big ego" like that would be attractive in ANY way...but some ladies fall for it.

Old 11-03-2009, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
No matter how fine he thinks he is (and maybe he is), someone somewhere is sick of his crap. I don't think a "big ego" like that would be attractive in ANY way...but some ladies fall for it.
Yup, and she is sitting in front of the computer right now.

Old 11-03-2009, 06:28 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,855,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgfurman View Post
Sounds like he's playing the field, and letting you know about it too, which is really pretty crass, if you ask me. I can't imagine anyone being sincere about "having a future together" when he is still involved with other women, and has the audacity to tell you about. He obviously wants to keep you around, if the "other things don't pan out." That wouldn't sit well with me.
Actually, it sound like he isn't playing the field and trying to get some traction with a load of BS.

Guys who play the field keep everyone they are playing with, unaware of the others, as long as they can.

I've known a few guys like this - sort of a Baron Von Munchausen syndrome. A women glances at them and "she's hot for me!" Kind of pathetic.

Have you looked into his finances?

Old 11-03-2009, 08:00 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
The guy is simply an as*hole, but when you tell movin' on this she gets offended (I've tried before) and just keeps posting his latest BS ; therefore, I see no need to address her any longer on this issue. She can "enjoy" him all she wants to for all I care...

You can see the same trend on this thread. She pretty much only responded to one post that kinda validates her staying with him as if everybody else is a jerk! And even if that's true, better be alone than with some worthless piece of crap like this!

Old 11-03-2009, 11:11 PM

1,322 posts, read 2,413,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movin'on View Post
This isn't a case of insecurity on the part of this guy. This guy has a really healthy ego...
I have a few questions for you..

When looking for a long term relationship, do you want to be with someone who you trust completely? Do you want to be able to feel comfortable with this person all of the time? Do you want to have that feeling of "completeness" with that person?

Would you rather have someone who's good looking and charismatic, but otherwise untrustworthy and flirts with other women while you're there, or would you rather have someone who is more average, but that will give you their entire heart and soul, and never leave room for doubt?

What do YOU want out of a relationship?

My thoughts: He has a very long history of girlfriends because he knows exactly what to say and do to make them like him, but, he's more into the thrill of the hunt rather than the oneness of being with someone.

You have to decide for yourself what to do. Take time and really examine what you want out of a relationship, and then examine the relationship itself.

I think you'll find your answers there.

I wish you the best..

Old 11-04-2009, 06:11 AM

7,136 posts, read 12,673,848 times
If you want a long term relationship, you should look elsewhere. This guy is a player who is not ready to settle down. He's still enjoying the game and talking about the game. I'm sure he'd be an entertaining friend, but if you want to be loved and cherished, he's not the one. I'm so sorry.

Old 11-04-2009, 06:27 AM

9,230 posts, read 16,546,473 times
How incredibly disrespectful; on and off, leading you on, flirting with other women in front of you and bragging about how they all want him. He's a friggin' moron. Lose him. Or stay and be forever miserable, constantly on your toes, competing with women who may or may not even know he exists.

Old 11-04-2009, 11:43 AM

850 posts, read 1,546,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movin'on View Post
This isn't a case of insecurity on the part of this guy. This guy has a really healthy ego. Ever since I've known him he's told me about all the women who want him. I do, so maybe it's true. I've told him he tells me too much and he tells me it's when he stops telling me I have to worry. He also tells me I'm insecure.

He was in the hospital over the weekend and he received a ton of calls from coworkers - half women, half men. However, he told me he was feeling overwhelmed and that some woman he worked with called him and he was really surprised. In fact, he said he was scared and overwhelmed. He told me that maybe she was planting a seed or finally coming forward with her feelings. I haven't heard that tone in his voice since he told me he was scared to get involved with me. Needless to say, I am not happy. What do I do? Confront him on this and tell him to pursue her and get it out of his system or marry her, or do I say nothing and hope for the best? He talks about a future for us but he has a very long history of girlfriends. What would you do? I don't want to come off as jealous and insecure, but I am.
Just be his friend nothing more. If he is telling about every tom, dick and harry calling him...why? What does he have to prove? I would run like hell from a guy like this. He isn't ready to settle down with you or anyone for that matter, otherwise, he wouldn't keep his "options" so open. Sounds like he still wants to soil his royal oats. JUST BE HIS FRIEND and nothing more.

You don't want to be a number on his "conquered" list.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships