Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-04-2009, 12:58 PM

1 posts, read 1,533 times

Advertisements

Okay I was talking to this guy long distance and we were coming along well. Our connection deepened over a few short months. We had a disagreement and I hastily cut things off.

I know it was wrong on my part to do so, being childish I guess. I cut off contact with him but the problem is he didn't try and contact me to see what happened.

I'm not a naive person, so I figure he 'just wasn't that into me' if he didn't even follow up and find out what went wrong. Or could it be that he was hurt himself that I cut him off and really thought I didn't want to have anything else to do with him.

IDK I'm just confused, should I try to make contact back with him and explain all this or does it seem like he really wasn't truly into what we had? What are y'all thoughts and advice on it?

Last edited by EnergyJones; 11-04-2009 at 12:59 PM.. Reason: typo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2009, 01:05 PM

1,570 posts, read 5,971,724 times
You cut off communication. What would you expect him to do? ... plead with you to communicate with him - how lame! It tells me he is following your lead and respecting your wishes not to continue to communicate. If you were expecting him to play "drama", I guess he isn't interested in that.

If you want to say your sorry for loosing your temper, go ahead. Contact him and say so. Will he want to communicate again? You will find out. Remember, no hard feels if he is no longer interested. After all, you cut off the communication and you need to "own it".
Best wishes.

Old 11-04-2009, 01:24 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,461,872 times
Not knowing the scope of the disagreement makes it difficult to
answer. I'd say ego is responsible here.

Old 11-04-2009, 01:28 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,592,868 times
Yeah...what was the disagreement about?

Old 11-04-2009, 01:29 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,569,287 times
Here are a couple of things I've learned.

1. If you tell someone "I never want to see (text, call) you again," be prepared for that person to believe you. Don't ever tell someone that unless you really mean it.

2. Don't expect someone to chase after you. Some people just won't. That doesn't mean they didn't like you ... but hoping for "Baby, please take me back" often ends in heartache. YOU might be able to chase THEM and apologize and promise not to be so impetuous ... but see #1. Sometimes you can't fix what you've broken.

3. Don't expect people to be mind readers. (I don't know if you do this; this is just something I've learned.) If someone asks, "What's wrong?" and you say, "Nothing," then don't be mad if they believe you. Pouting and thinking, "If you loved me, you'd KNOW" gets you nowhere. Likewise, breaking up with someone and hoping that he will realize you want him to protest and chase after you is probably also going to get you nowhere.

If you think you behaved badly and want to get back together, call him up and say, "I acted like a jerk and I'm very sorry. Please forgive me. I won't do that again." But remember #1.

Old 11-05-2009, 07:44 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,887,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnergyJones View Post
Okay I was talking to this guy long distance and we were coming along well. Our connection deepened over a few short months. We had a disagreement and I hastily cut things off.

I know it was wrong on my part to do so, being childish I guess. I cut off contact with him but the problem is he didn't try and contact me to see what happened.

I'm not a naive person, so I figure he 'just wasn't that into me' if he didn't even follow up and find out what went wrong. Or could it be that he was hurt himself that I cut him off and really thought I didn't want to have anything else to do with him.

IDK I'm just confused, should I try to make contact back with him and explain all this or does it seem like he really wasn't truly into what we had? What are y'all thoughts and advice on it?

Let it go.

My wife blew up at me on the phone and I was going to cut all ties with her from it too. I figured you don't talk to me like that no matter what mood you are in.

Well, she drove and hour to come and see me and she said, "I thought you were giving up on me." I was. I didn't even want her there.

Well, I have been with her for 12 years. Married and miserable. I wish I would have stuck to my gut feeling and made my choice firm. I am paying for accepting that.

So, with your situation I would say if it was the both of you can't getting thru some sort of problem just dating then it won't make it any easier when you've been together for 10 years. Trust me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships