Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2009, 07:41 PM

2,625 posts, read 11,200,484 times

Advertisements

Theirs so many ways to get in contact people nowadays, and basically where theres a will, theres a way, is it easier to cheat now, than back in the old days?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2009, 09:12 PM

4,116 posts, read 3,140,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEVOW View Post
Theirs so many ways to get in contact people nowadays, and basically where theres a will, theres a way, is it easier to cheat now, than back in the old days?

Yes it is.... That's how I found out my boyfriend was talking to an old friend of his from like 2-3-4yrs ago....

Somehow they got in contact with one another again I believe through their Myspace. They had Myspace profiles when they were friends 2-3-4-yrs ago so they starting talking on there again and proceeded to start texting and calling each other on the phone shortly after.

Jerks!!!!!! he deleted all his texts to her just left 2 she had sent him. I believe so he could have the number on file just in case he needed to call her or text her back. Kept his phone in his coat pocket instead of on top of his dresser like always (that's when I started becoming suspicious) and she called him but when I picked up she hung up 2 times on me, I pretended to be him on the text messages she would respond back and the answers I got were all the wrong ones I did not want to hear.

I hate cheater's and liar's and they are both of those things!!!! She was like he is just my old friend and I just wanted him back in my life because I am moving back into the city, mind you she didnt' even live out of state or so far she couldn't be his friend before then... Very Strange.. Not Trustworthy whatsoever

Old 11-05-2009, 09:52 PM

38,707 posts, read 102,897,201 times
If anything it's harder to cheat, or at least harder to get away with it. All these newfangled ways of communicating with each other leave a bigger "paper trail" (or in this case an electronic trail) to be discovered.

Old 11-05-2009, 10:25 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,536,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
If anything it's harder to cheat, or at least harder to get away with it. All these newfangled ways of communicating with each other leave a bigger "paper trail" (or in this case an electronic trail) to be discovered.
Plus there's that show called "Cheaters" where they don't let the cheaters get away with it.

Really in some ways, I'd think it would be harder now with all the video cameras everywhere. Every move you make today is being recorded or watched.

Old 11-05-2009, 10:30 PM

1,322 posts, read 2,409,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEVOW View Post
I would think that it'd be about the same as it used to be. I don't think it's harder, I just think that people change tactics.

Now, the spouse can call the cell to see where the other is, used to, people wern't able to do that...hence the excuse: "I had to work late, and I had the phone turned off so that I could get things done without interruption. I just didn't realize what time it was.. "

Or, there used to be the excuse of car problems, or "I tried to call, but nobody answered", or...

Old 11-05-2009, 11:14 PM

434 posts, read 932,266 times
Well, it sounds like too much drama anyway

If my husband cheats, I would rather not to know

(then how about spreading STD? Sigh!)

I only can guarantee I don't play outside the box

If I meet someone who is worthy of cheating with, I will tell my husband FIRST not HIDE it!

I am a simple person and I like to keep life simple.

Old 11-06-2009, 12:15 AM

2,383 posts, read 6,048,921 times
I think it's easier to find someone to cheat with but harder to get away with. Someone else mentioned the electronic trail you leave with all the new technology out there, but I think you have more options open and more accessibility to willing parties through technology.

Old 11-06-2009, 07:18 AM

7,005 posts, read 21,289,991 times
Damn myspace!! I despise it. Wait, I have an account with myspace! Meh, I don't even get on there anyways.

Old 11-06-2009, 07:52 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,904,719 times
The world is connected.

You can meet people on the other side of the world.

You can meet people you went to school with.

You can meet... just about anyone with technology now a days.

It's all good but can be dangerous too.

As for cheating...if you were able to openly talk with your spouse that this clown is trying to contact me...you both can laugh it off. If you start hiding stuff then it gets dangerous.

Old 11-06-2009, 08:00 AM

1,086 posts, read 3,353,326 times
It's easier to cheat, but easier to get caught. With more ways of communication means more ways to catch you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships