Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2010, 02:11 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,720,562 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_factor View Post
I apologize to all the Facebook enthusiasts out there, but reading about and hearing about events like this make me SO glad I'm NOT on Facebook. Phew.
But we're facebook friends now
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2010, 01:37 AM

717 posts, read 2,808,931 times
Did any of you watch the movie "Bridges of Madison County" or read the book??? Of course it is a work of fiction--but it is also the stuff of real life. Meryl Streep made all of her decisions based on "the right thing to do for her family--husband & kids" even though she was miserable. Life is not so simple and easy. Sometimes doing the things one would like to do for personal happiness are not always possible at any given moment in time.

I'm not taking sides or judging anyone in this situation because there are far too many factors that are not known. I know that I would have loved to have made many decisions differently, but didn't and couldn't because of choices I made which resulted in obligations that I needed to follow thru with. Making choices I would have liked to have made would have affected far many more people than just myself. Though I wish I could say that it didn't matter, I could not be that selfish and live with that decision for the rest of my life.

However, I absolutely love the line in that movie where Meryl Streep tells her children via a letter, "My children do what you must in this lifetime to be happy." If only it were that easy. Too many of us live and lead lives that we are miserable with because we don't know how to overcome obstacles and we don't want to disappoint other people. There is no one right & perfect answer.

Last edited by itsajourney; 05-07-2010 at 01:47 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships