Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2009, 07:27 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,838,486 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
Ram the cart gently into her bum and say sorry.
Heck I'd love to do that to a hot guy...but I would be mortified if he gave me a dirty look and said,"What da hell?"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2009, 07:32 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,838,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
You say,

"I surely do appreciate the beauty of your melons. I bet they are firm & sweet".

"I vision the sweetness of your lips, similar to a strawberry margarita", or chocolate covered cherries.

Though that is funny as hell....unless I knew you....I would think "Omg pervert!"

Old 11-10-2009, 07:40 PM

4,604 posts, read 8,228,724 times
Observe what they're buying. I saw a gal looking for her brand of mayo so I grabbed a jar of the mayo with olive oil and suggested she give it a try. Then on second thought I put it back and got a smaller jar and handed it to her. And she put it in her basket... mayo, of all things.

Whatever it is they're picking up... ask for a suggestion, which is better. How to cook it.

Old 11-11-2009, 01:13 PM

550 posts, read 1,355,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Cat View Post
I used to hang out at Home Depot/Lowe's to meet up women. Especially the hotties that work on both places.
Hardware stores like Home Depot/Lowe's is not a bad place to meet women. LOL.

I used to work at the Lowe's garden center near my university and would see so many single women (and of cousrse a lot of couples) there. Me and my coworkers would just strike up conversation with all of them when they needed help. We would get phone numbers and invites to parties sometimes.

That is the only thing I miss about working there. That and riding the forklift around LOL.

Old 11-11-2009, 09:02 PM

190 posts, read 412,952 times
To the OP -

My advice is to take the posts about cheesy pickup lines and routines for what they are - humor. Do not "try" to approach women at the supermarket. I used to be like this - thinking I had to bump into some woman and ooze the charm of Hugh Grant in a chick flick. IT ONLY WORKS LIKE THIS IN THE MOVIES!!! Unless you are a natural at it you will just start getting nervous every time you see an attractive woman in the produce section wondering "Is she looking at me? What can I say in 10 seconds or less to get her interested ?" It only gets worse when they start flirting back and you wonder if they are just fishing for a chance to shoot you down. Then you forget all about what you were supposed to buy or get anxious and cut the trip short to get out of the situation.

Get your stuff, chat up the cashier and bag boy, then head home. Go meet women at singles groups or co-ed sports teams. That way you have plenty of opportunities to get to know them and situations to show some interest. Likewise, the women won't have to wonder if you are the real deal, or more likely assume you are a desperate guy hitting on her.
Just my humble opinion...

Old 11-12-2009, 07:07 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,943,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
Men talk to me at the deli counter and ask me questions throughout the store, whether it's about an item or about those new scanners they recently began using. Just go for it!

Hmmm, now that I think about it, I must look really knowledgeable about supermarket products and services. I don't know if that's a good thing or not!?!
Duh! They just want to squeeze your melons.

Old 11-12-2009, 07:20 AM

7,796 posts, read 16,395,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
Duh! They just want to squeeze your melons.
Fine by me, as long as I don't look like I spend too much time in the cookies aisle.

Old 11-12-2009, 07:23 AM
miu

17,766 posts, read 40,152,606 times
Default How do you meet girls at the SUPER MARKET?

Do you like to cook? If not, take a cooking class or two. One good way to break the ice is to talk to those women about how to pick out good vegetables or exchange favorite recipes. I remember having a great discussion about how to cook a hotel roast with a man at the butcher's window. And it helped that the man had a great smile.

Old 11-12-2009, 08:01 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,943,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
Fine by me, as long as I don't look like I spend too much time in the cookies aisle.
(Holding a pad of paper and a pencil)

"...annnnd...what supermarket would you be shopping at again?"

Old 11-12-2009, 08:25 AM

7,796 posts, read 16,395,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
(Holding a pad of paper and a pencil)

"...annnnd...what supermarket would you be shopping at again?"
why? You wanna' learn how to Scan & Bag?!?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships