Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2009, 03:39 PM

20,708 posts, read 19,353,439 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
It certainly was a test.

This was not something she noticed. She deliberately did not ask for help in order to test him. I am simply quoting the OP.
Hi JustJulia,

Its been so long I forgot to go back to the OP. Well done. Stan4 is completely busted.

If we were trapped on an island, you could probably point to the coconuts you wanted, and I'd climb up a tree to get them. You know how to make stupid monkeys out of men and bless you for it.

Old 11-16-2009, 04:30 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,549,117 times
You made some good points, but what if she really had know on to help
and you knew this, but still didn't offer? You could twist the scenario a few different ways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Well, this is what I think is the funny thing--my SO would be moving in with ME, or I'd be moving in with her. I wouldn't see a reason for us to be living apart. Since my own housing is involved, I'd certainly help. I'd tell her other friends to "GO AWAY". I wouldn't let THEM help. It's would be my responsibility.

The OP sounds like she's not moving in with him, but to another place, and she has her friends helping her out already.

At work, the only time we're all working on the same task is when we have to sort the freight to the various departments. It's a "cluster****. Anything more than four people to a pallet, you just start getting in each other's way, and it is NOT efficient or organized to have too many people working on that task. Thus, if she's got her friends helping her move, then she doesn't need me--unless she and I are moving in together, then I do not need them.

Old 11-16-2009, 04:35 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,645,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Mizz Pittsburgh View Post
Well, I'm a female and I was in a similar situation last year. Started dating a guy in April and he moved in June. I offered my assistance and he declined. He told me he had his 'boys' helping him. Funny thing is, on moving day, one of his 'boys' asked him where I was. I guess he wanted to know why I wasn't helping. Anyway, the person I was dating told his friend that I offered to help but he told me he didn't need me for anything. The point is I knew he was moving and OFFERED my help to someone who may be in NEED. Moving isn't an easy task. At least I showed some CONCERN, unlike the OP's dude.
Fine, you get the little stuff, and I'll get the big stuff. By myself.

If it's too heavy, because I've packed it for MY capabilities, you don't have to worry about any of it.

Old 11-16-2009, 04:38 PM

I see it as consideration, to extend the offer, not one of entitlement.

The kid with her arse for the world to see, if you had said anything rude,
the parents might have passed you off as some kind of pervert for
noticing in the first place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalculusE. View Post
Princess Entitlement Syndrome. Her way or the highway. Entitled to his help without outright asking in this case...

There is definately a lack of consideration/propriety/politeness in society these days. There are plenty of folks who think they're entitled to your help, respect, consideration while not giving you any in return and/or expecting you to read minds.

My current favorite case of entitled to no criticism from others and a lack of propriety is getting a dirty glance from a mom & dad for daring to look in shock as their 12 year old or so daughter gets out of their car at a gas station right in front of me. First was the full plumber's crack angle (tying her shoe) and then a top of the muffin shot (she went commando that day) after turning around and repositioning her shorts and shirt to walk into the snack store.

I'll admit, I felt entitled to be rude there but I bit my tongue. There was a great playmate of the month in the making line there though. Oh, so tempting.

Old 11-16-2009, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
You made some good points, but what if she really had know on to help
and you knew this, but still didn't offer? You could twist the scenario a few different ways.
If I knew that no one else was helping her, it would be a different story. I wouldn't expect her to move anything heavy. And I'd probably make sure I got her several boxes to help move, if I knew about it a decent enough interval beforehand.

After all, I spend a good deal of time emptying boxes to pack out freight, I should be able to find some good ones. But the fact that she told me that she was moving would be akin, to me, to asking for my help in the first place. Otherwise, why would she tell me?

Old 11-16-2009, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
If I knew that no one else was helping her, it would be a different story. I wouldn't expect her to move anything heavy. And I'd probably make sure I got her several boxes to help move, if I knew about it a decent enough interval beforehand.

After all, I spend a good deal of time emptying boxes to pack out freight, I should be able to find some good ones. But the fact that she told me that she was moving would be akin, to me, to asking for my help in the first place. Otherwise, why would she tell me?
Exactly, then it opens dialog to extend the offer, and she would thank you for the offer or decline, very simple.

Old 11-16-2009, 07:50 PM

881 posts, read 2,253,189 times
this thread reminds me of the latest tweet on Justin (s**tmydadsays)
Quote:
I don't need more friends. You got friends and all they do is ask you to help them move. F**k that. I'm old. I'm through moving s**t.

Old 11-17-2009, 04:53 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,724,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Annie View Post
You used the flimsiest of "evidence" to support your personal bias and discounted all the rest which disputed it. You didn't see any of the comments from women including me telling her that the guy is lucky she doesn't want him?
Yes I did, and I even repped you for them.

Quote:
I think probably you should date the OP - you're biases/warped thought patterns deserve each other.
That's not a very nice thing to say. Maybe you should take the things I say a little more figuratively. It is too cumbersome to put a politically correct disclaimer on every post, that this opinion perhaps does not represent all women, just a large portion of women, who may or may not have figured out what it is that I am talking about.

Old 11-17-2009, 07:19 AM

Quote:
I don't need more friends. You got friends and all they do is ask you to help them move. F**k that. I'm old. I'm through moving s**t.
[/quote]

Make sure you never own a pickup truck either. They won't ask you to help move if you have a Camaro instead of a S-10.

Old 11-17-2009, 07:43 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,688,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncsualum2004 View Post
I saw that and kind of agree. I help out family, and I'd help out good friends who ask. Otherwise, I have my own stuff to do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships