Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2009, 03:59 PM

1,022 posts, read 2,549,720 times

Advertisements

I've been talking to a young lady for a little over a month now. We've been on two dates and were planning a third one tomorrow since we're off of work. She has mentioned coming to my place in the past, and I insisted that I wasn't ready for her to come here. She doesn't have a car and has on several occasions suggested that I come pick her up, bring her here, and drive her back, to which my reply was a snappy "Hell Naw!" Granted, I live in Baltimore. She lives in Lorton, Va. That's 1 hr, 10 mins one way IF I-95 and Capital Beltway are clear.

Some background: she's 22, I'm 27. She's a bit spoiled, parents support her financially (she's a non-paid intern from NY), she went to a prestigious school. etc. I'm currently living below my means to pay off school debt and save up money. I've worked and paid for just about everything I have, and am very humble. She's a bit pretentious. I live in a not-so-great (but good enough for me, temporarily) one bedroom apartment here in Baltimore. I purposely kept it relatively unfurnished. I have a bed, a table, and two chairs. Plus, I'm a bachelor and it's a bit messy in here. I don't think she understands why I live the way I live, and I'm afraid that if she came here she'd spend most of her time whining about how drafty it is, or why she has to sit on a folding chair, or how I should organize the books I have sitting in a container in the middle of the "living room". I don't feel like hearing that.

Although I've explained to her the reasons why I'm not ready for her to visit just yet (I'd like for us to learn more about each other first, anyway), she keeps suggesting that she come here. And each time I tell her no. I think she's probably growing suspicious that I have another female around that I'm humping or doing who knows what with. But I'm tired of her asking. Each time she asks, mentions, or suggests it I feel like I'm being put on the spot. Don't quite know how to handle it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2009, 04:07 PM

3,284 posts, read 3,523,179 times
She doesn't sound like that great of a catch. Next time pick her up and let her in your humble abode. Toss her a schlitz (sp?) and a folding chair. If she doesn't like it, who cares. Maybe you will get a bit liquored up, make some bad decisions, and never have to talk to her again. Good luck, my friend.

Old 11-10-2009, 04:15 PM

3,993 posts, read 8,922,877 times
hell, man.

put away the beer empties, tidy up the pizza boxes, and go for it.
if she's so far up herself, and doesn't like it, she'll never ask again.

my g/f is probably way out of my league on paper.
when she met me, i was a bit overweight, i live in a run down scheme, in a dead end job.
i've been in my flat for 8 years, and still didn't have lampshades!!

i thought i'd never be able to catch her, but she looked past it all.

this girl either keeps asking because she's real curious why you keep saying no, or she's just really into you and wants to see you.

Old 11-10-2009, 04:21 PM

45,319 posts, read 60,489,441 times
She also may want some "quiet time" with you at your place. You didn't mention her living arrangements, that may be the reason she wants to go to your's. She also seems comfortable with you after two dates. What's the worst that can happen? She doesn't like your place. From my perspective she wants to move the relationship along.

Old 11-10-2009, 04:28 PM

850 posts, read 1,545,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Griff View Post
I've been talking to a young lady for a little over a month now. We've been on two dates and were planning a third one tomorrow since we're off of work. She has mentioned coming to my place in the past, and I insisted that I wasn't ready for her to come here. She doesn't have a car and has on several occasions suggested that I come pick her up, bring her here, and drive her back, to which my reply was a snappy "Hell Naw!" Granted, I live in Baltimore. She lives in Lorton, Va. That's 1 hr, 10 mins one way IF I-95 and Capital Beltway are clear.

Some background: she's 22, I'm 27. She's a bit spoiled, parents support her financially (she's a non-paid intern from NY), she went to a prestigious school. etc. I'm currently living below my means to pay off school debt and save up money. I've worked and paid for just about everything I have, and am very humble. She's a bit pretentious. I live in a not-so-great (but good enough for me, temporarily) one bedroom apartment here in Baltimore. I purposely kept it relatively unfurnished. I have a bed, a table, and two chairs. Plus, I'm a bachelor and it's a bit messy in here. I don't think she understands why I live the way I live, and I'm afraid that if she came here she'd spend most of her time whining about how drafty it is, or why she has to sit on a folding chair, or how I should organize the books I have sitting in a container in the middle of the "living room". I don't feel like hearing that.

Although I've explained to her the reasons why I'm not ready for her to visit just yet (I'd like for us to learn more about each other first, anyway), she keeps suggesting that she come here. And each time I tell her no. I think she's probably growing suspicious that I have another female around that I'm humping or doing who knows what with. But I'm tired of her asking. Each time she asks, mentions, or suggests it I feel like I'm being put on the spot. Don't quite know how to handle it.
She's young, and probably wants some nookie from you. Whatever the reason, just slow her down. The car situation...hmmm..there's a bus or train? I can't comment that much on that because I live in California. I would date someone closer to your age and someone that has their sh-- together. She is still in that " My parents pay for everything" mode and she will be like that until she grows up. She must be hot looking if your willing to put up with that....don't complain...

Old 11-10-2009, 04:33 PM

17,633 posts, read 22,624,498 times
Meet her over at the YMCA, Bro.
You can flirt in the Nautilus room.

Old 11-10-2009, 04:42 PM

3,849 posts, read 9,420,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Griff View Post
I'm afraid that if she came here she'd spend most of her time whining
Why in the hell would you want to be with a girl who acts like this? She sounds like a spoiled brat! Why do you settle for that?

Please, do yourself a favor and go out and get a real woman.

Old 11-10-2009, 04:48 PM

273 posts, read 684,401 times
Have her borrow her parents car if she wants to see the place. you should not have to do all that driving.

Old 11-10-2009, 05:21 PM

2,718 posts, read 5,356,058 times
You sound a little ashamed about the way you live and you shouldn't. You are paying back debt, saving and living in a way that allows you to do that quicker. Invite her over and if she whines or complains then you know all you need to about her. It does sound like you already do though.

Old 11-10-2009, 05:24 PM

3,440 posts, read 8,037,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleasach View Post
You sound a little ashamed about the way you live and you shouldn't. You are paying back debt, saving and living in a way that allows you to do that quicker. Invite her over and if she whines or complains then you know all you need to about her. It does sound like you already do though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships