Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2009, 10:28 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,654,488 times

Advertisements

Not here--but another forum I'm on, there are guys busy making the claim that they would have a DNA test done if the woman they were with got pregnant. To "protect" themselves.

I find it preposterous. Do women cheat? Some women may, but there's no need to make sweeping generalizations about ALL women. If you think the person you're with is unfaithful, you shouldn't be with her anyway.

I think that the percentage of cases where the DNA will show that it is NOT the man's child are very small. 1% or less.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2009, 10:57 AM

7,136 posts, read 12,672,933 times
I think if I were a man I'd want to know the child was mine before paying a penny of child support. In these times, people have to protect themselves.

Old 11-05-2009, 11:00 AM

Child support: while the relationship is going fine? Or once it ends, if it does?

If you've been paying "support" for the first 14 years because you were married to the mother, would you run out and have a test done upon divorce? Or would you have the test done at birth? Like I said, I believe most women ARE indeed faithful to their partners.

Old 11-05-2009, 11:03 AM

14,229 posts, read 30,031,639 times
I think it's a good idea if there is ANY doubt.

I have a friend who married a one night stand who just showed up one day saying I'm 6 months PG and it's yours. I would bet a years salary that if the DNA test was done, he's not the father.

Child support is expensive. Marrying the wrong person costs even more. I'd want to know for sure.

Old 11-05-2009, 11:09 AM

440 posts, read 1,030,276 times
If you're in a happy relationship and theres no reason to think the woman is cheating and you ask for a DNA test, I would think u just really Fd up your future with that woman!!

Old 11-05-2009, 11:15 AM

1,072 posts, read 2,702,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Not here--but another forum I'm on, there are guys busy making the claim that they would have a DNA test done if the woman they were with got pregnant. To "protect" themselves.

I find it preposterous. Do women cheat? Some women may, but there's no need to make sweeping generalizations about ALL women. If you think the person you're with is unfaithful, you shouldn't be with her anyway.

I think that the percentage of cases where the DNA will show that it is NOT the man's child are very small. 1% or less.
Do women cheat? Ok, where are you living, and what era are you living on? Lots of women AND men cheat. Haven't you seen any of those afternoon RIcky Lake shows, etc.? There are actually women out there that cheat on their BF/ husband, got pregnant with a baby from the guy she cheats with, and then turn around and claim the BF/ hubby is the father of baby, even though the baby is actually the child of "the other dude".

Old 11-05-2009, 11:18 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,643,353 times
Well, not only do women cheat but men do the same. A man would not have to worry about a DNA test if he'd bag his junk when he's banging some girl - obviously he isn't planning on settling down to get married or the question about DNA wouldn't even come up.
Same for the girls, if you aren' marrying this person, take your pills and use protection. Or else you're ranked right up there with a Maury Povich reject. lol

Old 11-06-2009, 06:13 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,555,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Child support: while the relationship is going fine? Or once it ends, if it does?

If you've been paying "support" for the first 14 years because you were married to the mother, would you run out and have a test done upon divorce? Or would you have the test done at birth? Like I said, I believe most women ARE indeed faithful to their partners.
While I was reading this post, I thought about one of the court/judge programs.
Can't remember which show, woman had this ex locked up for not paying child support and friends had told him over the years he wasn't the father, but never had a DNA done until the show. Turns out he wasn't. Drama.....

Old 11-06-2009, 07:36 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,950,852 times
Now a days men are getting smart to the whole "child support" thing. If they have to pay they want to make sure it is "their" child and not someone elses.

"...one of my friends was paying child support for one of his kids..when he turned 18 he found out it wasn't heessssssss."

Old 11-06-2009, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sms0511 View Post
Do women cheat? Ok, where are you living, and what era are you living on? Lots of women AND men cheat. Haven't you seen any of those afternoon RIcky Lake shows, etc.? There are actually women out there that cheat on their BF/ husband, got pregnant with a baby from the guy she cheats with, and then turn around and claim the BF/ hubby is the father of baby, even though the baby is actually the child of "the other dude".
If 1% of all women cheated on their spouse or S.O., that could provide talk show fodder 24 hours a day, seven days a week. We are a nation of millions.

I say that the odds are AGAINST--not for. It's like people having to put on their seat belts because they MIGHT get into an accident. The odds are against that too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships