Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2009, 11:17 AM

283 posts, read 934,256 times

Advertisements

My boyfriend likes text messaging, most of the time. I say most of the time becasue he , of course, doesn't like it when it seems nagging. We have not been getting along lately. he says he is trying to make it work and we are very active if you know what I mean and he is very affectionate, (he is just an affectionate person, I don't put any meaning into it becasue I have been "fooled" by affectionate men before.) but I am not sure he is really trying. I guess I want to text to see if he responds to me, almost like an indicator of how he's feeling. Or should I leave it alone, give him space and he can text me on his own when he feels like it? It means a lot to me, do I take a chance and it will hurt if he doesn't respond or (and I know someone will probably say don't give him so much power over you emotions) happy if he does.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2009, 11:22 AM

10,172 posts, read 20,778,598 times
If you are having communication problems with your boyfriend, texting is about the worst thing you can do to improve things. Honestly, there is way too much texting going on in place of actual conversations. It's meant for brief messages like "meet me at our favorite place at noon" not for discussing where things have gone wrong or to argue. Start talking to one another more, and texting less.

Old 11-11-2009, 11:25 AM

956 posts, read 1,767,025 times
It depends on the indivudual. I have quite a few girlfriendswho are taciturn about texting (either one-liners or worse, a yes or no) yet they happily chat when face-to-face. I myself love the short message service(sms) and would have commited suicide or mass murder without it

Old 11-11-2009, 11:30 AM

16,224 posts, read 25,661,952 times
Do not text! Let him text you.

Old 11-11-2009, 11:32 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,713,752 times
Text him a virus. That way, if he does not respond, you know why and can forgive him

Old 11-11-2009, 11:32 AM

Im just looking for reassurance, not a conversation. I say hi, he says it back. He is working , but he has the sort of job he can do whatever he likes. Still, , I don't want to be irritating, like oh she wants me to stop and text (even though hi takes 2 seconds.) It would make my day (yes, Ive been told Im lame) to get a hello from him , even if it's in response to one Ive sent. But also would hurt me if I got no response becasue this man literally used to send me 6 texts in an hour , on occasion.

Old 11-11-2009, 11:34 AM

As always, I think you are right. thank-you
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
Do not text! Let him text you.

Old 11-11-2009, 11:44 AM

9,444 posts, read 17,381,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msboom View Post
Im just looking for reassurance, not a conversation. I say hi, he says it back. He is working , but he has the sort of job he can do whatever he likes. Still, , I don't want to be irritating, like oh she wants me to stop and text (even though hi takes 2 seconds.) It would make my day (yes, Ive been told Im lame) to get a hello from him , even if it's in response to one Ive sent. But also would hurt me if I got no response becasue this man literally used to send me 6 texts in an hour , on occasion.
Please, please don't text him.
Look, don't take it the wrong way, I don't want to hurt your feelings, and I do like you, but you sound sooooo clingy. Just give it a rest. Every single thing you wrote indicates that you need to just stop obsessing and over-analyzing everything he does/says and start living your life.

I had never ever in my life chased men. In fact, I always knew that if a man really wants me, he will show up. Men are not like women, on a general, don't sit and obssess over calling/texting etc... Majority of men live their lives, they work, they think about making money, hanging out with the boys, etc... You need to gain the confidence, that if a man wants you, he will come back again and again to be with you. Some men do that even when you push them away. Stop reaching out yourself and give him a chance to reach out to you. If he doesn't, then he just doesn't want you that much.

Old 11-11-2009, 11:50 AM

7,005 posts, read 21,332,413 times
Don't text him!! Text me instead! lol

joking

Old 11-11-2009, 11:51 AM

So by not texting, he may want me more? What can I do to make him want me again? I won't text.
Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
Please, please don't text him.
Look, don't take it the wrong way, I don't want to hurt your feelings, and I do like you, but you sound sooooo clingy. Just give it a rest. Every single thing you wrote indicates that you need to just stop obsessing and over-analyzing everything he does/says and start living your life.

I had never ever in my life chased men. In fact, I always knew that if a man really wants me, he will show up. Men are not like women, on a general, don't sit and obssess over calling/texting etc... Majority of men live their lives, they work, they think about making money, hanging out with the boys, etc... You need to gain the confidence, that if a man wants you, he will come back again and again to be with you. Some men do that even when you push them away. Stop reaching out yourself and give him a chance to reach out to you. If he doesn't, then he just doesn't want you that much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships