Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2009, 06:31 PM

173 posts, read 609,948 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzynblgs View Post
I guess I thought that maybe...one day he would like to marry me.
He's not marriage material, You should be happy it haven't happened yet. He's using you for a housing, food, sex and whatever you're giving him. Why would you want him anyway? he dosn't seem like anything brilliant. Whatever you might tell yourself, i'm quite sure you can find someone better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2009, 06:31 PM

62 posts, read 165,787 times
I am assuming that I may just need to date more and not get into serious relationships. Just feel weird still not married and peeps giving me hard time with my 32 year old no having husband and kids. I like not having kid's and it is not like I am or wuz looking to get married....just wanted it to be with him.

Old 11-11-2009, 06:33 PM

Quote:
I am assuming that I may just need to date more and not get into serious relationships. Just feel weird still not married and peeps giving me hard time with my 32 year old no having husband and kids. I like not having kid's and it is not like I am or wuz looking to get married....just wanted it to be with him.
He's not the one for you, and there is nothing wrong with not beeing married at 32. Don't let them bother you about that, just ignore them. Enjoy your life and the time you have alone, you're going to miss some of it when you do end up finding a nice guy to marry. Getting married isn't everything in life, and shouldn't be your only goal. Date some guys, have a nice time and meet some new people. The first step on this road is throwing out his sorry behind.

Old 11-11-2009, 06:36 PM

3,284 posts, read 3,525,271 times

Old 11-11-2009, 06:41 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,249,698 times
OK, this may sound brutal but here we go...

We are talking about a lover refusing to add you to Facebook...why is it such a big deal?

Old 11-11-2009, 06:50 PM

62 posts, read 165,787 times
It becomes a BIG deal when I am basically the bread winner, the maid, the cook, the assistant...blah,blah. he has a way of coming of as if I was the only one for him, but blocks me out of his life at the same time. His whole entire family (which they really like me a lot) is on there and he is close with them. But I feel like I do more for him than they do.

Old 11-11-2009, 06:53 PM

Quote:
It becomes a BIG deal when I am basically the bread winner, the maid, the cook, the assistant...blah,blah. he has a way of coming of as if I was the only one for him, but blocks me out of his life at the same time. His whole entire family (which they really like me a lot) is on there and he is close with them. But I feel like I do more for him than they do.
That's because right now, you ARE his mother.

Old 11-11-2009, 06:54 PM

6,777 posts, read 13,552,263 times
Facebook. Destroying relationships since 2004.

Old 11-11-2009, 06:55 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,249,698 times
I guess my point is this...in the whole scheme of things, is Facebook the biggest issue? I mean, what is the real issue here? Ten years ago there was no Facebook so it is not a fundamental NEED, so obviously it represents something bigger to you, so perhaps you should look into that piece and not concentrate on Facebook....that is just the poster child of the bigger issue.

Old 11-11-2009, 07:01 PM

3,284 posts, read 3,525,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post
Facebook. Destroying relationships since 2004.
HAHA! Ain't that the truth. I can't tell you how many times people I know have broken up over facebook.

FB and other social networking sites have a way of reconnecting old flings because of misguided feelings of nostalgia as well as connecting complete strangers in a "that person is hot and I'll never get caught" sort of way.

I am literally the only person I know close to my age that doesn't use Facebook and I will always keep it that way. Plus I don't like leaving a footprint of my life for teh world to see.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships