U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2009, 09:15 AM

4,247 posts, read 9,107,457 times

Advertisements

I plan to send a letter along with some personal items to someone's place of work, as I have no other address. At this point it's a battle of wills. He's told me not to, but he doesn't get to tell me what to do anymore.

I don't want to get into details as the situation is just too much of a mess. FWIW, no, I have never been in anything like this before nor am I a crazy person, BUT I won't be ignored, Dan!

Can anyone see any potential problem if I do so?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2009, 09:19 AM

4,941 posts, read 7,037,746 times
I would not send anything personal to his place of work. If it ends up in the wrong hands, it could be a problem for you. Ask him for an alternate address to forward the letter and items or leave it at a mutually agreed upon location.

Old 11-12-2009, 09:21 AM

32,510 posts, read 29,665,419 times
Harrassment = time in a court house

Old 11-12-2009, 09:22 AM

7,735 posts, read 13,873,325 times
Toss it and like your screen name...Move On.

Old 11-12-2009, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Harrassment = time in a court house
Ok, time in a courthouse. I can do that. I don't see where the harassment comes in by my using the USPS to return personal items along with a letter tellling him I won't contact him again - and then sticking to it. It's the kind of a letter exposing him for the scum he is and I would think he'd be hard-pressed to take it to HR.

The only downside to this whole convoluted mess is I worked for his sister company. He can take it to their HR and there go my references. But some things in life are more important than references.

Old 11-12-2009, 09:29 AM

484 posts, read 1,039,405 times
Do you know where he lives? Where a friend might live?

I would not send anything to his work place, especially since he asked you not to.

What I would do is either leave his stuff at one of his friend's place or leave it by where you place your trash 24 hours before the garbage man is scheduled to arrive. Let him know that he has those 24 hours to claim it or the trash man will.

As an aside, he doesn't seem to want this stuff so badly. Why do you want to give it to him so much for?

Old 11-12-2009, 09:35 AM

13,779 posts, read 23,089,511 times
If he told you not to send the items to his place of work and you ignore his request you are harassing him.

Either send it to his home or throw the items in the garbage.

Old 11-12-2009, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enigmaingr View Post
Do you know where he lives? Where a friend might live?

I would not send anything to his work place, especially since he asked you not to.

What I would do is either leave his stuff at one of his friend's place or leave it by where you place your trash 24 hours before the garbage man is scheduled to arrive. Let him know that he has those 24 hours to claim it or the trash man will.

As an aside, he doesn't seem to want this stuff so badly. Why do you want to give it to him so much for?
Hell hath no fury...

I've never been in trouble for anything except for a ticket I got for going 22 mph in a school zone six years ago and they didn't even have the 15 mph sign out. I am tired of scheisters, liars and cheaters and being a victim. I just want to know the worst that can happen.

He has brought this on himself, as far as I am concerned.

Old 11-12-2009, 09:40 AM

9,371 posts, read 17,377,789 times
Send him a message that if he doesn't pick up his belongings by such and such a date, they will be promptly removed from your home and put to the curb the night prior to scheduled garbage pick-up or donated to Good Will and he will be able to purchase them AGAIN at a discount price.

Old 11-12-2009, 09:40 AM

13,779 posts, read 23,089,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movin'on View Post
Hell hath no fury...

I've never been in trouble for anything except for a ticket I got for going 22 mph in a school zone six years ago and they didn't even have the 15 mph sign out. I am tired of scheisters, liars and cheaters and being a victim. I just want to know the worst that can happen.

He has brought this on himself, as far as I am concerned.
Well, harassment charges are not great and with a harassment conviction he could probably obtain restraining orders, etc. which are on your record which can follow you to your place of employment....

Why would you want to give something to someone who clearly does not want it? Get up, brush off and get back on the horse...no need to wallow in the manure you fell in
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships