U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2009, 01:26 PM

65 posts, read 84,620 times

Advertisements

My girlfriend of 7 months discovered an unusual bump on my penis. She immediately suspected me of cheating on her.

On one hand I understand her worries, why is there a bump on my penis? I don't know myself, perhaps it got cut on the jeans zipper; or maybe it's an STD that my girlfriend gave to me and I just don't know it yet.

My girlfriend remembered that recently a female friend of ours asked me to come over to her place to fix wireless Internet. My girlfriend imagined that that must be when I did the bad thing and asked me to recount in all details exactly what the female friend of ours and I did. I recounted everything in great detail, but my girlfriend wasn't satisfied. She seemed to calm down only after I swore on my mother's life that I hadn't had sex with anybody else since we met.

Today, the female friend at whose place I was fixing wireless Internet is throwing a birthday party. My girlfriend says she is sick and doesn't want to go, and that I should go if I want. Even though I want to go to the party, I told my girlfriend I wouldn't go without her. I feel this is the right thing to do under the circumstances. Would you agree?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2009, 01:40 PM

323 posts, read 543,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Long Time Listener View Post
My girlfriend of 7 months discovered an unusual bump on my penis. She immediately suspected me of cheating on her.

On one hand I understand her worries, why is there a bump on my penis? I don't know myself, perhaps it got cut on the jeans zipper; or maybe it's an STD that my girlfriend gave to me and I just don't know it yet.

My girlfriend remembered that recently a female friend of ours asked me to come over to her place to fix wireless Internet. My girlfriend imagined that that must be when I did the bad thing and asked me to recount in all details exactly what the female friend of ours and I did. I recounted everything in great detail, but my girlfriend wasn't satisfied. She seemed to calm down only after I swore on my mother's life that I hadn't had sex with anybody else since we met.

Today, the female friend at whose place I was fixing wireless Internet is throwing a birthday party. My girlfriend says she is sick and doesn't want to go, and that I should go if I want. Even though I want to go to the party, I told my girlfriend I wouldn't go without her. I feel this is the right thing to do under the circumstances. Would you agree?
Under the circumstances, it's probably best that you don't go. Unless you'd like to take your balls back from your gf haha (sorry, I have an awful sense of humor).

Old 11-12-2009, 02:16 PM

826 posts, read 897,804 times
First get yourself checked out and make sure you know what your dealing with on personal level.

Second, forget going to this party or ever associating yourself with her ever again unless your woman is with you. Honestly, this all depends on you and how much your relationship and her mean to you. You don't want to live under a microscope for the remainder of your relationship either, but once you solve the issue on what "it" really is, then her nerves will calm down. Woman will check yo a-- out when stuff like that happens big time, so do her the favor and make sure you know what it is for yourself and the relationship.

Mad props to you, because I don't know how many other men would have admitted that on here.

Old 11-12-2009, 02:37 PM

3,674 posts, read 7,173,903 times
Quote:
Ah yes, give the gift that keeps on giving- clap.

Quote:
On one hand...

That may be the real problem.

Old 11-12-2009, 07:39 PM

45,095 posts, read 56,964,608 times
Quote:

The "right" thing to do is break up with this girlfriend. She is too young and immature and you reward her poor behavior when you kowtow to her this way. This is not a healthy relationship, and there is no trust - which is an essential ingrediant in a successful relationship. Move on.

Old 11-12-2009, 08:02 PM

Ok, there is no trust. But she has a reason not to trust men. She grew up watching her farther cheating on her mother, and even calling home to brag that he was going out with other women and how much fun he had.

She also indicated that she was hurt in prior relationships (although I don't know specifics).

We have a big disagreement about fidelity. I think that cheating is a horrible betrayal that is always premeditated. She thinks cheating can be a simple mistake that doesn't mean anything.

I think bad people that surrounded her in life disfigured her moral standards.

She does say that she wants to believe that it is possible for two people to love each other and to be faithful. And I want to show her that it is real, it happens in real world, it happens when you surround yourself with good people, honest people, people who are not afraid to hold their heads above the water.

Old 11-12-2009, 08:05 PM

7,675 posts, read 9,555,042 times
Quote:
Ok, there is no trust. But she has a reason not to trust men. She grew up watching her farther cheating on her mother, and even calling home to brag that he was going out with other women and how much fun he had.

She also indicated that she was hurt in prior relationships (although I don't know specifics).

We have a big disagreement about fidelity. I think that cheating is a horrible betrayal that is always premeditated. She thinks cheating can be a simple mistake that doesn't mean anything.

I think bad people that surrounded her in life disfigured her moral standards.

She does say that she wants to believe that it is possible for two people to love each other and to be faithful. And I want to show her that it is real, it happens in real world, it happens when you surround yourself with good people, honest people, people who are not afraid to hold their heads above the water.
I completely get why she is acting the way she is; but imagine a lifetime of questions and concerns and no trust. Can you live with that? I think it would drive me mad if my husband questioned my every move just never trusted me.

Old 11-12-2009, 08:10 PM

3,284 posts, read 1,136,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
I completely get why she is acting the way she is; but imagine a lifetime of questions and concerns and no trust. Can you live with that? I think it would drive me mad if my husband questioned my every move just never trusted me.
Oh I had a girlfriend like that once. One time she even made me leave my wallet at home so she knew I wasn't at a club or bar.

Old 11-12-2009, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays1983 View Post
Oh I had a girlfriend like that once. One time she even made me leave my wallet at home so she knew I wasn't at a club or bar.
Yes, but that's even worse. Wouldn't it force you to find a woman at the bar to buy drinks for you?

Old 11-12-2009, 08:15 PM

3,284 posts, read 1,136,055 times
Quote:
Yes, but that's even worse. Wouldn't it force you to find a woman at the bar to buy drinks for you?
Lol, only if I was that resourceful back then.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships