Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2009, 01:35 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,304,138 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by XodoX View Post
Why don't they no longer care about their health? I was jsut browsing through the internet and read several article about STD's and teenagers. They found that a lot of teenagers do not give a **** ( Sorry, but just gotta say it like this) about protection when they have sex. So many will jsut do it without a condom. No questions asked. Talked about two teens who did it outside on the ground. Apparently, they were just horny and decided to do it right there without a condom. Another couple did it at the rest room of the club ( in the stalls - no condom, of course). Someone else just cheated on the boyfriend. Didn't think about protection, either. A friend of mine just told me today that he cheated ( no condom). I think I should let his SO know.

Well, it's not just teens. Even young adults just do it like this. Why is nobody doing something against it? Why are there no anti AIDS TV ads? Why dosen't someone tell them what can happen? It's not just AIDS. It's also genital herpis, hepatitis etc. Can't even get rid of some of those things. It's even worse when you're in a relationship and they obviously don't tell their partner what they did.
I even know of some friends who are like this ( I'm in College ). It seems like it's getting worse by the year. Nothing surprises me anymore. A lot of teens start having sex once they are 14-15.

Why do you think that is? Why is everybody so careless these days? Why do so many people no longer value real relationships? If you can't trust him or her, then it's over.

I was really shaken up by this. It's just all about sex now, nothing more.

I'd guess that more teens wear condoms now than just about any point in history-since condoms didn't exist for most of history. People are likely not acting much different than they ever have.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2009, 02:20 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,925,220 times
Teens are more balls than brains, hopefully as they age the ratio reverses.

Old 11-13-2009, 02:35 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,010,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Yep.

Parents SHOULD be the first line of defense in protecting teens from their own ignorance.

When they are, you see great results and successful, accomplished teens.
When they aren't we get girls with 3 baby-daddies and boys with no ambition to do anything with their lives. SAD.
Oh, Lordy, don't even get me started on the parents. When mummy has gone through three well-off husbands, the family tree looks like a vine and she's usually three sheets to the wind or mummy has lived on welfare, has a steady stream of boyfriends and addictions, the kids model the behavior.

Make no mistake -- there is no difference really between the rich and poor kids in bad behavior. The rich kids do coke, the poor kids do pot and sniff paint; the rich kids get abortions, the poor kids get babies.

I taught at both private and public schools -- same problems, different responses, and surprisingly few responsible, normal parents who guided their kids well.

Old 11-13-2009, 04:24 PM

438 posts, read 947,054 times
Yes, it kills me just how bad some people are at parenting. The kids I see at school don't have any manners, for the most part. They don't address people respectfully. They don't even try to pretend they're doing what they're supposed to be doing.
God, when I was in high school, we at least passed notes or whispered, or hid books underneath our desks to read....trying not to get caught by the teacher. Now they think it's no big deal to converse loudly with somebody across the room, during class. When they want to get my attention, they shout at me "hey, lady" and try to refer to me as "teacher person." WTH??? I have a freakin' name and I expect them to use it.
Some of them are obviously better raised than others and I can see the looks on their faces when their classmates are acting like dumbasses. There are some who I can tell would like to act out, but their parents work at the school and they fear what I'll tell them. The ones who won't control themselves have nothing to fear...their parents don't care, or worse, stick up for them!

Old 11-13-2009, 04:52 PM

19,635 posts, read 12,226,539 times
It's hard to fathom how girls think having a baby is cool. Is leisure time so lousy for teens these days that there is nothing fun to look forward to? My teenage neice seldom goes out to do anything fun. Geez, there is a lot to do since she and her friends have cars and they live near the beach and mountians. They don't even hang at the mall or someone's house. They don't explore or cruise around or make mischief - all the things that make that time of life exciting. Those things used to be a big reason having a baby was terrible - missing all the FUN. I hope some kids are still having a good time in their youth.

Old 11-13-2009, 11:34 PM

3,440 posts, read 8,040,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by XodoX View Post
Why don't they no longer care about their health? I was jsut browsing through the internet and read several article about STD's and teenagers. They found that a lot of teenagers do not give a **** ( Sorry, but just gotta say it like this) about protection when they have sex. So many will jsut do it without a condom. No questions asked. Talked about two teens who did it outside on the ground. Apparently, they were just horny and decided to do it right there without a condom. Another couple did it at the rest room of the club ( in the stalls - no condom, of course). Someone else just cheated on the boyfriend. Didn't think about protection, either. A friend of mine just told me today that he cheated ( no condom). I think I should let his SO know.

Well, it's not just teens. Even young adults just do it like this. Why is nobody doing something against it? Why are there no anti AIDS TV ads? Why dosen't someone tell them what can happen? It's not just AIDS. It's also genital herpis, hepatitis etc. Can't even get rid of some of those things. It's even worse when you're in a relationship and they obviously don't tell their partner what they did.
I even know of some friends who are like this ( I'm in College ). It seems like it's getting worse by the year. Nothing surprises me anymore. A lot of teens start having sex once they are 14-15.

Why do you think that is? Why is everybody so careless these days? Why do so many people no longer value real relationships? If you can't trust him or her, then it's over.

I was really shaken up by this. It's just all about sex now, nothing more.

It's only the tip of the iceberg. If you really want some answers to your questions, you can find them in this free e book: the deliberate dumbing down of america

Old 11-13-2009, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
I'd guess that more teens wear condoms now than just about any point in history-since condoms didn't exist for most of history.
You might have a point, but today, it appears that more people have random sex partners than ever before.

Old 11-13-2009, 11:51 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
a late friend an MD told me several years ago there was a sunami of AIDS cases coming from the teenybop sector. it takes 7 years for physical symptoms to show. natures perfect killer. of course everybody looking for a magic fix to AIDS.
if you have not already noticed america spends 15% of its GNP on medical but is substantially sicker & die younger than many other countries. we like da quick fix.
have you figured out yet that if we run out of money a whole lota people are guna die?

Last edited by Huckleberry3911948; 11-14-2009 at 12:04 AM..

Old 11-13-2009, 11:59 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,557,959 times
When your a teen you think your infallible, they see ppl like Magic Johnson
and think its no big deal.

Old 11-14-2009, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post

Parents SHOULD be the first line of defense in protecting teens from their own ignorance.

Yes, but in 2009, BOTH parents are working like dogs so children are being raised by the media/entertainment. The only way to fix it is for America to go back to when only 1 salary per household could take care of a family of 4! It can be done, but the masses have got to demand it.

Until then, egregious CEO salaries will still be paid out, companies will continue to treat laypeople as expendable, and industrys will continue to be exported overseas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships