Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2009, 02:41 PM

3,440 posts, read 5,706,169 times

Advertisements

When people want others to be perfect when they are not perfect themselves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2009, 04:51 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,630,572 times
Nagging from what I have seen never works as all it inspires is passive aggressiveness on the other party.

Men that accept nagging are weak already and hence their way of dealing with it can be anything from being even less responsible to cheating.

For me, I already have one Mom, don't need another. I do my own laundry, cooking, shopping, fixing my car, cleaning the house, paying bills, etc. and don't need a busybody to remind me to do those chores.

Old 11-16-2009, 04:57 PM

2,035 posts, read 5,028,244 times
Thank you wanneroo..Nagging is an instant..get out quickly..

One of my Aunts is like this..i love her to death but boy does she nag my uncle..Always makes comments degrading the days he was in law enforcement.. or something else which is obsurd. As for him, i wish i had such patience

Old 11-16-2009, 05:08 PM

8,003 posts, read 11,703,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by si33 View Post
Thank you wanneroo..Nagging is an instant..get out quickly..

One of my Aunts is like this..i love her to death but boy does she nag my uncle..Always makes comments degrading the days he was in law enforcement.. or something else which is obsurd. As for him, i wish i had such patience
To the last 2 posters.... what is nagging and what is reminding?....or asking if you were going to do something still? Seriously, I'm curious and really want to know....as are probably a whole lot of other women out there. Let's say.....you're married...the kitchen sink is leaking....has been leaking for the last 2 weeks (hypothetically), wife asks hubby on his day off, "Hon, will you fix the plumbing today." Honey says, "yeah, I was gonna do that today" Hubby was in the middle of a football game though and doesn't get to it. Second day off....wife is ticked, faucet's leaking still, getting worse, ruining the floor under the sink, etc. "Hon, I thought you were gonna fix the plumbing yesterday." "Yeah, I know, but I forgot." Wife..."Well, you wanna get it done today before we need to replace the cabinet and floor too?" Hubby says *@%&$ Stop NAGGING at me!!

Okay y'all is this nagging? reminding? harping? or should wifey say ^&*(%&&^ I'll just hire a plumber for $120 an hour and leave him to watch football......cuz I know a couple of gals who do that. Hubbies get MAD! but hey, they don't like to be nagged at...don't like that $300 plumbers bill either though. LOL

Old 11-16-2009, 05:15 PM

Nagging..and harping is the constant ring in a man's ear that is not required to get something done..And if a man is watching Football..or any sort of sport, that is not a good time to remind..and, why couldn't the wife fix it herself??..if it bothered her so much??...she is perfectly capable of using a wrench isn't she??..My mom could..

Reminding is simply..and casually asking that something be done.. When anyone..including a woman nags, men simply tune it out..or disappear to get away from all that noise..

Old 11-16-2009, 05:26 PM

8,003 posts, read 11,703,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by si33 View Post
Nagging..and harping is the constant ring in a man's ear that is not required to get something done..And if a man is watching Football..or any sort of sport, that is not a good time to remind..and, why couldn't the wife fix it herself??..if it bothered her so much??...she is perfectly capable of using a wrench isn't she??..My mom could..

Reminding is simply..and casually asking that something be done.. When anyone..including a woman nags, men simply tune it out..or disappear to get away from all that noise..
Thanks for that.....you have verified, at least for me that I am definitely not a nagger. Oh...on the "fix it herself" note... You need to understand something about most women and what society has done to them.... most women have been told, for so many generations, that they CAN'T do those things....the biggest share of them wouldn't have a clue how to do it. A whole lot of men I know wouldn't ALLOW their wives to go near their toolboxes! The hubby would likely find himself wishing HE would have hired a plummer. LOL I know several "older" females though.....who work full time jobs and are expected to do pretty much everything they were doing BEFORE they started working full time. They REFUSE to learn to do home repair things, because their experience has shown that the more they learn to do, the less their man will do. Needless to say, they both work 8 hr days, but she is the only one who puts in an extra 8 on the home front AND works both of her "days off" around the home while he goes "hunting", watches television, hangs out with his buddies, etc.

Old 11-16-2009, 06:13 PM

Why is it all about what "society" says.. are we not able to think and do for ourselves.. Id gladly allow my girlfriend or wife to use my tools..Just as much as i would offer to show her how to fix something like that..it is her choice to refuse..and not learn..

And as far as the "men go Hunting, fishing, Watch television. etc " on their day(s) off..it is one's choice as to what they decide to do on their time off..no one said you couldn't do the same things or go have a girl's night out..It is all about choices..

Old 11-16-2009, 07:02 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,630,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmel View Post
To the last 2 posters.... what is nagging and what is reminding?....or asking if you were going to do something still? Seriously, I'm curious and really want to know....as are probably a whole lot of other women out there. Let's say.....you're married...the kitchen sink is leaking....has been leaking for the last 2 weeks (hypothetically), wife asks hubby on his day off, "Hon, will you fix the plumbing today." Honey says, "yeah, I was gonna do that today" Hubby was in the middle of a football game though and doesn't get to it. Second day off....wife is ticked, faucet's leaking still, getting worse, ruining the floor under the sink, etc. "Hon, I thought you were gonna fix the plumbing yesterday." "Yeah, I know, but I forgot." Wife..."Well, you wanna get it done today before we need to replace the cabinet and floor too?" Hubby says *@%&$ Stop NAGGING at me!!

Okay y'all is this nagging? reminding? harping? or should wifey say ^&*(%&&^ I'll just hire a plumber for $120 an hour and leave him to watch football......cuz I know a couple of gals who do that. Hubbies get MAD! but hey, they don't like to be nagged at...don't like that $300 plumbers bill either though. LOL
That's right, hire a plumber. He can probably fix it better anyways. And if hubby gets the bill it will be real incentive to do it next time.

What I have is a To Do list. I buy legal pads and write everything down I need to do or buy or whatever. I'm more than happy to put things on my list for other people but there are limits and boundaries.

Life is for living and if there are so many things that come about that a husband needs nagged about relentlessly, then what I say is it's time to simplify your life. I see a lot of people make work for themselves and complicate their life to shout to the world that they are busy people with big lives. However they've got it the wrong way around.

People that have 4 acre lawns that take a day to mow, hundreds of collectibles in the house to dust, five bathrooms for 4 people, a boat, a pool, kids that have too many after school activities, too many volunteer or church meetings and events, and so on, they are self creators of their own problem.

I think what never works is no one likes to be talked to like a little child.

Old 11-16-2009, 10:58 PM

2,638 posts, read 6,009,247 times
*rubs hands together in anticipation*

Here it is. Some of these come from the little old man from Pasadena, mind.

- If she tells you that she wants flawless teeth (mind you...clean teeth is one thing. Fairly straight teeth is one thing. Nobody has flawless teeth that didn't pay for them to be installed), that's picky. (Little old man from Pasadena)

- If she tells you that she can't date you if you can't dance...that's picky. (Little old man from Pasadena)

- If she tells you that she can't date you because you're too skinny...when you're nearly double her weight? That's picky.

- If she tells you that she can't date you because you're "too nice", that's picky.

- If she tells you that she can only date men of two specific races....that's picky.

- If she tells you that she only dates guys in the military....that's picky.

- If she tells you that she can't date you because you have different musical tastes...that's picky.

- If she tells you that she isn't attracted to guys with short hair, yet is attracted to bald guys...that's picky.

- If she tells you that cologne gives her a headache yet she slathers on perfume or body scent...that's picky.

- If she asks you to help her pick something to wear, yet is never happy with anything you pick...that's picky.

Summary: If a female refuses to just get to know a nice guy regardless of whether he's the "perfect man" (which BTW does not exist), she's picky. If she comes up with every excuse in the book not to date you, that's picky.

Old 11-17-2009, 02:03 AM

5,313 posts, read 6,088,307 times
If you wont date a man because hes your size or an inch smaller in 6 inch heels u wear a few times a month
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships