Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2009, 04:50 PM

1,008 posts, read 2,074,652 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurenaus View Post
it just sounds like its easier for you to pull foreign women which would naturally attribute to you favoring them over american women. Living abroad as an american gives you a mystique that the opposite sex will be drawn to (this also depending on the country you're living in). I myself am currently studying in Australia and get a nice dose of attention due to my american "accent" and i'm not complaining!!

My observations of the women here is that while they are a bit dressier on friday nights (this could also be because I'm living in flashy Sydney) their mannerisms are no more feminine than the average american girl.

You say that when people move to America they act very different (I can easily counteract this statement using my parents and/or relatives as an example who happened to move here years ago) ..and that 20-25% of us aren't the way you've described us which is why we shouldn't get offended..im curious as to where you're getting these "facts" from

I'm a California Bear as well and if anything the women here are pretty loud about their femininity. You mentioned that a couple indicators of being feminine include the way girls dress and present themselves. Well I'm surrounded by women who go to great lengths to make sure their nails are done, their hair styled and long, their makeup carefully applied...I always run into at least one or two girls who are shopping at the grocery store with their heels on. I can't imagine that their mannerisms would greatly contradict the way they physically present themselves. There's an abundance of those girls here and I feel that if you dated enough of them while in the states, you wouldn't be posting a whole passive aggressive thread generalizing the female population of America based on one date that sounded more like an interrogation than your average date. Also, based on your posts i get the general feeling that you don't enjoy a challenge when pursuing women (this not entirely relating to your recent bizarre encounter) and in that case I can see why you prefer the women who currently surround you
I've been to Australia and I must say, Australia is very, very similar to the USA. The Australians are like our long lost cousins. Our countries formed in a similar way and our cultures are very similar. To me it just felt like I was still in the USA most of the time.

And I'm not basing the entire female population on one date I've have dated many, many, many women in the US. I was just using that as an example. People on this forum jump to conclusions too much.

Last edited by TheCaliforniaBear; 11-16-2009 at 04:59 PM..

Old 11-16-2009, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
No, many of them may seem cold and aloof because they've had to adapt to their environment. An attractive women in this country can anticipate an additional level of challenges related to her appearance.

Take this forum for example. Many of the women on CD have had to take their profile pics down or make them private because they get cyber-stalked or unsolicited messages that are candid to say the least. Women have to conduct themselves in a different manner if they want to avoid being hit on constantly or being looked at strictly as eye candy and nothing more. Often, men mistake a friendly hello and a smile as a marriage proposal, right away they let their fantasies run wild over a simple hello.

Hence an attractive woman needs to be a little more reserved than a man. How many times have you seen guys who get shot down in a bar or club and right away they call the girl a stuck-up b*tch?

I'm guessing you have been spoiled with the attention that comes so easily to you overseas, and now you haven't got the patience to work for it. Not a big deal, but don't try to say that the problem lies with American women.
I totally agree with you here.

Very attractive women in the USA often get sexually harassed and hounded by men. So they put up a tough facade to deal with it.

That's actually one of the first things I noticed the very first time I left the US. There were hot women walking around everywhere, but all the guys were basically ignoring them and they were all living peacefully together. In the USA, when a hot woman comes around guys act like starving dogs when a big chicken leg just got thrown out to them. At the very least the guys will gawk and stare with no respect at all. It's a messed up situation.

Old 11-16-2009, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnoliaThunder View Post
For all you guys who have problems with American women -- attached is a link to your kind of guy. Enjoy. And please for the sake of all of us US women -- stay in Asia, or South America, or wherever you think the "pickins" are better.
Erik Von Markovik - Mystery Method, Pick Up Women, Fan Site, Pics, Videos, and more.
Sure, the problem is with us, not you. Keep on telling yourself that

Why are some of you all in such outright denial about this? Many, many, many books and articles have been written about this. It's a very real phenomenon in American culture. It seems like some of you are just choosing to take it personally and get defensive and emotional.

By the way, what kind of crappy article was that? I could have wrote up that drivel in 10 minutes.

Old 11-16-2009, 09:52 PM

20,581 posts, read 19,247,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laurenaus View Post
yet another observation that cannot be labeled as a product of american society. I see it happen here too when an attractive girl walks by--the point that it's a result of a collective weight problem is irrelevant here. Or even in socal where thin, pretty girls are a dime a dozen...
Hi laurenaus,

I consider Australia to be part of the Anglo sphere.

Old 11-17-2009, 07:23 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,540,417 times
We only have problems with women that expect "perfection"...and so never think that there ARE any good guys left out there.

Old 11-17-2009, 02:54 PM

10,364 posts, read 20,734,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCaliforniaBear View Post
Sure, the problem is with us, not you. Keep on telling yourself that

Why are some of you all in such outright denial about this? Many, many, many books and articles have been written about this. It's a very real phenomenon in American culture. It seems like some of you are just choosing to take it personally and get defensive and emotional.
Well the problem that I have with it is that what you wrote in the first post does not describe me at all, and I'm pretty sure I'm not the only exception to the "American woman rule." I know lots of nice women who don't act like that, and maybe it's because I'm in Missouri--who knows. I have never put a guy thru the whole job interview scenario, and my dating luck is probably about average, when I am dating.

Old 11-17-2009, 03:14 PM

20,581 posts, read 19,247,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
Well the problem that I have with it is that what you wrote in the first post does not describe me at all, and I'm pretty sure I'm not the only exception to the "American woman rule." I know lots of nice women who don't act like that, and maybe it's because I'm in Missouri--who knows. I have never put a guy thru the whole job interview scenario, and my dating luck is probably about average, when I am dating.
Hi stepka,

I am not sure why anyone would worry about stereotypes anyway. There is often truth to them but they are easily overcome. If anything, the ineptitude of my competition would encourage me. Any women more or less enlightened in the means of seduction will find easy pickings locally even if the international reputation suffers.

I was just looking over my year book. People thought I was a "burn out" in high school. Why? Because my older brother was a burn out and I got his hand me downs. The entry in the year book was gushing with praise on how I utterly violated the stereotype of a burn out. I had a passive fashion sense at that time and just wore what was there. So given the expectation, I stood out.

I remember my 3 years older brother and his friends with joints and bongs just telling me to take one hit. I drove them nuts because they could not get me to crack. Peer pressure is a complete mystery to me.

Old 11-17-2009, 03:22 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,605,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
I believe there are a lot of reasonable minded, decent American women out there. I haven't had the best luck getting hooked up with them for various reasons, but I do believe there are plenty of them out there.

However I'm not going to rule out any international women and will certainly enjoy my travels.

Old 11-18-2009, 08:06 PM

American people in general tend to be rather rude. It's not just the women.

Old 11-18-2009, 09:20 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,031,776 times
I really can't blame any men if they don't want to date American women. Trust me, I've been there.

I wonder what the women are like in Eastern Europe or Brazil.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships