Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2007, 12:52 AM

2,141 posts, read 7,865,847 times

Advertisements

No, because it's not emotional, so it's not uncomfortable. Chances are you're not going to see the person again, therefore, there is no emotional stress or worries involved. There is no pressure about who's going to call first, or caring about what the person thinks about you, because you don't care about what they think. They're not significant to you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2007, 01:03 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,405,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by conversationist View Post
I have a few friends who go to Bars and are always picking up women.

One friend will pick up a different woman every Friday night. If he goes to a bar and does not pick up a woman that night he will feel like a failure. The funny thing is he sees the same people in the bar every weekend. If he sees someone he had picked up before he will act like they are invisible and he is only interested in someone he has not met before.

I ask him if he is ill at ease being so close physically and emotionally with someone he has never met. We all know how hard it is to talk to people we do not know well. Then it should be so much more difficult having sexual and romantic relations with someone who we do not really know.

Are you ill at ease the first time you try to get sexual or romantic with someone new?
i agree it would sure bother me.
mostly beause of aids aids does not show on a blood test for 90 days.
aids will not show up as any physical symptom for 7 years, you gota get a physical to detect it.
25% of knowing aids carriers do not tell their partners they got it.
some sectors of the population, carry up to 50% of all aids cases, though making up small percentage of total population, thus bearing a terrible stigma.
many many people do not know they have aids.
stephen s

Old 10-27-2007, 05:05 AM

249 posts, read 473,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaykay View Post
I can't even believe I'm commenting on this thread, but oh, well. Indulge the rantings of an old lady here (I'm 51!) Someone on the religion forum said I have a definite "mom vibe" which doesn't offend me at all!

So here it comes: I'm surprised that, morality issues aside, that people are still having a lot of casual sex due to AIDS in this day and time. Seems risky to me.
Kay Kay

I was thinking the same thing....... and I am glad someone else has mentioned this... I am 30 and I am scare to death of catching something that could slowly brake down my immune system and a cold kills me ......
You know condom are great inventions but.... if my understanding is correct condoms can break and then I have two issues to deal with.... a possible STD and a pregnancy from someone that does not even know my middle name.....

CityGIRL72
Aren't you afraid of catching something that could kill you..... from someone that does not even know your hearts desire....

I guess maybe I am kinda old fashion in my thinking..... That I need to know and have an idea who this man is ... what is his character like, is he honest ....unless a person character does not matter anymore.. is it just arbitrary sex if the consequences is death or an STD you are married to for life......

Old 10-27-2007, 08:37 AM

3,020 posts, read 25,730,853 times
Default Wow, can this really be what people are doing........

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisak64 View Post
No, because it's not emotional, so it's not uncomfortable. Chances are you're not going to see the person again, therefore, there is no emotional stress or worries involved. There is no pressure about who's going to call first, or caring about what the person thinks about you, because you don't care about what they think. They're not significant to you.
H,mmm so folks want a jump without any pressure or stress whatever that is. Believe me, I have no problem with calling or doing the normal social stuff. But I sure want to know a bit more about my Hot Date than her name. What is so stressful about getting a lil Strange. Sailors have a long, long history of any port in a storm. Never heard of one being Uncomfortable or suffering Post Beach Sydrome after a night ashore. Just close your eyes when they kiss you, it will be Ok.

I don't see the part about being uncomfortable. If that is the case just get a bag and put it over each others head. If you are drunk who cares, they should look better.

The real worry should be the chance at catching some type of STD. You can get self test kits and they are quick and easy to use. Just a few drops of blood. No way would I be poking something strange without some hard copy paper that sezs it is Ok. Your right hand should not be a stranger or be infected in most cases, there are other avenues.

After all it is so much fun to slice your finger and spread blood all over the place to see who has what. Like when having a coffee, you do yours, she does hers. Like I am looking ok over here Babe, how about you? Those lil test kits show a couple of red lines. One line in the Control Position is Ok, if you get another red line in the Test Position it is going to be a long evening. You should be at least carrying the HIV kit, looks like a microscope glass slide sort of thing. Costs about $20. Even then as mentioned it may not show if they have a very recent infection. Most knowledgable folks are scared stiff today about this stuff.

To be very safe only mess with confirmed Virgins and have them tested twice.

I can't believe anybody is still doing the olde shoot & scoot method with personages of unknown origins, no matter your forms of slick protection. Just another form of suicide.

If you need wild thrills, take up phone sex with a hot 90 year old something. Just make sure he / she lives at least four states away from you.

Old 10-27-2007, 10:45 AM

2,433 posts, read 6,677,129 times
Quote:

One friend will pick up a different woman every Friday night. If he goes to a bar and does not pick up a woman that night he will feel like a failure. The funny thing is he sees the same people in the bar every weekend. If he sees someone he had picked up before he will act like they are invisible and he is only interested in someone he has not met before.

I ask him if he is ill at ease being so close physically and emotionally with someone he has never met. We all know how hard it is to talk to people we do not know well. Then it should be so much more difficult having sexual and romantic relations with someone who we do not really know.

Are you ill at ease the first time you try to get sexual or romantic with someone new?
Back in college and in the military I knew many guys like this as well. Especially one particular roommate I had. But I have to say although it was very easy for him to meet and pickup women he almost never had an emotional attachment to them. Ever see 'Two and a Half Men'? It was something like that.

For him picking up women was a game. He had his rap down. He knew exactly what to say and what not to say. He had absolutely no ego at all. And he knew who to look for. But remember, he couldn't do somethng like this unless there were women out there that wanted the exact same thing.

For him it was a numbers game. A certain percentage of women were always going to say no, a certain percentage were always going to say yes. When he was rejected it didn't bother him in the least and he would simply move on to his next potential romantic interest. He got rejected far more than not, but his line of thought was 20 women could say no as long as he could find one that would say yes.

Old 10-27-2007, 01:15 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,940,301 times
That is what a lot of gay guys think too but we run into each other at the same bars and dance clubs and know the same friends and hence rumors and bad stories spread about if the one-night stand was REALLLY awful or uncomfortable. So be careful either way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisak64 View Post

Old 10-27-2007, 10:38 PM

2,141 posts, read 7,865,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic View Post
H,mmm so folks want a jump without any pressure or stress whatever that is. Believe me, I have no problem with calling or doing the normal social stuff. But I sure want to know a bit more about my Hot Date than her name. What is so stressful about getting a lil Strange. Sailors have a long, long history of any port in a storm. Never heard of one being Uncomfortable or suffering Post Beach Sydrome after a night ashore. Just close your eyes when they kiss you, it will be Ok.

I don't see the part about being uncomfortable. If that is the case just get a bag and put it over each others head. If you are drunk who cares, they should look better.

The real worry should be the chance at catching some type of STD. You can get self test kits and they are quick and easy to use. Just a few drops of blood. No way would I be poking something strange without some hard copy paper that sezs it is Ok. Your right hand should not be a stranger or be infected in most cases, there are other avenues.

After all it is so much fun to slice your finger and spread blood all over the place to see who has what. Like when having a coffee, you do yours, she does hers. Like I am looking ok over here Babe, how about you? Those lil test kits show a couple of red lines. One line in the Control Position is Ok, if you get another red line in the Test Position it is going to be a long evening. You should be at least carrying the HIV kit, looks like a microscope glass slide sort of thing. Costs about $20. Even then as mentioned it may not show if they have a very recent infection. Most knowledgable folks are scared stiff today about this stuff.

To be very safe only mess with confirmed Virgins and have them tested twice.

I can't believe anybody is still doing the olde shoot & scoot method with personages of unknown origins, no matter your forms of slick protection. Just another form of suicide.

If you need wild thrills, take up phone sex with a hot 90 year old something. Just make sure he / she lives at least four states away from you.
I've been married for 15 years so I'm long out of the one-night stand lifestyle. I don't know what the dating scene is like nowdays, but when I was dating in the mid 80's to early 90's, no one I knew were doing pre-hook up AIDS tests or dating virgins. I know that I don't have AIDS because I had a test when I got married and then again after I had been married for 10 years. I suppose many of us were lucky?

Old 10-27-2007, 11:06 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,950,740 times
Quote:

Your friends a Pimp. Learn his ways.

Old 10-27-2007, 11:21 PM

223 posts, read 694,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by poprocksncoke View Post
Casual sex is not for me. Even when I was single and had casual sex.. I literally got nothing from it.

I need the emotion. Makes it a million times better!
Post of a lifetime. Totally agreed.

Old 10-27-2007, 11:25 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,405,055 times
Quote:

i would be really afraid of aids. 25% of aid carrying partners do not tell their mate. aids takes 90 days to show on a blood test. 7 years for physical symptoms to show. this is just too deadly. not worth a thrill off a bar stool.
take the long way home.
stephen s
san diego ca
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships