Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2009, 01:31 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,557,959 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
Get the book "The Gift of Fear" By Gavin De Becker it talks about this very thing and there was another thread on this very subject not too long ago.

Why is this....

Good book Thursday007, I recommend it as well.
The book also includes the profile of a stalker,
the authors expertise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2009, 02:14 PM

8,003 posts, read 11,724,506 times
I believe it's your survival instincts......or something a bit higher up that that? Keep arms length and be careful. Trust your instincts....never let anyone tell you otherwise. Mine are generally spot on...and it doesn't take long for my "gut feelings" to be affirmed....sometimes in very drastic ways. It has saved not only myself, my husband, and my children from harm many times. The times I didn't trust those instincts....were painful and sometimes costly, indeed.

Old 11-16-2009, 02:42 PM

14,229 posts, read 30,034,466 times
I don't get those feelings very often but when I do, I listen. It's saved me heartache in the past. I don't know if I've missed out on anything great because of this. I guess it's possible but I didn't hang around to find out.

Old 11-16-2009, 02:54 PM

8,514 posts, read 4,494,038 times
Whew! I'm glad to hear that I'm not alone on picking up a negative vibe on certain people. Thankfully I don't run into very much.

However, there is one person who consistently gives me a bad vibe, it's the husband of a good friend. I didn't especially care from him from the get-go. My friends seems to think that because she & I are close, that I should be close to him too. I'm not, and never will be due to this ongoing bad vibe even though they've been married 10 yrs, the vibe hasn't gone away. I am cordial to him, but distant because I don't trust him. I can just about tolerate him for a dinner, but my friend who lives in a distant town, wants me to come spend the weekend. No way.

Old 11-16-2009, 03:11 PM

1,914 posts, read 7,149,376 times
I always trust my gut instinct. I am with you If I get a bad vibe I am ususally right. Same thing with meeting people who are "closet gays". I get the vibe and I am usually right. Not that there's anything wrong with that...

Old 11-16-2009, 05:10 PM

22,178 posts, read 19,221,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
I have ignored my instincts and better judgment most of my life. Thinking back, just about every person I felt poorly about turned out to be a huge disappointment or worse. I've been learning, over the last few years, to pay attention to these feelings
Trust your gut
trust your instincts

from your post it sounds like based on your own personal experience you have learned that it's time to start paying attention to and following your intuition

Old 11-16-2009, 05:28 PM

8,411 posts, read 39,262,240 times
I notice a lot of "bad" people also have common mannerisms. There is this one person I always got a bad vibe off that is a friend of the s.o. He just seemed to develop into a girl using type which does not fly with me. The s.o. only gets the random update on him everyonce in awhile and does not hang out with him anymore. The user currently moved back into town and he said "guess what (x) is doing"

Held an envelope to my head like carson and blathered: "living with an asian girl who is paying all the bills while he is unemployed and dabbling with (x) in 'politics' ". He cracked up as I was spot on.

I also notice there is a white pin light in severly bad people's pupil. I am sure there has to be a biological reason for that bright white pin light as I have pointed it out to others. Its the "crazy eyes" glitter that everyone gets when elevated but with bad people...its always there.
I see it in a lot of cops too.

Old 11-16-2009, 05:44 PM

12,115 posts, read 33,686,080 times
Default yes

a common trait of theirs is they talk in conning generalizations, leaving out the part you don't want to hear when they are trying to **ck you from behind

and I love catching them in their act too!!!

Old 11-16-2009, 05:51 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,557,959 times
Thats the truth, I've enjoyed my Nancy Drew role on the forum too!

Old 11-16-2009, 06:14 PM

12,115 posts, read 33,686,080 times
Default yes Pitt

that spot in the eye is them figuring out how they can use the person they're looking at to get over or seize the opportunity--at the person they're looking at's expense!!

ever notice how bad people either make too strong eye contact(they're trying to intimidate) or they can't look you in the eye(they can't even believe their own crap themselves and can't even bear to ********* tho they'd certainly like to)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships