Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2009, 10:02 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,543,386 times

Advertisements

True, why wouldn't they think they've got everyone fooled?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2009, 07:21 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,637,581 times
I'm usually not good at reading other people, and don't get "bad vibes". Then again, it's safer not to trust anyone if you can avoid it.

Old 11-17-2009, 08:05 AM

22,137 posts, read 19,195,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlrl View Post
both were the type who would give you the most intense eye contact
"intense" is a recipe for drama, a code word for "off balance"

Old 11-17-2009, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant View Post
Its the "crazy eyes" glitter that with bad people...its always there. I see it in a lot of cops too.
i remember reading that cops and criminals share nearly identical psychological profiles, so it makes sense what you say. they use it to different "causes" but i agree with you.

(whenever i hear "crazy eyes" i think of Jack Nicholson in 'The Shining')

Old 11-17-2009, 08:15 AM

13,285 posts, read 15,295,431 times
Let's try and look at this situation rationally.

Take 4 options

1) Bad Person gives bad vibes
2) Bad Person gives good vibes
3) Good Person gives good vibes
4) Good Person gives bad vibes

Everyone here immediately states #1. When there is a bad person they give off bad vibes that I can recognize.

Let's throw out number three for this exercise. If that offends you, you can plug it back in at the end.

Now, if you claim that you can always recognize a bad person because of the bad vibes that they send off has any of the following ever happened to you?

You've picked up 'bad vibes' from a person that has actually been good?
You've failed to pick up 'bad vibes' from a person that is bad?

If so, I suggest that you quit reading people's vibes.

If you've either failed to pick up a bad person's bad vibes or picked up bad vibes from a good person then you can't pick up vibes.

And any person that you've decided to be 'bad' based upon your faulty sense of 'vibe' detection could have been someone spectacular.

Old 11-17-2009, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
If you've either failed to pick up a bad person's bad vibes or picked up bad vibes from a good person then you can't pick up vibes. And any person that you've decided to be 'bad' based upon your faulty sense of 'vibe' detection could have been someone spectacular.

Let's look at this situation rationally. If so, I suggest that you quit reading people's vibes.
no, the important, broader issue is recognizing and valuing and developing your intuition. Everyone has intuition, it is just a matter of whether we value it and take the time to develop it and learn to read it

you may not have yet come to the point where you value your intuition, where you recognize it, where you have developed it, where you have cultivated it

when a person ignores or discounts their intuition, they are missing out on an incredibly valuable resource and compass. They also live and walk in the world in a less-than-whole way, in an under-developed way, out of balance.

there is nothing "rational" about shutting down an important part of being human, there is nothing rational about living life out of kilter. i'm curious to hear from the poster above, what is your relationship with your own intuition?

Last edited by Tzaphkiel; 11-17-2009 at 09:55 AM..

Old 01-30-2010, 11:32 AM

1 posts, read 11,784 times
I have been dating a guy for over 6 months now. And we met in college and now he has a job. There is one particular woman(his junior), whom I have started hating now. She is in his friends list on a popular social networking site and I hate it to the core. I always got negative vibes from her when I first saw her in my college. Seeing her in my bf's list has only worsened the situation. I haven't talked to him about it. She is pretty and seeing that a horrible picture of her and my bf starts rolling in my mind! My gut instincts have been right in most of the cases and in this case I fear the worse!!! HELP ME.....

Old 01-30-2010, 11:46 AM

593 posts, read 1,660,145 times
You know what. I don't know what to say about that because there's been people that I first thought were pricks but turned out to be cool people. You can't just judge people from the first visit.

Old 01-31-2010, 01:11 AM

5,696 posts, read 19,135,794 times
I trust my gut feelings about people. Sometimes I am wrong but most of the time I am right. I am talking about those bad vibes that someone throws off even before you know their name. I have learned over the years to be cautious around these types until whatever it is comes out. Sometimes it takes a while, just long enough for me to slightly doubt myself, then BAM, they show their true colors.

Old 01-31-2010, 02:55 AM

1,052 posts, read 1,647,206 times
Think this topic refers to the "stomach churning" experience when meeting the bad vibe person...

I currently have one and I try to avoid him at all costs...my friends don't understand why I "don't like" him :/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships