Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2009, 12:41 PM

4,483 posts, read 5,330,273 times

Advertisements

Inspired by a thread where a woman is going psycho on her ex-boyfriend...

Have YOU ever taken revenge on an ex? If so, how did it feel? Were you there to see your ex's reaction when the revenge happened? Did his/her facial expression make it all the sweeter, or did you suddenly realize you had done something you shouldn't have?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2009, 12:44 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,697,277 times
Nope, never took revenge on anybody.

Old 11-16-2009, 12:50 PM

Most I ever did:... went into a karaoke next to a place I'd been at one night. The karaoke was new and the staff kindly accepted my request to check out the facilities. I went to the largest karaoke room and recognized a distant relative of mine. He and his pals had been drinking.

I walked in and noticed there was a woman sitting on one of the karaoke couches staring at me. I was on my feet, talking to my relative, when I finally turned to her and looked at her. It was a woman who'd broken up with me in a pretty rotten manner.

We locked eyes for a few moments and she quietly and reluctantly waved "hi" with her hand. I stared at her for a few more moments and turned away without acknowledging her greeting. I talked a bit more to my relative (who I now knew to be in the same social circle as her) and walked out.

As I walked out from the corner of my eye I saw her. She was looking down on the floor, looking a bit dejected.

Old 11-16-2009, 01:00 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,184,275 times
I never needed to - people like that usually do themselves in you don't need to help them.

I did mention in the other thread a book I read called "Make Em Pay" by Hayduke and in it are some completely hilarious cases of revenge and some that are pure evil. He even has a section where you can buy supplies for some of these acts.

Old 11-16-2009, 01:01 PM

3,993 posts, read 8,926,197 times
i didn't take revenge, but i certainly wished it on her.
karma did the rest.

she's still one of those folk who'll fall in sh*t and still smell like roses tho !!

Old 11-16-2009, 01:16 PM

440 posts, read 1,030,276 times
I found that my happiness was enought to p^ss my ex off. Just the thought of the person your in love with being happier alone then with you is enough punishment to make them feel crappy. After I broke up with my ex (after years of being unhappy) and was able to get on my own 2 feet by myself, my happiness made him jealous and a little bitter. Turns out the only thing I had to do was be in this life for me! HAHA (I'll find someone to share my time with when the time is right though...sharing is caring!!!)lol

Old 11-16-2009, 01:16 PM

A very, VERY attractive woman I know told me she once executed revenge on one of her ex's. She didn't tell me what he'd done to get her mad, and she didn't detail her revenge. But she said she was right in front of him when the revenge happened, and she gave him a look of, "ha you sucker. How do you like THAT?"

However, her anger and satisfaction evaporated the moment she saw - and digested - his facial reaction. She wouldn't specify, but I gathered he was not only unhappy, but surprised and quite hurt.

She regretted it later on.

Old 11-16-2009, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ablees8951 View Post
I found that my happiness was enought to p^ss my ex off. Just the thought of the person your in love with being happier alone then with you is enough punishment to make them feel crappy. After I broke up with my ex (after years of being unhappy) and was able to get on my own 2 feet by myself, my happiness made him jealous and a little bitter. Turns out the only thing I had to do was be in this life for me! HAHA (I'll find someone to share my time with when the time is right though...sharing is caring!!!)lol
Your story reminds me of one of my ex's. 3 years after I broke up with her, I was dating somebody else. In the early stages, and it was going well, until one day the new girl told me she had had met one of her closer girlfriends... and the girlfriend knew me, and had dated me, and said negative things about me.

My relationship with the new girl went downhill. I guess to the ex, revenge was telling my new girl, "Sprawling is a bastard. Don't date him."

Old 11-16-2009, 01:26 PM

440 posts, read 1,030,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprawling_Homeowner View Post
Your story reminds me of one of my ex's. 3 years after I broke up with her, I was dating somebody else. In the early stages, and it was going well, until one day the new girl told me she had had met one of her closer girlfriends... and the girlfriend knew me, and had dated me, and said negative things about me.

My relationship with the new girl went downhill. I guess to the ex, revenge was telling my new girl, "Sprawling is a bastard. Don't date him."
Aww I'm sorry that happened to you! I would never bad mouth my ex to anyone (well I'll vent but no names need to be involved its not fair to him). People are so easy to take "revenge" on another person...very hateful

Old 11-16-2009, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ablees8951 View Post
Aww I'm sorry that happened to you! I would never bad mouth my ex to anyone (well I'll vent but no names need to be involved its not fair to him). People are so easy to take "revenge" on another person...very hateful
Ah it's ok. It was quite early, so very little had been invested.

Besides, the new girl and I parted ways, and we actually met a few more time after that - and the new girl never mentioned my ex/her close GF again. But the fact I had once dated her very close GF definitely played a role... on that night she wouldn't stop talking about it.

A female friend later told me it was jealousy and even hurt that made my new girl back off - and it was a desire not to see me happy that led my ex to do this. Especially considering I might have ended up happy with a friend of hers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships