Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2009, 02:38 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,682,985 times

Advertisements

By the way, I've known the man I'm married to now since we were in high school together. I dated another guy for several years, and my husband (just a friend at the time) would call from time to time and ask, "Are you still going out with that guy? Call me if you ever break up." I did.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2009, 02:43 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Some people look for an opportunity and go for it. Even if you marry this girl and she wears a big ring on her finger, there are guys out there who will take a chance. If she is loyal to you, she will just swat them away. Instead of being angry, be proud of having such a hot girlfriend.
I was thinking the same thing

Unless the guy was being some threat to this girl, her boyfriend didn't need to get all puffed up, sounds like she handled it.

Old 11-17-2009, 03:43 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,708,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew303 View Post
I want to get some more opinions on something that happened the other night. I was at the bar with my gf, the bar was pretty empty for the most part. We were sitting at a table together and it was very obvious that we were together. I get up to go to the bathroom, and a guy from the next table (all guys) tries to hit on my gf while I am in the bathroom! I wanted to beat the hell out of him but I didnt. I told him to back off and that was it. I told my girl that it pissed me off, she said that I overreacted and shouldnt have got mad. What do you guys (and girls) think?
Man, you know it's Menver and how desperate the men are.

I hear this all the time that bars in Denver have 75-25 men-women ratio, and I've even seen it, lol

Old 11-17-2009, 04:01 PM

366 posts, read 1,373,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post

I hear this all the time that bars in Denver have 75-25 men-women ratio, and I've even seen it, lol
That might have something to do with it! haha

Old 11-17-2009, 04:12 PM
ttz

677 posts, read 1,665,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ablees8951 View Post
I'd say you overreacted! Why get p*ssed off? Obviously your girl is attractive and its going to happen. Its all in how she handles it. Was she flirting back or just having a normal conversation? I'd be willing to bet she was just coversing with them, next time come up give her a kiss say "hey baby" and invite them over to your table. Don't be the jealous bf and dont get mad when things are out of her control. Believe it or not I'm sure she gets hit on when you're not around. It happens. As long as she isn't instigating anything then let it go!! Too many men and woman are so easy to flip the jealousy switch on.
Very good post! This is great advice. Assuming you are in good standing with your girl (you have been dating for a while and are an item, not during the first few dates. lol) Don't get upset, (I have done this in a similar situation) just come up and give your girl a hug and kiss right in front of him and just play it off. He will quickly leave.

Now if your girl is actively chatting him up and flirting, you might have a problem!

Old 11-17-2009, 04:16 PM
ttz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post

I was once on a date at a lounge/bar. We sat at a table and it was pretty early, around 6ish. We were actively chatting it up and out of the blue a dood walks up and asks my date if she wanted to dance. We both started laughing as she told him no, I am with him...

Old 11-17-2009, 04:24 PM

374 posts, read 812,189 times
In my high school days I had some close calls running around with some girls who had boyfriends. One night I took a pretty good thumpin'. But it had the opposite affect. The guy's girlfriend took me home and spent the night. Maybe that's a bad example, and now I have grown up and settled down with a nice girl, and it would certainly light my fuse to see another guy hitting on her. But cool heads usually prevail, although in some circumstances, sometimes you gotta bust a few heads to get your point across where I'm from.

Old 11-17-2009, 04:31 PM

6,764 posts, read 22,065,882 times
It's pretty scummy of him to try and cut in while you went to the bathroom. I do believe you are justified in being annoyed.

However, people are all wackos these days and because this guy was with a bunch of his buds, the best thing was diffuse it. You don't need to be jumped or hurt on the way out because of some idiot.

I do the the g/f should have told the guy she was with you and that would have been it.

Old 11-17-2009, 04:35 PM
ttz

Also keep in mind the guy might of not seen her with someone, so maybe he assumed she was alone at the table? Just pointing that out. But then again if he was at the table next to them that might of not been the case... Still the OP is justified in being annoyed. It is not cool, but be cool in the way you handle it.

Old 11-17-2009, 04:44 PM

11,865 posts, read 16,994,999 times
That whole scenario could go 100 different ways. The best approach is just to be cool about it since he wasn't hurting her. When I was a social butterfly I had guys hitting on me left and right whether I was with someone else or not. Some guys have no boundaries - and they're usually drunk. Bad combination.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post

One thing you need to clear up first. Did she play along with their flirting or give them the time of day? A women can very easily shut down a potential vulture with her body language and/or words. Just a thought.
That's really not true. Some men see that as a challenge. I think that's when it escalates.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships