U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2007, 05:56 AM

2,297 posts, read 3,789,515 times
Ditto on the goldfishbowl,Just don't fill with water like Spongebob does while visiting Sandy!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2007, 06:31 AM

15,196 posts, read 24,698,239 times
That goldfish bowl thing reminds me of Mystery Science Theater 3000. You could get a thing to put on your head like the robot Tom Servo.

Old 05-15-2007, 09:40 PM

326 posts, read 28,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
So is it like a clear plastic bag or is it one of those ugly white grocery bags you can't see through? Your not stumbling and running into things are you? That might get the cops called on you as well. What you need is a gumball globe! Like a plastic space helmet! Or a gold fish bowl.
it's always more than less a clear or transparent bag.

Old 05-15-2007, 10:15 PM

50 posts, read 177,081 times
Triton1 it seems like you don't think much of yourself, people pick up on that, I know autistic people and they are the nicest people I've ever met. Try to think more positive. Your shooting yourself in the foot before you even get started. Chinup, it will get better.

Old 05-15-2007, 10:16 PM

14,843 posts, read 24,572,184 times
Maybe everyone thinks your huffin glue or something! Lose the plastic bag. Get one of those brown paper sacks and put some eye holes in it. Then everyone will think your the unknown comic...and you'll get along just fine!

Old 05-22-2007, 10:56 PM

326 posts, read 28,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by poprocksncoke View Post
Something tells me that its not Illinois that's the problem......
I am afraid my location in Illinois is a problem, because even though i hate winter, i still get quite depressed when the weather warms up because I just know that absolutely no woman within the entire state of illinois, as well as the entire chicago tri state area will ever touch me with a 75 foot pipe. And no, I never wear a bag over my face in warm weather.

Old 05-22-2007, 11:05 PM

217 posts, read 590,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by triton1 View Post
Nothing breaks my heart and makes me more emotionally sick than living in northeast Illinois! Basically, my situation; 26 and SINGLE!!! All the women around me; 20 and MARRIED! AND I MEAN MARRIED!!! I mean, sure, the women can be quite attractive in Illinois, but more attractive in Florida, but the women in Illinois; horrible and snobby, only going after men that are TOP NOTCH POPULAR AND RICH!!! Mentally, Illinois women can only be described as follows; stinking, cowardly, scummy, hostile, horribly snobby, horribly rude, horribly ignorant, horribly selfish, and even living with parents who will NEVER, EVER HESITATE to call the police immediately at the ABSOLUTE SLIGHTEST HINT OF SUSPICION, and totally REFUSE to rest until the would-be boyfriend, mentally disabled or not, is either killed by the authorities, or locked up in prison and the key has been put away! EVEN IF THE WOULD-BE BOYFRIEND IS AUTISTIC, HAS CEREBRAL PALSY, ETC; in fact, the vast MAJORITY of females AND their parents in Illinois even see autism as "dangerous, contagious" and see autistic men as "total psychopaths that need to be eradicated."
Hm...well, if my kid was wanting to date a guy I thought was crazy, no, I wouldn't hesitate to try to stop them EVEN IF he were autistic or had cerebral palsy. I don't think having either of those keeps a guy from being a jerk (not to say you are, just saying parents shouldn't necessarily go easier on you because of it).

Old 05-22-2007, 11:14 PM

3,371 posts, read 4,429,620 times
triton....Im sorry your having troubles here. If it makes you feel any better, I'm a 30 year old...never married, also in the vast social desert of illinois

I promise you, there are tons of single young ladies in illinois. Maybe you need to find someone that is more similiar to you, or understands your situatioon better. It must be difficult, since most people dont understand autism. I dont know if florida will be better, but it might be a nice change, at least it will be warmer and you can always come back to illinois later if you realize you made a mistake.

I lived in florida for awhile...it is pretty nice and people tend to be in happier moods cause they are on vacation or more relaxed in general.

do what you can to improve your general outlook and maybe the girls will come running but yes....definitley lose the plastic bag if I saw that I might run the other way

it was a really horrible, cold winter though, so I am sure no one noticed or cared.

Old 05-22-2007, 11:19 PM

117 posts, read 11,983 times
awww that was a dear post rgb. sure they noticed and cared unless you close yourself up. girls coming running isnt always that much fun it can make a guy even more confused about himself and perplexed about what he should really do i dont how much amchismo he tries to have..

Old 05-23-2007, 05:01 AM

282 posts, read 956,427 times
I live in Illinois too. The women here do really suck. It's hard finding a family oriented woman that likes the outdoors and watching movies. Rather you'd have to have a million dollar salary before they give you a chance. Or would have to be really "hot" if you don't have money. So yeah the women here suck but they suck everywhere. You have to look for the minority that won't judge you on something trivial and you have to carry yourself better. If not you are always going to remain alone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships