Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2009, 10:58 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,566,362 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
It happens at all levels of society. In one town I lived in women would date me because I had health benefits.
Did you live in Clute?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2009, 08:46 PM

3,633 posts, read 5,789,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyDaysCopenhagenSkoal View Post
You hear more and more people claiming the Gold Digger alibi when the woman that the guy is attracted to is not interested in him.

Believe me, there are millions upon millions of gold diggers out there, and have been out there since the beginning of time.

But men also like to blame their received rejections on gold digging women.

The truth is, for every 100 gold digger claims, there is probably a significant portion that just rejected the guy - and if they were to find the right guy for them, they wouldn't necessarily have gold digger traits - on the contrary - if the dude's got his **** together and can keep her comin back for more, he doesn't have to be rich monetarily.

Even for women looking for long-term... gold digging can sometimes equate to "loser elimination". And loser does not necessarily equate to "middle-class lifestyle".

Just sayin' based on my discussions with my girlfriend and all of her single and looking girlfriends... they just want smart guys, relatively good-looking, take care of themselves, good in bed, and who are not unemployed/precariously employed losers. And no, the women are not past their expiration date.

Why is that gold digging? It's not.

i hope women who think like u find what u seek, because real love comes from the heart not society's ways of belief

Old 11-25-2009, 08:53 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,344,316 times
Just date rich men until you fall in love. Easy!!!

Old 11-25-2009, 09:02 PM

3,633 posts, read 5,789,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by driller1 View Post
just date rich men until you fall in love. Easy!!!:d:d:d

this society is really sick nowadays

Old 11-25-2009, 09:09 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorRob305 View Post
this society is really sick nowadays
She's got a point. Haven't ya heard you can fall in love with a rich man just as easily as with a poor one?!

Old 11-25-2009, 09:12 PM

3,065 posts, read 8,899,273 times
My personal observation is a person who doe snot have much, wants someone with more than she has. Somebody who has a something, the man does not necessarily have to be on her level financially.

Basically most gold digger chicks are barely making it themselves. On the other hand I've observed in the Metro DC area, successful women with their own money, dating men that were "beneath them" financially speaking.

Old 11-25-2009, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macjr82 View Post
On the other hand I've observed in the Metro DC area, successful women with their own money, dating men that were "beneath them" financially speaking.
I'd bet they're not "beneath" them in the looks department!

Old 11-25-2009, 09:19 PM

20,721 posts, read 19,363,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
She's got a point. Haven't ya heard you can fall in love with a rich man just as easily as with a poor one?!
Hi sierraAZ,

They fall too but sometimes they can't get up. They'll hear if you speak up. That's why there is first alert

Medical Alert Systems for Seniors by LifeStation®

And hot Filipina nurses.

You need to get yourself in the mix. Bump up your number on the speed dial.

Old 11-25-2009, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
You need to get yourself in the mix. Bump up your number on the speed dial.
Much appreciated, but I'm still able to fall, get up, dust myself off, and pull myself by the straps on my own! I even manage to fall back in the same puddle again occasionally!

Old 11-26-2009, 05:08 PM

491 posts, read 748,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphous01 View Post
Yea, I agree. I find that the men who complain the MOST are the ones that are always short in the fiat currency. It's just a no brainier that a female would find a man with money/power attractive. For one, she has a ticking bio clock and it's only right that she can find/attract the best provider for her child. Though, today, it's difficult to weed out the real providers because it's easy to appear to be financially successful (e.g., rented cars). Heck, I remember when I was dirt poor, and had no job, at one point, but still drove a 60-70k Benz that belonged to a friend regularly.
Why does the man have to be the provider? Are woman still to weak to get their own jobs? I thought woman wanted equal rights. A man who is rich may be a good finacial provider but may not be able to provide love or a good father figure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships