U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Thanksgiving Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2009, 11:33 AM

3,258 posts, read 5,763,939 times

Advertisements

This is just my opinion, but I was surprised to have seen on online dating profiles, the thing some guys are most passionate about are actually Internet and Video Games. Are they kidding me with this? How about life, family, traveling, being healthy, being outdoors? You know, the stuff that actually gets your rear end out of the house that actually mean you have a life. Granted those are interests, and I love chocolate, but wouldn't seriously put it as my passion on one of those sights.

What would you list as what you are most passionate about?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2009, 11:38 AM

3,390 posts, read 2,076,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridadreamer View Post
This is just my opinion, but I was surprised to have seen on online dating profiles, the thing some guys are most passionate about are actually Internet and Video Games. Are they kidding me with this? How about life, family, traveling, being healthy, being outdoors? You know, the stuff that actually gets your rear end out of the house that actually mean you have a life. Granted those are interests, and I love chocolate, but wouldn't seriously put it as my passion on one of those sights.

having a passion in the internet don't always mean that you don't get outside, or don't have life. Like me, I am passionate about the internet, and spend 10-14 hours a day online. But the internet is my profession, it is how I make money and support my family. Just like anyone else that is passionate about their career.

Old 11-21-2009, 11:41 AM

12,980 posts, read 18,709,803 times
Quote:

I would guess that guys who like traveling, being healthy and being outdoors have a pretty easy time of meeting people in real life instead of having to resort to online dating. Thats probably why the video game dudes and internet dudes are the ones you are finding online.

Well, if that is what they are into, you cant fault them for being honest on their online profiles.

Old 11-21-2009, 11:42 AM

3,403 posts, read 9,277,512 times
Quote:
Animals.

Seriously, I will tear up over almost any sad circumstance involving an animal, and have been toying with the idea of switching artsy-crafty professions to do something more along the lines of helping our little furry friends out. I sleep in a bed covered with kitty fur, and I wear most of them to work with me, lol.

I love video games. I excell at most of the online mmorpgs I've lived in in the past. I am a sucker for meatballs, any day, any time. And I can't go anywhere that sells car scents without buying a new handful of them (whether I need them or not) ...but I wouldn't list any of those as my passion.

People have different things that they are drawn to. I think, if you think they are not valid passions, perhaps it's just reflecting the fact that those people inparticular have not expanded outside of their comfort zone enough to experiment what else they may be drawn to, or not drawn to. For example.. I would probably be REALLY into cooking, or horse riding, if the circumstances fell into my lap to delve into them to try it out!

Old 11-21-2009, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhawkins74 View Post
having a passion in the internet don't always mean that you don't get outside, or don't have life. Like me, I am passionate about the internet, and spend 10-14 hours a day online. But the internet is my profession, it is how I make money and support my family. Just like anyone else that is passionate about their career.
That means you are passionate about your work correct? I'm saying if someone lists their main passions in life as computers,internet and video games, I'd have to wonder if they ever leave the house.

What other words would you add to it though if internet was one of yours?

Old 11-21-2009, 11:53 AM

4,248 posts, read 6,652,014 times
Quote:

OMG, what site was this?

I'm passionate about ocean waves and Chinatown.

What has this world come to?

Old 11-21-2009, 11:54 AM

3,190 posts, read 3,268,867 times
My passions are travelling, working out(running) and talking about politics. I like to spend time on the Internet but I believe in BALANCE. If a guy's passion is video games, Internet and computers, I don't think he will pay much attention to you unfortunately. There are a lot of anti-social types that spend a lot of time indoors because they don't know how to talk, deal with people and/or have very poor social skills.

Old 11-21-2009, 11:55 AM

3,390 posts, read 2,076,073 times
Quote:
That means you are passionate about your work correct? I'm saying if someone lists their main passions in life as computers,internet and video games, I'd have to wonder if they ever leave the house.

What other words would you add to it though if internet was one of yours?
For me personally I would say that I am passionate about my career, but, I would in my profile let it known that my career is the owner of a web design and hosting company.

Old 11-21-2009, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by movin'on View Post
OMG, what site was this?

I'm passionate about ocean waves and Chinatown.

What has this world come to?
eHarmony actually, one of those sign up for the weekend free things. I find it interesting, like reading the personals in the newspaper.

Old 11-21-2009, 11:59 AM

2,192 posts, read 2,748,003 times
My passion is online video games, pizza, and seeing how many times in a row I can wear the same pair of pajama pants. Sometimes If I have a couple of real long sessions I will use the pizza box as a pillow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships