U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-23-2009, 03:50 PM
 
12,660 posts, read 8,467,882 times
Reputation: 4743

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdubs3201 View Post
I totally agree, but there's a difference between sucking up and being respectful. Kissing their ass and always asking if they're "ok" is not something I practice or would recommend. I was referring to an earlier post that talked about women being treated poorly by men, and I don't disagree that there are a lot of women who are damaged emotionally from it.

But personal experience has shown me that by just showing a simple form of respect and kindness (one that you'd show just about any stranger) during a dating process, has proved to me as a turn off to these "damaged women". Do I know why? Not really, and I don't really care. If I had to guess, I'd assume it was because they weren't used to being treated respectfully and some people who've been burned don't know how to respond to kindness (like how some people don't know how to accept a compliment with a simple "thank you"). Now don't go assuming I throw out compliments like candy, because I don't. But I will admit I don't really feel much remorse for perpetually "damaged" women. Being hurt by one dbag is one thing, but to keep dating the same losers without changing anything and expecting different results is the true definition of insanity. At some point people need to look within for responsibility for their shortcomings and bad decisions. These women dug their own grave.

Hi cdubs3201,

As I have cited. Women are hypergamous and seek to naturally status jump within their own class or even about it. The worst of them are women who fail to grasp that female career status is not a major marketable asset for dating. Mating is about survival and baby making and men hone in on those cues. Having great conversations does not make babies or guarantee the survival of your mate. That is how a Peter the Great ends up with a Lithuanian peasant girl.

Thus such women seek their "equals" fail completely or end up being the short term fix unable to land him . Rinse, repeat and the result is lonely bitter women. We know this by the STD distributions where a smaller pool of womanizers infect many more women as they rotate through the ranks.
The rates of three major sexually transmitted diseases in the United States in 2007 continued to follow a nearly decade-long climb that has disproportionately affected minorities and women, according to a report from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Major STD rates highest in women and minorities; decade's trend continues, CDC reports | OB/GYN News | Find Articles at BNET

Top males find the pickings so easy they don't commit even as the women try to land them and blame the overall male population including the quiet male virgin in the corner who is as clean as a whistle. Considering that gay men must be in this number, I suspect heterosexually its understated. There are not enough of the kind of men woman want. When women put out, this is the result.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-23-2009, 04:11 PM
 
2,608 posts, read 2,931,488 times
Reputation: 2024
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Hi cdubs3201,

As I have cited. Women are hypergamous and seek to naturally status jump within their own class or even about it. The worst of them are women who fail to grasp that female career status is not a major marketable asset for dating. Mating is about survival and baby making and men hone in on those cues. Having great conversations does not make babies or guarantee the survival of your mate. That is how a Peter the Great ends up with a Lithuanian peasant girl.

Thus such women seek their "equals" fail completely or end up being the short term fix unable to land him . Rinse, repeat and the result is lonely bitter women. We know this by the STD distributions where a smaller pool of womanizers infect many more women as they rotate through the ranks.
The rates of three major sexually transmitted diseases in the United States in 2007 continued to follow a nearly decade-long climb that has disproportionately affected minorities and women, according to a report from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Major STD rates highest in women and minorities; decade's trend continues, CDC reports | OB/GYN News | Find Articles at BNET

Top males find the pickings so easy they don't commit even as the women try to land them and blame the overall male population including the quiet male virgin in the corner who is as clean as a whistle. Considering that gay men must be in this number, I suspect heterosexually its understated. There are not enough of the kind of men woman want. When women put out, this is the result.
You make a valid and interesting point, expecially in the last paragraph. Although I still disagree with the statement "There are not enough of the kind of men woman want."

Now I could be mistaken, but I think you could mean one of two things from this:

1. The men women want are of a certain "top of the class" status that is more regarded as looks, personality, and charisma and there aren't enough of men drenched in those qualities that a woman is able to lock down as her own, or

2. The men women want are those that would provide successful and long lasting marriages. The "survival" mates that can take good care of themselves, and exert the kindness to take care of a woman and family as well. One that would treat her respectfull and is able to be locked down a little easier than the "top of the class" male.

To me, these types of men are different, they're not the same. They could be, but typically aren't. As for there not being enough of them, I have to completely disagree as being a young, hardworking, healthy, athletic, smart, urban professional male, I run into an abundance of BOTH kinds of males listed above. There's plenty of dirty dbags who prey on women at bars for a one-nighter and to move on, and then there's that work hard/play hard, live their lives to how they want and just want to have fun, but aren't desired. I just know too many guys who don't make strong efforts like the "top of the class" and incidentally they suffer the negative opinions and judgments created from them.

I simply think the men that women truly want are just overlooked. They cross women's paths every day, the women just don't see them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-23-2009, 04:55 PM
 
12,660 posts, read 8,467,882 times
Reputation: 4743
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdubs3201 View Post
You make a valid and interesting point, expecially in the last paragraph. Although I still disagree with the statement "There are not enough of the kind of men woman want."

Now I could be mistaken, but I think you could mean one of two things from this:

1. The men women want are of a certain "top of the class" status that is more regarded as looks, personality, and charisma and there aren't enough of men drenched in those qualities that a woman is able to lock down as her own, or

2. The men women want are those that would provide successful and long lasting marriages. The "survival" mates that can take good care of themselves, and exert the kindness to take care of a woman and family as well. One that would treat her respectfull and is able to be locked down a little easier than the "top of the class" male.

To me, these types of men are different, they're not the same. They could be, but typically aren't. As for there not being enough of them, I have to completely disagree as being a young, hardworking, healthy, athletic, smart, urban professional male, I run into an abundance of BOTH kinds of males listed above. There's plenty of dirty dbags who prey on women at bars for a one-nighter and to move on, and then there's that work hard/play hard, live their lives to how they want and just want to have fun, but aren't desired. I just know too many guys who don't make strong efforts like the "top of the class" and incidentally they suffer the negative opinions and judgments created from them.

I simply think the men that women truly want are just overlooked. They cross women's paths every day, the women just don't see them.
Hi cdubs3201,

I do not think it is at a 10 to 1 ratio. However 2/3 possibly? Just look around a bit and you will see this pool of x-box men. There are still a lot of datable men, but women tend to pool at the top. How often is it said men "want a good woman", whereas women look for "soul mates" and "Mr Right".

So I see stratification something like:

o ( top monogamous male shortage. Rock stars and one night stands)
x o (majority pool)
x o
x o
x (undatable men)

A top man is almost impossible for a single women to satisfy. So women consistently fail to keep them in their natural monogamous tendency.


Its the only explanation for the cads able to bed a 100 women, women complaining that men use them while low status men never get a date. Higher status women and low status men always lose in polygamy which is what we are seeing.

Both high-status men and low-status women are liberated by polygamy. As the old saying has it, men "date down and marry up." With polygamy you can do both. Meanwhile, the losers are: 1) high-status women, who must share their mate with lower-status females, and 2) low-status men, who don't get to mate at all.

The American Spectator : Polygamy and Me
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-24-2009, 12:09 AM
 
1,096 posts, read 882,969 times
Reputation: 695
This discussion is getting pretty scientific.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-24-2009, 10:10 PM
 
3,441 posts, read 5,054,786 times
Reputation: 2319
Yea, this is a good thread. If I may submit my rendition, in laymens terms, women who only chose guys based on money, and men who chose women based only on looks deserve each other completely. If either party experiences the wash, rinse and repeat, I don't feel sorry for either party one bit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-24-2009, 10:21 PM
 
1,096 posts, read 882,969 times
Reputation: 695
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphous01 View Post
Yea, this is a good thread. If I may submit my rendition, in laymens terms, women who only chose guys based on money, and men who chose women based only on looks deserve each other completely. If either party experiences the wash, rinse and repeat, I don't feel sorry for either party one bit.
Let me ask you, and we'll get the "I didn't marry my husband or wife for money/looks" crowd here, how many marriages or relationships come together or fall apart base on those figures (if you marry young, and break up in you're 40's, ect.)?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-24-2009, 10:24 PM
FBJ
 
Location: Tall Building down by the river
35,231 posts, read 24,526,462 times
Reputation: 7961
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansProof View Post
Yeah, 90%+ of the women's profiles online just scream low self-esteem.

"This is my first time on here/doing this..."

Hello, "back" button

"I want a man..."

Back button

"I've been burnt in the past and..."

Back button

"Looking for someone who won't abuse me..."

Back...errr, no wait, I'll email you, we'll chat, meet for coffee, walk you to your car, then I'll backhand you across your face, then jump in my truck, race home, sign on to date.com again, pull up your profile, laugh, then and only THEN hit the "back button

How about the stupid girls?

"I like to have fun!"

See, we wouldn't get along because I'm the one person in this world who doesn't like to have any fun at all. Wow, what an ironic and twisted coincidence

"Must like animals."

Screw animals, kill'm all...even puppies...even puppies with cute little leg twitches when they sleep.

"


What about-"you must like kids?-lol

My response is-"OH REALLY???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-25-2009, 05:40 AM
 
Location: Norfolk
888 posts, read 776,604 times
Reputation: 1943
Default marriage

I married at 18 the first time and my only reason for marrying was that I knew I'd found my "one twoo wuv." Fast forward 24 years and he decides that marriage isn't for him. That was one heck of a surprise.

The second time, I knew what I wanted in a man. For one thing, I wanted financial stability in a man. I knew how to support myself and I didn't want to marry some idiot who was on his second bankruptcy and had already run up the new credit cards to the max.

I also didn't want someone who'd stare at me with a degree of awe and say things like, "You sure do know some big words," or "I never met anyone who 'dun wrote some books."

I wanted an equal. And I wanted someone with "no bad habits" (such as addictions, fiscal irresponsibility, etc).

Okay guys, go ahead and yell at me, call me names, insult my intellect, say ugly things about me, whatever, but the fact is, too many men in their 40s and 50s are immature, uncouth, non-housebroken, ill-behaved, hormone-driven teenagers trapped in middle-age men's bodies. They don't know how to manage their checkbook and they don't know how to manage their life and they don't know how to manage their sexual desires and they don't know how to look beyond the plain-brown-paper packaging of a woman's body and see her luminescent, radiant, enchanting soul.

And this is where the guys like to say, "Hey, that's true for women, too. All that stuff you said, women are like that, too."

Ding, ding, ding, nice try and thanks for playing.

Men way outnumber women on this one. Women want love and companionship and are hard-wired to pair-bond for the long haul. Men want hot sex and a babe that'll make their bowling partners pea-green with envy.

The Bimbonic Plague - it's killing you guys, ruining your lives and the lusty relationships it breeds leaves a wake of pecuniary destruction that can take a lifetime to repair.


Rose Thornton
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-25-2009, 06:24 AM
 
Location: Bradenton, Florida
27,237 posts, read 27,256,347 times
Reputation: 10607
Worked for this guy:

I now pronounce you husband and what?!

In another sign that the world is about to collapse, multiple blogs are reporting that a fan of the Nintendo DS dating sim Love Plus (you know, the really creepy one) liked his virtual lady so much that he decided to marry her. For real.
Apparently, a Japanese gamer known as 'Sal9000' was officially wed to Nene Anegasaki, one of the game's three virtual girlfriends, in what must have been the weirdest ceremony in the history of ceremonies. We can only assume that Ms. Pac-Man was the maid of honor.

While the two aren't planning a honeymoon -- after all, one of them is a VIDEO GAME -- they did hold a small 'reception' in Japan for friends, family and the media, indicating that this is most likely little more than the looniest video game publicity stunt we've seen in some time.

But this is going to extremes...oh, and read the last bit of the post at the bottom there regarding attribution.

Last edited by TKramar; 11-25-2009 at 06:57 AM.. Reason: This blurb is from Yahoo News.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-25-2009, 09:36 AM
 
930 posts, read 1,550,264 times
Reputation: 963
Quote:
Originally Posted by RosemaryT View Post
and they don't know how to look beyond the plain-brown-paper packaging of a woman's body and see her luminescent, radiant, enchanting soul.
Rose, there is a lot of wisdom in what you say, no doubt. But I would learn how to play the game long before I would attempt to change the mindset of man that has been there forever.

Your statement above was true 500 years ago, 500 years before that, and will be true 500 years from now. Men are physical creatures....even the very deepest and most religious of them. So, 1) do everything humanly possible, including hitting the gym daily, to improve your physical beauty 2) ditch the bar and dating websites and look for a man who is "minutely" deeper than the rest which is likely found at Church, a Bible Study, or volunteering on the playground of his children's school.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top