Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2009, 07:44 PM

3,440 posts, read 8,040,288 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfpacker View Post
Let me ask you, and we'll get the "I didn't marry my husband or wife for money/looks" crowd here, how many marriages or relationships come together or fall apart base on those figures (if you marry young, and break up in you're 40's, ect.)?
Sir/Ma'am, I don't know, but I do know, those type of people are out there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2009, 11:00 AM

930 posts, read 2,423,511 times
Someone on here referenced the movie "Shallow Hal" and there is no more fitting theme for this thread than that. Jack Black and George Seinfeld spend the movie trying to land women far hotter than would ever give them the time of day in real life.

Rose, the issue isn't so much that men are shallow. The issue is that men have absolutely no concept of themselves and what women are in their league. If fat guys would accept fat women as a mate....it would solve a lot of problems.

Old 11-30-2009, 12:45 PM

78,408 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beena View Post
Someone on here referenced the movie "Shallow Hal" and there is no more fitting theme for this thread than that. Jack Black and George Seinfeld spend the movie trying to land women far hotter than would ever give them the time of day in real life.

Rose, the issue isn't so much that men are shallow. The issue is that men have absolutely no concept of themselves and what women are in their league. If fat guys would accept fat women as a mate....it would solve a lot of problems.
...and women chase guys that are way outside their socio-economic class, education level etc. If the 26 year old hooters waitress would just be content to take up with the guy that works in the kitchen for $8.75 an hour and has to walk to work from his parents house....well....you get the picture.

I've seen this first hand.

Go to a gal in her late 30's and ask them what they are looking for in a guy....then look at what they actually are dating. Cougaring good looking younger guys....dating successful guys more thier own age....gee, I have buddies around age 40 that have lost thier job, no money...getting a little paunchy. Women won't touch them with a 10-ft pole.

Hugely hypocritical thread.

Don't you have any standards for guys?

Old 11-30-2009, 02:13 PM

930 posts, read 2,423,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
....gee, I have buddies around age 40 that have lost thier job, no money...getting a little paunchy. Women won't touch them with a 10-ft pole.

Hugely hypocritical thread.

Don't you have any standards for guys?
Yeah, my standard would be 1) get another job 2) hit the gym.

And yes women WILL touch them with a 10 foot pole. They just aren't the women these guys want, but they aren't willing to improve their physical or economic status to land one.

The game is what it is. Accept it and play it, or date farm animals.

Old 11-30-2009, 02:49 PM

20,718 posts, read 19,363,240 times
Quote:

Hi Beena,

Infertile women can't make babies. Men who crave good conversation over fertility died out 100 thousand years ago. Women who did not care if men got off their stone age rock sofas and could not get in there and take get a seat in the woolly mammoth steak house had babies that starved and died. Mating is not a carnival ride.

Fat is much harsher on women in the dating market because men are not ranked as harshly on looks due to the lower physical burden of baby making and potential social status. Men are bred to look for fertility and fat covers up those visual cues. Fat men are still in the game for fetile women albiet at a disadvantage.

Men who have children can often do one of two things. High investment strategy or low investment strategy. He may comfortably choose option A and have a nice family. He make a bond to a mate. If you don't fatten up on bon bons, chop the hair and put on sweats option A looks good and his moral compass is not put to the test. Add a little respect and friendship and there is even more slack in the rope.

Old 11-30-2009, 02:59 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,658,013 times
I'm much more interested in women that don't and can't have kids.

Old 11-30-2009, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
I'm much more interested in women that don't and can't have kids.
Hi TKramar,

You are subconsciously. Having any desire for a woman is one of natures unconscious reproductive drives. Why not find a leathery skinned old man that has seen it all?

The new me

Old 11-30-2009, 03:11 PM

78,408 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Yeah, my standard would be 1) get another job 2) hit the gym.

And yes women WILL touch them with a 10 foot pole. They just aren't the women these guys want, but they aren't willing to improve their physical or economic status to land one.

The game is what it is. Accept it and play it, or date farm animals.
One major reason I was driven to get back in much better shape was INDEED to improve my dating pool. It was *immensely noticeable* in how I was treated, flirted with and outright hit upon.

I will READILY admit that for every guy my age in shape there are 3 women in shape...such is the game.

I think what we are really flirting with is also the concept that the ratios of women/men get worse (for women) as more men die off in 20's-30's etc. and some of the best guys get (and stay) married.

About 4-5k guys die on motorcycles each year....just one statistic.

Old 11-30-2009, 03:11 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,658,013 times
I'm so desirous of a woman that I will not search for her, but would rather wait for her to find me. Yeah, not really one of my bigger priorities.

Old 11-30-2009, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
One major reason I was driven to get back in much better shape was INDEED to improve my dating pool. It was *immensely noticeable* in how I was treated, flirted with and outright hit upon.

I will READILY admit that for every guy my age in shape there are 3 women in shape...such is the game.

I think what we are really flirting with is also the concept that the ratios of women/men get worse (for women) as more men die off in 20's-30's etc. and some of the best guys get (and stay) married.

About 4-5k guys die on motorcycles each year....just one statistic.

Hi Mathguy,

Here is some math. The bluer it is, the more the gender ratios slant towards women.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships