Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-23-2009, 02:21 PM

2,382 posts, read 4,589,917 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by debey View Post
Q: Why is Christmas just like a day at the office ?
A: You do all the work and the fat guy with the suit gets all the credit.
Merry Christmas, Everyone!
haha Good one
Merry Christmas!

Old 12-23-2009, 03:45 PM

1,057 posts, read 2,010,879 times
OK, a legitimate gripe here... there is a woman at work who is militant about "Merry Christmas". I was saying goodbye to a patient after I discharged him and I said "Happy Holidays" and she yelled after the patient "and Merry Christmas!". Now she is a snowbird, a volunteer who is about a billion years old and she gets all bent out of shape if anybody says anything besides "Merry Christmas". She wears the button that says "Jesus is the reason for the season"...

Anyway, I said "Ms. Fanatic, I'm pretty sure Mr. Silvergoldrubenstein doesn't celebrate Christmas." She pursed her lips and said, "Well just in case". I couldn't help it, I cracked up. I never object to people saying "Merry Christmas", but when they think that's the only appropriate greeting it makes me nuts.

Old 12-23-2009, 03:56 PM

19,372 posts, read 15,217,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellfire View Post
OK, a legitimate gripe here... there is a woman at work who is militant about "Merry Christmas". I was saying goodbye to a patient after I discharged him and I said "Happy Holidays" and she yelled after the patient "and Merry Christmas!". Now she is a snowbird, a volunteer who is about a billion years old and she gets all bent out of shape if anybody says anything besides "Merry Christmas". She wears the button that says "Jesus is the reason for the season"...

Anyway, I said "Ms. Fanatic, I'm pretty sure Mr. Silvergoldrubenstein doesn't celebrate Christmas." She pursed her lips and said, "Well just in case". I couldn't help it, I cracked up. I never object to people saying "Merry Christmas", but when they think that's the only appropriate greeting it makes me nuts.
LOL, I love your name example there.

I agree, I don't understand why people get so upset if someone says "Happy Holidays." Can't other people celebrate, too? Maybe Jesus isn't the reason for THEIR season...

Old 12-23-2009, 04:05 PM

17,633 posts, read 22,624,498 times
http://bestsmileys.com/christmas1/7.gif (broken link)

Old 12-23-2009, 04:06 PM

Okay, there are a couple of people up on the roof of the 4- or 5-story condo building at the end of our street. One of them is playing some sort of horn. And by "playing," I mean honking out a "blat" here and there. The Beatles or U2 they're not.

Another odd occurrence happened a week or two ago. The cops were called out to our street for some reason. We went out on the balcony to see what was going on. They were just hanging out in their cars. Then one patrol car starting slowing advancing down the street in our direction, and all of a sudden this eerie, old-timey version of "Have a Holly, Jolly Christmas" started blaring. As Chow said, it was quite surreal. He got a little creeped out. I was cracking up. Do police cars play Christmas music for the masses now?

Seems like we're always confused these days.

Old 12-23-2009, 04:10 PM

Quote:

Your story reminds me of an elderly lady I know who goes absolutely crazy if someone says "Happy Holidays." She doesn't care if it offends anyone or not because Christmas is what she celebrates. Another lady I know is in her mid-70s and sends all of these email forwards about Wal-Mart employees not being able to say Merry Christmas to people and that kind if thing. I made the mistake a couple weeks ago of replying back to tell her that it just was not true. You'd swear she was a pastor by the sermon she gave me in a reply email...the world is going to hell because people won't say Merry Christmas, etc, etc, etc. Fun times

Old 12-23-2009, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post

There ya go, that about covers it!

Old 12-23-2009, 04:38 PM

17,633 posts, read 22,624,498 times
Quote:

Some snowbirds have bean froze solid many times in the winters of the far upper north. It has damaged their faculties.

heeheehee

Old 12-23-2009, 04:39 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,174,569 times
Any of you still in here or are all you monkeys still out Christmas shopping. (or Holiday shopping)

Old 12-23-2009, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
Any of you still in here or are all you monkeys still out Christmas shopping. (or Holiday shopping)
I'm here
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.